Also planning trip to FR in June

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Richard

Also planning trip to FR in June

Post by Richard »

By coincidence, I'm also going to be in Fall River June 16-18. I'm booked to stay in Lizzie's bedroom for the night of June 17th and have Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning to bop around.

Shelley, by any chance would you be working on those days? any chance you will be doing any graveyard or painted lady tours. Last time I was there, we met only briefly, for a few moments. This time I expect to be in town all weekend.
A book shall be an axe for the frozen sea within us -- Franz Kafka
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Grrrrrrrrr! I want to go back to Fall River sooooo bad and I also want to meet all you nice people from this forum. I just need to start saving. You guys all have me envious now. Plus I miss my family, friends and roots. I am considering going to the 2008 conference since I am a Bordenite plus BCC is my old Alma Mater. Class of 1988.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
bobarth

Post by bobarth »

I know exactly what you mean, I was there one month ago and I want to go back so bad I cant hardly stand it.

I am defintely planning on going to the conference and have been bugging them to let me volunteer to help with any tasks the organizers might have for me. So far I have volunteered to clean the cemetery, polish the tombstones and paint any houses that need painted. I am so psyched about this.

I hope you do go as I too would love to meet all the nice people on this forum. I certainly have enjoyed all your stories of Fall River and thanks for sharing your memories.
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mohandas Gandhi
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Hi Richard- yes I have arranged to be there on Sunday, the 17th and would be happy to take you around to see anything your heart desires. I am meeting Angel early on Monday the 18th for more Lizzying 'round town and we can have a fine old time. We might make a jaunt to Swansea and New Bedford and Fairhaven too. We might even have a chow mein sandwich for lunch- with vinegar! Looking forward to seeing y'all.
Steve- you just have to come home again- FR is missing you!

Oh Bobbie, good- I was wondering who could help clean all those tombstones in Oak Grove- let's see now.. where is that to-do list? :lol:
kfactor

Post by kfactor »

Hi All,

I haven't posted in awhile, but I read the forum every day!

I have to 'fess up that, though I am a life-long Mass resident, I have never been to Fall River :cry: This summer I am definitely making a trip down to the Lizzie House. Maybe someday I'll have the courage to stay the night! (really want to earn the t-shirt 'i survived the night...').

Shelley, I hope to meet you and all who call this forum "home".
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Am so glad you are coming at last. So often we never get to the things right in our own back yard. Let me know what date you choose, and I will do my best to show you all the sights and sites. :grin: