Travel Channel

Discover or post articles and transcripts about Lizzie Borden.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

Re: Travel Channel

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:

I'm not sure whether Missouri still has the same automobile number plates, but on it it said "SHOW ME STATE."

I am saying that someone has made the very bold and presumptuous claim that they have solved the Borden case and I would like to see proof.

If you say to me, "I HAVE SOLVED THE BORDEN CASE," I would politely and courteously ask that you "SHOW ME".

Think about this...... I HAVE SOLVED THE BORDEN CASE.

The last person who told us that was Arnold Brown.

I know I can be very abrasive in my approach and at times sound very discourteous and impertinent. Believe me, I am not. I am just trying to question a stranger who has made some amazing claims. You can't come on here and spew all this information and not show us any evidence or corroborative certification to your claims

And please understand. I am not trying to cause any kind of trouble, but there are some questions I have and some events that ring dubious.

One of them is why would someone sell the container that held such vital information. If you find a box with the murder weapon you don't go sell the box. Which brings me to another question. 750 dollars is a lot of money. Sorry, but i would need to see proof. I have been following ebay almost once a week since it started in 1996 and go to the Lizzie Borden Cat. and don't remember a case selling for 750. If I am wrong than it is my character on the line, not the sellers.

I was told that:" BTW, the 84 yr. old man, from the Grein family, will be interviewed." One day later I am told that he dropped dead that day. And though there is an 84 year old man by that name in Tenn., I can't locate his Obit.

And what did the FBI verify? The age of the letters? The writers? These are not famous people we are talking about.

And even if these letters were written, all it proves is hearsay and gossip. To discover that BOWEN AND HILLIARD AND ABBY were all abused or abusing or in an orgy party.......what? Hillard?

After being let down by Brain Williams on NBC, all I can say is Show me.

:study:
Franz

Post by Franz »

It was more probably Lizzie, I always believed so.

And when she was seen by Lubinski, the real killer had (certainly) escaped from the Borden house, whoever he / she was.
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

You are wrong Franz.

It was not Lizzie.

It was Amanda Knox. :shock: :eek: :roll:

Do you think "pretty" Amanda did it? Kill that poor English girl?
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

I have to agree with MB because whatever is posted here has always been backed up by source documents or a credible source. If it is authenticated that would be great. However I get very skeptical with claims like this, so I have to also say Show Me.
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Wow, Mb, that is some challenge! Pistols at dawn?

I do believe that the projected show will be interesting and I'll be watching. As I'm a known sceptic about Andrew having been what seems one of the worst sexual predators of the 19th century, I may be watching with a prejudiced eye! I don't know necessarily whether the Borden case will be solved for all time. However, I await the programme with anticipation.
Franz

Post by Franz »

mbhenty wrote:You are wrong Franz.

It was not Lizzie.

It was Amanda Knox. :shock: :eek: :roll:

Do you think "pretty" Amanda did it? Kill that poor English girl?
:smile:

To be honest I didn't follow the Perugia case continuously. However, my feeling --- could I use this word saftely --- told me that she is more probably guilty.
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Yes, Franz, I'm afraid my feeling is the same. Not alone, though.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Not so Curryong.

It is not a pistol, just a simple request.

You say you can, and I say let's see.

Why would that make me a bad person. After all, if he can prove what he is posting on here it will be me with egg on my face not him. It is an honest, reasonable request. Show me. Have I not the right to ask without being denounced or condemned?

I have the right to believe or not believe. That does not make me a bad individual.

You must understand we are all strangers here. You may befriend someone on your computer, but it must be done with caution and some vigilance. To take something someone said for face value, knowing nothing about that person is just foolish behavior.

One thing I have discovered about this case is that not everyone is sincere.

But, I am profound when I say that if you make a claim it should be my right to challenge you. If I challenge you and you know you are right, what's the problem? If the truth will set you free then challenges should not be a problem.

I am searching for the truth. Just because a stranger says it's so doesn't make it true. And just because I don't believe it doesn't make me rude.

