Fall River Gathering Poll

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Which month is best for you:

October 2007
No votes
November 2007
13%
December 2007
13%
April 2008
No votes
May 2008
47%
Later in 2008
27%

Total votes: 15

Harry

Fall River Gathering Poll

Post by Harry »

For those interested in attending a gathering in Fall River in the near future please indicate the month that would be best for you.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
Richard

Post by Richard »

I cast my vote for November but in actuality, any time is good for me.
Fri-Sat would be perfect since that would enable me to only take off 1-2 days from work rather than 2-3.
A book shall be an axe for the frozen sea within us -- Franz Kafka
Richard

Post by Richard »

Perhaps a gathering could also include something like an informal lecture by one of our members and/or readings from the Hatchet.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Well, Fr-Sat is good because most people only would need to take the Friday as the travel-to day. Check in is at 4 p.m. and check out Sunday would be at 10 a.m. which would allow plenty of time to travel home for work on Monday. I , too voted for November, although the Fall River Historical Society is CLOSED, which is a major bummer because the exhibit there is excellent. My first choice is October, and I could get it all together that fast, but maybe November, which other than Thanksgiving at the end, is a pretty quiet time on the calendar.
Richard

Post by Richard »

What's great about this is that not only are we getting to see each other, keep in touch, and hang out at the house, but we're helping to support the house by giving them two full weekends per year. Every little bit helps.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Yes indeed it does help the house, Richard- and I know our support here at the Forum is much-appreciated by the staff and owners.

I started a new thread to keep all of the info in one place about the proposed gathering for November or whenever we decide to hold it. We do need to respond quickly so I can lock down the weekend for us for November or the other month of choice.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Please count me in for May.
A man ... wants to give his wife ... the interest in a little homestead where her sister lives. How wicked to have found fault with it. How petty to have found fault with it. (Hosea Knowlton in his closing argument.)
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

I should get a date on the books for May as soon as possible. I think Mother's Day is probably not good. Maybe the last weekend in May?
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Shelley @ Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:37 pm wrote:I think Mother's Day is probably not good. Maybe the last weekend in May?
I agree that Mother's Day is not good. The last weekend (or any other) sounds fine.
A man ... wants to give his wife ... the interest in a little homestead where her sister lives. How wicked to have found fault with it. How petty to have found fault with it. (Hosea Knowlton in his closing argument.)
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

May 16-17 or 23-24 are the two possibilities which avoid Mother's Day and memorial Day. Memorial Day weekend is the pits for driving. Should we make a poll for these two dates?
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Either is fine with me.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

May 23 and 24 have been put aside for a spring forum get together. How does this fit for everyone?
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Suits me.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Great news. I will be handling the bookings for the forum members for that weekend. At the moment, you have your first choice of rooms! You can send me a PM to tell me which one you want so I can get you registered.