Fourth Annual Mutton Eaters Gathering 2010

Meet up, connect, make travel plans, and organize face-to-face get togethers in Fall River.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Shelley

Fourth Annual Mutton Eaters Gathering 2010

Post by Shelley »

April 16-18 2010 will mark the fourth annual gathering of the Second St. Irregulars Mutton Eaters.

As to itinerary, Friday we will be investigating the city of Taunton for our early adventure followed by our annual banquet Friday evening at White’s Restaurant Presidential Room. Saturday will bring a very indepth tour of Fall River, a visit to the Fall River Room at the library, city cemeteries, and a tour of Borden-related houses still standing in the city. Saturday night we will be having our usual Open House for LB Society members and the first Hyman Lubinsky Ice Cream Social with 1890’s music. There will be visits to our usual Victorian Venue of course. Also, we will have our “Call for Papers” and will hope several of you will again present research projects you will be doing over the Fall and Winter.
Naturally there are one or two surprises in store ! A plan is underway to reserve a block of rooms at the Hampton Inn in nearby Westport for the "spillover" as the house fills up very fast.
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Sounds great...maybe by then I can afford to go. It's been 9 years already since last time I was in Fall River. :shock: Time to go again!!
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Hey- if you can stand a little snoring you can bunk with me- 2 church secretaries- Emma would APPROVE! :peanut19:
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

I think then it would have to be a snoring contest. I think I'm undefeated. :grin:
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Yay! A Duet! I can snore alto-then we join in on the refrain. If there is any paranormal stuff in there we can frighten it right back "through the veil".
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Rooms at the house have filled but I am working with the nearby Hampton Inn for a good rate. I heard from a couple of the original Second St. Irregulars today who will be attending this time which should be fun.
spidis

Post by spidis »

Shelley, I would like to attend the 2010 gathering. Is anyone welcomed to attend? I'm a subscriber to this forum, but I'm not sure if I'm considered a "member" per se because I've never paid any dues, etc. Do I need to pay any dues (membership, etc) to the Second St. Irregulars in order to participate? Thanks, Jason
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Dues? No dues! Yes, any LB forum member is welcome to attend. We have an open house on Saturday night also for members who just want to meet but not do the whole weekend.

The next Saturday Open House will feature the Hyman Lubinsky Ice Cream Social with the centerpiece special cheesecake which gets wackier every year! (and you should meet the creators of this culinary masterpiece). :grin:

Email me about your requirements as I don't know where you live and there is nothing on your profile here. T.F. Green in Providence is the closest airport. If you are on the East Coast, the bus stops right around the corner from #92. If driving, I can give you directions. You will probably want to come in on Thursday as we blast off by 9:15 Friday morning and are on the go until the annual banquet on Friday night. Saturday is also full of excursions and experiments, and we may have to repeat the tea as it was soooo good last year. We do an awful lot of grazing.

And next year we will have Mutton Eater songbooks and we will attempt a few tunes of the era, and At Hame in My Ain Countrie. I hope LeeAnn has the parlor piano by then. A carefully kept secret is that our "Mr. Winward" and Mr. Rebello have superb voices, but don't tell them I told you. Feel free to wear period garb, capes and deerstalkers and all embarassing articles of clothing. We are shameless. We also drive around with large wooly sheep on the dash board and we may even have mutton broth for breakfast. No kidding! To receive the quarterly newsletter, drop me a line with your address. Revdma@aol.com
Angel

Post by Angel »

Shelley @ Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm wrote: We also drive around with large wooly sheep on the dash board Revdma@aol.com

My grandchildren have been coveting my wooly sheep in my car for two years now, but I have been selfishly guarding it with my life.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

My grandad had 2 sheep on the farm, named poncho and pasquali. I don't know if they were male or female or both. So I don't know if I ate mutton.

Grandad brought a stew over one night and he waited until we ate some of it before he told us we were eating either poncho and pasquali.

Pasquali was okay but I hated poncho, he used to ram me. later pasquali would try ramming me to but nothing like poncho did. I just sat there eating thinking it was Poncho and that I had the last laugh.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.