I know nothing about this person. Nothing at all....short of what he has claimed. It is the claim that I challenge not the person. If he tells the truth then what is the problem. Am I left with no alternative but to accept what someone tells me at face value as the truth?

Also please allow me to state that I too have been with this case for almost 45 years. If anything I am doing BoBo a favor by politely challenging his claims. Why, you may ask. Well, there is a small group of very knowledgeable and educated scholars in the Borden field. They have been talking. They all feel that his claim is unlikely and look upon it with misgivings and doubt. You probably would be surprised how many on this forum feel the same way.

If it was me making such claims, and I came to the forum to do it, you can bet I would be prepared to defend myself and welcome skepticism, suspicion, and well deserved dubiety.

As I said in the pass. I'm sorry if I make some feel uncomfortable. I don't set out to do so. And if I have made you uneasy I am sorry.

And if someone makes an irregular or murky claim that THEY HAVE SOLVED THE BORDEN CRIMES. I have the right to say:

.........Show me!
Franz

Post by Franz »

Curryong wrote:Yes, Franz, I'm afraid my feeling is the same. Not alone, though.
:smile:

I have some doubt, anyway. One is this: why, if Amanda and his Italian boyfriend Sollecito did kill Meredith, did they bring back the home of the boy the murder knife -- the police believed so -- and put it in the kitchen? I would have hiden it anywhere other than my own home.
Last edited by Franz on Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franz

Post by Franz »

mbhenty wrote:
I have the right to believe or not believe. That does not make me a bad individual. ...
In China you would be not only a bad individual, but even a criminal if you didn't believe something. :grin:
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Mb, the pistols at dawn thing was a weak joke. It doesn't make me uneasy or uncomfortable at all. Go for your life! BOBO/Tim, where are you? We need you to answer!
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Franz, I don't know the answer. Were they both/all drug-affected to an extent that made them careless? Like you, I haven't made a strong enough study of the case to give a definite opinion. It was a dreadful murder though, wasn't it, and it hasn't turned out well for anyone connected with it.

I'm sorry that the totalitarian regime in China hasn't improved with regard to the allowing its citizens to make up their own minds.

Have you ever heard of the saying 'A lie can travel round half the world before truth gets its boots on' ?
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

That's an easy one Curryong. Mark Twain said that.

Love Twain.

In my early book collecting days I use to collect Mark Twain 1st editions.

Sold most of them.

Still have one or two on my shelf.

Very cynical character, Twain was.

Very much like me.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

I have three Twain first editions somewhere.

I know, I know, show me. (Half of my library is in boxes stored in the attic)

Well, I know where one is.

The second book from the left is Twain's American Claiment, first edition.

The two blue books to its right is Joshua Slocum's Sailing around the World. One is a first edition and the other is a 5th edition signed by Slocum at Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts.

You can make out the Lizzie plate way off to the right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Franz:

I understand about China. I was coached by my father as a lad about such matters.

He lived under a dictatorial regime in early 20the century Portugal where Antonio Salazar was prime minister for 36 years. Very much like the position of Benito Mussoline, but not as vicious

So I was constantly preached to about not believing what the government tells you.

And being an immigrant here in the States, he was very untrusting of people he did not know.

Much of that has rubbed off on me, and for good measure.

:study:
Last edited by mbhenty on Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Franz:

A study of the artist Weiwei is a good example of what you can, and can not believe in China.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Of course, being on a fixed income, buy expensive books like the ones above is out of the question now.

So I had to find a new field to collect.

I did so in collecting children's adventure mini books from the 30s and 40s. They are 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches, called the Big Little Books, or the Better Little Books. Books can be had for 8 to 50 dollars in very good condition. These are books I never had as a child. Now I am making up for lost time and filling my bucket list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Please understand that I mean no disrespect whatsoever toward BOBO and his beliefs, nor the Grein family and their beliefs, in regards to my following thoughts:

The thing that I just can’t get past is that Sarah Welch worked for the Bordens, 13 years. Mary Grein worked for the Bordens 7 years, and Bridget worked for them 3 years. If these women were being sexually abused by Andrew, then WHY in the world would they have stayed the number of years they did???

