Says He Killed the Bordens

Discover or post articles and transcripts about Lizzie Borden.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

patsy

Says He Killed the Bordens

Post by patsy »

lizzie confession.jpg
Does anyone remember reading about this confession. This was a short piece about a confession found in a bottle floating in the Kalamazoo River It was in the Chicago Tribune dated August 24th of 1893. I searched the forum to see if it has been mentioned, although I would suppose it's probably one of many false confessions or hoaxes that may have come forth back then.

I've read about the case for years and for some reason never came across this little tidbit. Or I may have Oldtimers and have forgotten about this story. Anyway just thought I'd mention it and hope I did the attachment right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MysteryReader

Re: Says He Killed the Bordens

Post by MysteryReader »

Interesting. I wish they had printed the whole letter. I've never heard of it but I'm new to researching.
patsy

Post by patsy »

I tried to find more but with no luck. I didn't check this forum's archives yet and they have almost everything worth mentioning.
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Thanks, Patsy. I'll have to look through the forum. I shouldn't be surprised that others "confessed" to such a crime- people do it nowadays, too.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I did a search through the forum, as well as the internet, but found nothing. :sad: I will also keep looking...
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
robbchadwick

Post by robbchadwick »

The letter says " Mr and Mrs Borden of New Bedford". I would say that's a powerful indicator that this is a false confession since the writer confesses to a murder in a different city from Fall River.
Robb Chadwick
Nashville TN
Curryong

Post by Curryong »

I've never seen it either, though it's been a couple of months since I've been through the very early threads on the forum. The murders were such a talking point for years among people all over the US that it's not surprising really, that all sorts of confessions to them were found.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I agree, robbchadwick. Good catch!
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
patsy

Post by patsy »

Yes, good catch, robbchadwick.

I've looked around and found nothing else about this confession. I agree, Curryong, that there were probably of lot of confessions regarding the murders.
bipedalist

Post by bipedalist »

As with every other potential suspect, there is always a motive to kill Andrew Borden. There is never a motive to kill Abby, then wait an hour or whatever and kill Andrew. Lizzie or Morse are the only two possibilities but I think the murder itself is more of how a woman would kill than a man -- it's personal. Wouldn't a man just shoot them? Strangle them? Stab them? Women, though, aren't common murderers and don't have the same strength. Chopping at someone's head, especially two people you hate, points to Lizzie all the way.