Students on Lizzie Borden

Discover or post articles and transcripts about Lizzie Borden.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Wordweaver

Students on Lizzie Borden

Post by Wordweaver »

From Sh!t My Students Write, a Tumblr that offers up gems from various student papers and tests.
She looks like a flower, but she stings like a bee, like every girl in history, She bangs! She bangs! An old Ricky Martin song, She Bangs, tells of the power that women have. In Lizzie Borden’s case however, she chops.
Good to see the younger generation is still interested in this classic case.
There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California. --Edward Abbey

http://unnaturalhistory.blogspot.com
1bigsteve

Re: Students on Lizzie Borden

Post by 1bigsteve »

I doubt the Borden case will ever die. A "who done it" with no appearant solution will always hold people's interest. People like "closure" and the Borden case doesn't provide that. So as a result there will always be those who will want to solve it, those who love a challenge.

-1bigsteve
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973
John Watson

Post by John Watson »

I thought it was solved! Lizzie killed her parents and got away with it. Case closed . . . except what did she do with the murder weapon . . . and how come no blood spatter found on her clothes or person . . . and what was her real motive . . . and when did Emma first know for certain that Lizzie did it, or did she go to her grave still believing in Lizzie's innocence . . . and did Lizzie really accuse Emma of giving her away . . . and did Jennings defend Lizzie while knowing or suspecting that she was guilty . . . and . . . well anyway, she did it and got off. End of story. P. S. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :grin:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:

Elementary my dear Watson.

That has been my contention on this forum for years. One which has always fallen on deaf ears.

There is no disputing it. Unless the maid was in on it, Lizzie Borden did not kill her parents. There was no blood on her and no weapon. Taking the maid's word on it, Lizzie Borden did not have the time to get rid of the bloody dress or the axe. (unless the maid helped, of course)

This does not mean she did not plan it and have someone else execute it. What I am saying is that Lizzie Borden did not do the murders.

DO THE MATH.

Jennings knew she was innocent of the actual killings. That's all he had to know to feel free of mind to defend her.

I also believe that there is no way that Emma did not know whether or not Lizzie killed her father and stepmother. Other than particulars and details, it is likely that Emma knew what went down.

Lizzie Borden did not kill her parents. End of story. MERRY NEW YEAR.
PattiG157

Post by PattiG157 »

mbhenty,

I am new to the forum but I happen to agree with you. I believe Lizzie is innocent, although I also believe that she may have either known the killer, or helped him. I just don't believe that she could've been free from any blood in so short a time before the police arrived.

Of course, my less than popular vote for the murderer goes to William Borden, the illegitimate son of Andrew Borden. No one agrees with me, but I still say this is who the killer is.

Any thoughts? :color:
Patti M. Garner
Henderson, KY
Darrowfan

Post by Darrowfan »

PattiG157 wrote:mbhenty,

I am new to the forum but I happen to agree with you. I believe Lizzie is innocent, although I also believe that she may have either known the killer, or helped him. I just don't believe that she could've been free from any blood in so short a time before the police arrived.

Of course, my less than popular vote for the murderer goes to William Borden, the illegitimate son of Andrew Borden. No one agrees with me, but I still say this is who the killer is.

Any thoughts? :color:

Well, Patti, I think that Lizzie herself, and no one else, committed the crime. The thing that saved her from conviction, I think, is that no one actually saw her do it. But the circumstantial evidence against her is overwhelming.

The fact that she was "free from any blood" use to bother me, too. But then you have to consider that Andrew and Abby were struck in the head, and there were no arteries struck, thus, there was very little "splatter". If Lizzie did get a little blood on her face or hands, she could have easily washed it off quickly.

As for the "Willie Borden" theory, I can't really get my mind around that. Apparently, there was a person in the general area named "William Borden", but that's about as far as I can go. There is no real evidence that he was Andrew's son, no real evidence that he was at the crime scene, and no real evidence that he felt any desire to kill the Bordens.

It's an interesting theory, but it just has too many holes, in my opinion.
"Fiat justitia ruat caelum"