Granted, it is a possibility that jobs were not plentiful, but come on, Sarah couldn’t find another servant/domestic job in 13 years? Mary couldn’t find another servant/domestic job in 7 years? I just find this hard to believe. Furthermore, we know that Bridget tried to leave a couple of times, but Abby talked her into staying. As far as I know there wasn’t a reason given as to why she wanted to leave. If in fact Bridget wanted to leave because Andrew was sexually abusing her, then I highly doubt any amount of talk coming from Abby, or pay raise, would have stopped her from leaving.

If the employments dates I was given are correct; Mary left the Bordens in 1885, which means she waited 7 years after she left, before she killed Abby and Andrew. Why? Because Andrew was sexually abusing her and the other servants. This makes no sense to me.

In order for me to believe that Mary Grein killed the Bordens, I’m afraid I also need more than the partial tidbits of information we have been given so far.

However, I am looking forward to seeing what the Travel Channel presents us with. I think it will be an interesting documentary.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

You and I have asked these sorts of questions before on the Forum haven't we twins, about the dates of employment and why these supposedly dreadfully abused women stayed with the Borden family for years and years.

So far nobody has really given a satisfactory answer, that is an answer that would satisfy me. Sure, I have never been abused, thank God, and therefore I suppose I can't really understand why someone wouldn't go to the authorities, and if one official wouldn't listen, find another who could.

I know you're very busy at the moment Tim, but if you could spare us a half an hour to answer some of these queries put forward by Mb and others, including me, it would be great.

This forum is a primary research tool for students of the Borden case, Tim, and we just need some proof about these orgies, rapes, incest and other matters raised in the Grein letters.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Yes, Curry, you and I have asked Tim/BOBO to post the employment dates of Sarah Welsh and Mary Grein, but, so far, he has not provided us with this information on the forum.

I was abused as a child by a family member. Being a child, I kept my mouth shut, because I was afraid. There is a huge difference between being abused as a child by a family member, and being abused as an adult by your employer. If I were sexually abused by my employer, I would report his behind in a heart beat. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that Mary Grein killed two people because she had been abused by one of them 7 years previously.
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

I have contacted The Travel Channel.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

I have one last point to make on this subject.

Whether there are letters or not, I can not confirm one way or the other.

But, I will say this.

Tim Boyd says he writes for James Gregory, opens for him etc.

I wrote to James Gregory.

His manager wrote back and stated that James Gregory writes his own jokes and that they never heard of anyone named Tim Boyd.

Tim Boyd known as BOBO is not a real person.

Poster beware.
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

Thanks for doing that, Anthony. Hope they contact you soon with an answer.
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

mbhenty wrote: I wrote to James Gregory.

His manager wrote back and stated that James Gregory writes his own jokes and that they never heard of anyone named Tim Boyd.

Tim Boyd known as BOBO is not a real person.

Poster beware.
ruh roh
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

ruh roh is one way to put it. Thanks for doing that research MB. I had a funny feeling, it all sounded too convenient. Why do people bother to do this type of stuff is beyond me. Hopefully someone will 'fess up to trying to fool the real scholars of this case.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Thanks to both Anthony and MB for the actions they have taken. (I hope The Travel Channel responds to your e-mail, Anthony; I'm looking forward to what they have to say.) Kudos to both of you.

By doubting we are led to question, by questioning we arrive at the truth ~ Peter Abelard.

I have been suspicious of BOBO's claim of what he does for a living for quite some time now. So, out of curiosity, I checked James Gregory’s web site, several months ago, and found nothing regarding a writer for his material. Here is what is on James’ web site (Underlining is mine):

Gregory’s success, like his comedy, is the direct result of the values he grew up with. And now, twenty something years later, it is this unique brand of humor that packs the crowds into his sold-out shows. The absence of vulgarity sets James apart and his stories are carefully crafted art. “I have lived long enough to know people, know life”, Gregory reflects. “My comedy is based on my life experiences. It’s real, it’s funny and the audience loves it. That’s why I’m still in business.”

http://tinyurl.com/p8348qc

I also found David Carroll’s interview of James Gregory during my research (David Carroll is a longtime Chattanooga radio and TV broadcaster):

How do you write your jokes? (He takes my pen, and yellow legal pad) If you told me right now that I had to write a joke, and checked back with me in five hours, this yellow paper would still be blank. I can’t write a joke. I admire people who can write jokes, and especially the ones who can write funny TV shows.

