Second Street Irregulars Photo Album Nov. 9, 2007

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Post by Kat »

That's a few Photoshop techniques.
Christopher knows the church my pic is from. Being not the driver, I noticed this detail the first time we went to Fairhaven. :smile:

You guys' cameras must be fantastic! The quality of pictures posted here is incredible! Makes me want to get up at 5 am and get a good deal at Best Buy on a new camera! Seriously!
Wow!

So about these *orbs*? . . .
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

The gargoyle is probably on the Unitarian church built by Rogers- the place looks like a mini- Canterbury Cathedral. I just got a Sony Cybershot-the pix at 200 dpi resolution are incredibly clear- the file size has to be reduced a lot though- like 2 x 3 inches. Most internet pix are at 72 dpi which is why they are not nearly so clear.
Don

The Brownell House In Fairhaven

Post by Don »

Don

Bob Shaw At The Bench

Post by Don »

Don

Shelly, Jeff, Leonard

Post by Don »

Don

Post by Don »

Don

Shelley Leaving Flowers At Eli Bence's Gravesite

Post by Don »

Don

Post by Don »

Kat

Post by Kat »

Thank you for the photos, Don!

And your avatar is cool! Is that your doll?
Don

Post by Don »

Hi Kat, Yes that is my doll, I do not collect dolls but when I saw it was up for auction on ebay I thought I would bid on it. This Lizzie doll was the first one made by a doll maker from Ohio. It is on loan at the Lizzie Borden House.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Don, thanks for the photos.

Bob, you look very official on the judge's bench. All you needed was a black robe and gavel!

Miss Borden, how do you plead? :grin:

Try not to laugh if she pleads "Not Guilty".
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Great pictures everyone!

I hadn't checked this thread recently, so I missed a lot of the Fairhaven shots. The big house with the columns was built by banker Ezekiel Sawin in 1840. It was later owned by whale oil and petroleum merchant Weston Howland. In 1920 the exterior was used for several scenes in "Down to the Sea in Ships," featuring Clara Bow in her first feature length film.

Kat's gargoyle is from the Unitarian Church.

I'm really amazed that my "tourists" remember so many details of the things they saw and heard about in town.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

Don, Your photos came out great!! I love the ones ov the Brownell house. It's when I see houses like this I wish I had tons of money to restore them. Thanks so much for sharing.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

We remember, Chris, because your tour was a great highlight of that weekend! I had no idea what a little jewel box of Victoriana and history Fairhaven is. And- when you observe someone in the process of doing what one truly LOVES- the enthusiasm is contagious. You made history come alive for us all and we thank you for that!

My goodness Don- my PETTICOAT is showing! Or as we used to say back home, "It's snowing down south". :peanut19:
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Here are a few from JoAnne who asked me to post for her. The shirts were quite a hit. The back says "The Game is Afoot".
And the faithful Muttoneater mascot keeping time on the Borden mantel- hours which went by all too fast.
Late Friday night we were all treated to a cellar tour by Len Rebello and took turns doing the "Lizzie Newport Chair" pose.