So if you don’t write jokes, where does your material come from? Just everyday life. I’m just me, it’s the way I talk, it’s the way I look. I can get laughs with my eyes, and my reactions. I get stories in odd places. I was out getting the mail, and my neighbor was talking about his crazy uncle who was scared of those modern calculators. “They don’t have wires, they’re not connected to anything!” He was convinced it was some evil object. The next time I was on the radio, I just started in on that story. I changed things around a little, and I made it my uncle, and it turned out funny. That’s how stories like that get in my act. Sometimes on stage, I’ll just think of something funny, and see where it goes from there.

http://tinyurl.com/l4p3ada
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

If you read the stuff BOBO writes you soon come to the conclusion that there is not a funny bone in his body. Someone who writes comedy would be cracking jokes every once in a while. As a matter of fact he could be down right mean. For example, this post:

Postby BOBO » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:49 pm

After 8 yrs. of dealing with the Grien family, they have finally realized just what they have. I have nurtured and spooned fed this family when they didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. Now I am being sued for release of personal information that they said was confidential.
I have over 1100 pages of emails, postal mails, etc. that I have from this family. My attorney says these are mine to do with as I see fit.

I am a easy going fellow, but I'll be damned if I spent 45 yrs. on this case to be black mailed by people that will die in their ignorance.

THESE PAGES WILL BE RELEASED... DAMN THE BOOK! Tim Boyd
Tell the truth, then you don't have to remember anything.... Mark Twain

He comes across down right arrogant and pretentious and pompous. He makes it sound like the Grein family was a bunch of nobodies and if not for him they would have nothing. "Pot to piss in or window to throw it out of." Who says such a thing.

The strange thing is is signature line at the bottom of all his posts. "Tell the truth, then you don't have to remember anything." Perhaps that was a hint.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I have been thinking the exact same thing, MB!

If you think about it, the only thing he has posted that was funny is his thread titled, CRANKIN HANK....

http://tinyurl.com/ln2fe65
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Twins:

You know, in the end I really did hope this guy was real, that he would redeem himself, but as of yet, he has not, and he won't.

Though it did stimulate much conversation, Tim Boyd or BOBO was a total waste of everyone's time, not to mention obstructive and injurious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A smearer of people's dignity and worthy respect for distorted pleasure.

Shame on you, who ever you are to take good people's regard and self respect and treat members on this forum like play things for your perverse and deviant entertainment.

Shame on you.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

mbhenty wrote:If you read the stuff BOBO writes you soon come to the conclusion that there is not a funny bone in his body. Someone who writes comedy would be cracking jokes every once in a while. As a matter of fact he could be down right mean. For example, this post:

Postby BOBO » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:49 pm

After 8 yrs. of dealing with the Grien family, they have finally realized just what they have. I have nurtured and spooned fed this family when they didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. Now I am being sued for release of personal information that they said was confidential.
I have over 1100 pages of emails, postal mails, etc. that I have from this family. My attorney says these are mine to do with as I see fit.

I am a easy going fellow, but I'll be damned if I spent 45 yrs. on this case to be black mailed by people that will die in their ignorance.

THESE PAGES WILL BE RELEASED... DAMN THE BOOK! Tim Boyd
Tell the truth, then you don't have to remember anything.... Mark Twain

He comes across down right arrogant and pretentious and pompous. He makes it sound like the Grein family was a bunch of nobodies and if not for him they would have nothing. "Pot to piss in or window to throw it out of." Who says such a thing.

The strange thing is is signature line at the bottom of all his posts. "Tell the truth, then you don't have to remember anything." Perhaps that was a hint.

I am TERRIBLE at punctuation... Just awful. But his manner of speaking, grammar and spelling (which can't be all typos) do not suggest he is any kind of writer. Spooned fed? Adiose? People 'that' will (who)?

Comedy writer? Someone who chided us, like naughty children for going off topic? Please.
Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

twinsrwe wrote:Thanks to both Anthony and MB for the actions they have taken. (I hope The Travel Channel responds to your e-mail, Anthony; I'm looking forward to what they have to say.) Kudos to both of you.

By doubting we are led to question, by questioning we arrive at the truth ~ Peter Abelard.

I have been suspicious of BOBO's claim of what he does for a living for quite some time now. So, out of curiosity, I checked James Gregory’s web site, several months ago, and found nothing regarding a writer for his material. Here is what is on James’ web site (Underlining is mine):

Gregory’s success, like his comedy, is the direct result of the values he grew up with. And now, twenty something years later, it is this unique brand of humor that packs the crowds into his sold-out shows. The absence of vulgarity sets James apart and his stories are carefully crafted art. “I have lived long enough to know people, know life”, Gregory reflects. “My comedy is based on my life experiences. It’s real, it’s funny and the audience loves it. That’s why I’m still in business.”

http://tinyurl.com/p8348qc

I also found David Carroll’s interview of James Gregory during my research (David Carroll is a longtime Chattanooga radio and TV broadcaster):

How do you write your jokes? (He takes my pen, and yellow legal pad) If you told me right now that I had to write a joke, and checked back with me in five hours, this yellow paper would still be blank. I can’t write a joke. I admire people who can write jokes, and especially the ones who can write funny TV shows.

So if you don’t write jokes, where does your material come from? Just everyday life. I’m just me, it’s the way I talk, it’s the way I look. I can get laughs with my eyes, and my reactions. I get stories in odd places. I was out getting the mail, and my neighbor was talking about his crazy uncle who was scared of those modern calculators. “They don’t have wires, they’re not connected to anything!” He was convinced it was some evil object. The next time I was on the radio, I just started in on that story. I changed things around a little, and I made it my uncle, and it turned out funny. That’s how stories like that get in my act. Sometimes on stage, I’ll just think of something funny, and see where it goes from there.

http://tinyurl.com/l4p3ada

I am still waiting! My email is from my provider and I have to log in to the net to check my spam mail box. It won't even download it into Outlook. I am checking it when I get up and before bed and unfortunately, nothing so far. I will try again with some other format if I don't hear soon.
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

mbhenty wrote: I was told that:" BTW, the 84 yr. old man, from the Grein family, will be interviewed." One day later I am told that he dropped dead that day. And though there is an 84 year old man by that name in Tenn., I can't locate his Obit.
DeRossett's wife Anna was buried out of the Vaughn Funeral Home in Spring City in 2006, but there's no obit for Dallas Eugene, age 84, on the site or in the local newspaper.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

mbhenty wrote:Yes Twins:

You know, in the end I really did hope this guy was real, that he would redeem himself, but as of yet, he has not, and he won't.

Though it did stimulate much conversation, Tim Boyd or BOBO was a total waste of everyone's time, not to mention obstructive and injurious.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A smearer of people's dignity and worthy respect for distorted pleasure.

Shame on you, who ever you are to take good people's regard and self respect and treat members on this forum like play things for your perverse and deviant entertainment.

Shame on you.
Most of us took it with a grain of salt... :smile: ...wondering more about motivation than the reality of his claims. I am not, however, ready or able to attribute motivation. I have often wondered how much of his story that he actually believed. So let's be gentle until we know for sure what his intention was.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

I thought for quite awhile that Tim was actually FactFlouncer reincarnated. And I knew from the very first that he was more interested in seeking attention than in sharing information. No one repeatedly announces that he is 'quitting' a forum only to hang around while everyone begs him not to go. He also threatened to quit when Harry died, but the dates didn't match up that he would've been on the forum at the time Harry could've provided a lot of mentoring (as per his claim) unless he had a previous identity.

The nature of the human beast is to shout new discovery from the rooftops, to provide proof and more proof, to tell anyone and everyone who will listen ALL about it!!! Sometimes ad nauseum...as opposed to spoon-feeding for attention. Plus most of us don't end up martyred on the Altar of Saint Lizbeth, bankrupt and beaten down.

We are what we repeatedly do (Aristotle) and when we lie, we pretend to be what we wish we were. Until we need a trapdoor to effect our escape. I know you are reading this BOBO...you are incapable of not reading it. So I'll take this moment to urge you to seek out someone, preferably a clinical psychologist, for help in determining what parts of your life send you in search of ill-gotten attention. What drives your need to be someone you are not. And then to develop planful skills for gaining attention in ways that are genuine and meaningful within the framework of a life that is real. Moreover I hope you can understand that the only person you were truly fooling (yes, BOBO is fool in Spanish) was yourself.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to chat. I bear no grudge and wish you well...but I speak only for myself.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Aamartin

Post by Aamartin »

When someone threatens to leave the forum I really have to make an effort not to tell them 'good riddance'. I suppose in a fit of pique someone, even myself might make such a wild statement and click submit-- but I would apologize after simmering down!
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

One of the reasons I like this forum is because when people would bring up a topic they would always back it with facts. Even if something printed in a book was in question there are trusted sources that you could research. If there were still questions a lot of us would go into research mode & continue until we found answers or be honest & say we're just not sure but this is what we found.
I'm always skeptical of wild claims. I'm glad that the challenge is out and just bring us the proof. If this was just for attention, don't bother because there are enough people here that will research what your claiming. Harry was a great person on this forum. When I began this journey he answered so many of my questions with such patience. To me, he was someone special. His work along with Kat & Stefani Koorey to put together the source documents so they are accessible in book form is priceless. Many people such as Len Rebello & the book Lizzie Borden Past & Present, Shelley Dziedzic and her guide & history of Oak Grove cemetery, the Fall River Historical Society and all their research & publications, Mr. Ed Thibeault and his publication, and many many more that have kept me reading & researching.

If I didn't work 12 hour shifts, I would probably be found reading more and being on this forum more. Unfortunately there are only 24 hours in a day. I always wondered how much more could I read if I didn't have to sleep. Someday when I retire, you'll find me on my back deck with a book in one hand and a coffee in the other.
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

I had doubts for a long time that Tim was telling us the truth, mainly because the dates he gave in PM's didn't stack up. He also refused to post anything worthwhile on this forum from his supposedly large hoard of Grein memorabilia. I also begged him in a PM to take the letters to the FRHS so they could take a look at them.

I still find it difficult to comprehend that Tim was such a liar as he seemingly has turned out to be in his identity, his elaborate stories about his negotiations with this family who apparently don't exist. I just find it sad. What was he going to do when November came? Make a convoluted excuse when no programme appeared, a quick getaway from the forum, incommunicado, as he is now ?

I also feel annoyed with him. I've always felt that we were and are all Internet friends who exchange bits and pieces about our lives. However, this forum is also devoted to trying to solve a century-old mystery. People come here to read and research as well as exchange views. The fact that we've all been fed a load of bull-dust in this way makes his behaviour just despicable, really.
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

mbhenty wrote:Of course, being on a fixed income, buy expensive books like the ones above is out of the question now.

So I had to find a new field to collect.

I did so in collecting children's adventure mini books from the 30s and 40s. They are 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches, called the Big Little Books, or the Better Little Books. Books can be had for 8 to 50 dollars in very good condition. These are books I never had as a child. Now I am making up for lost time and filling my bucket list.
I, too, am a collector...of didactic quotes and profane humor.

“Men (and women) do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

“People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public.”
― Bryan White

“I believe that everyone else my age is an adult whereas I am merely in disguise.”
― Margaret Atwood
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

Franz

Post by Franz »

The first time some doubt came into my mind was when I read something like: "...several other names are listed in Mary Greins letters as to sexual abuse there... Bowen, Morse, Dowen, Hillard, AND a lady named ABBY!!" (BOBO).

Well, let's wait the program of the Travel Channel.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »