Two (more) authors think Morse did it

Discover or post articles and transcripts about Lizzie Borden.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Franz

Two (more) authors think Morse did it

Post by Franz »

"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
Franz

Re: Two (more) authors think Morse did it

Post by Franz »

Sorry. I didn't know that Mysteryreader had posted this link in "Stay to Tea".
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Hey Franz,

No problem! I didn't know where to post it. I have been reading about Lizzie for several hours now. I need to find a trustworthy timeline of the events that happened that morning.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I read the Herald News article, which is really only the thoughts, beliefs and speculations on the part of Rich Little. One can only assume that his fellow author, Beverly Folstad, is in agreement with everything that Mr. Little stated in this article.

There is a thread on the forum titled, Intro and New Book, which is about the book, Cold Case to Case Closed, Lizbeth Borden, My Story. I think it would be well worth your time to read mbhenty’s review of this book. Very interesting. Here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/ogxtc3a
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Ok, Mystery, lets try and put something together here.

I don't know how trustworthy it is, but it should be very close. May be off by a couple of minutes or so. Some of the timelines overlap, while different people were experiencing their day.

I will type as fast as I can. (Did you know that I beat 3 other guys out for a job because I was the fastest typist. The job was in a typing pool in Boston. It was just Me and 100 other gals. Though I was fast, I was still the slowest typist and made the most mistakes. But I was a guy in a woman's position and they could not get rid of me. Funny, huh?)

No spell check on this one.

Off the cuff…

Lets see…

To me the clock starts ticking on August 2nd. The Bordens had swordfish for supper or dinner or lunch, depending on what people call it. That night they got sick.

On August 3rd, the next day, Abby goes to see Bowen and complain that someone was poisoning her. Bowen goes over to see the family but Andrew refuses his services.

Sometime that morning Lizzie is accused by Eli Bence of trying to purchase prussic acid at Smith’s Pharmacy where he worked.

Sometime between 1 and 2 p.m. Morse arrives at the Borden house, leaving once again sometime late that day to go to Borden’s farm in Swansea. He returns sometime before 9 p.m. where he, Andrew and Abby sit talking in the sitting room. If I’m not mistaken, they had a window open, it was hot, and Lizzie was listening to what they were talking about. At least this is what some think, perhaps giving Lizzie a reason to murder.

Oh yes, that was also the night Lizzie went over to visit Alice and gave her the story that someone was going to burn the house down and were poisoning the milk. I think she visited her in the evening, about the same time Morse returned from Swansea. Because she got home after Morse did. 9ish?

Then there is Aughust 4th:

Around 6 o’clock Bridget gets up and goes down stairs to start her kitchen duties.

About the same time Morse goes down to the sitting room.

He is shortly followed by Abby, who gives Bridget her morning meal instructions. Again, around 6:30 a.m.

At about 6:45 Andrew comes down. He goes outside to empty the sloop pail. I think he goes into the barn for something. I would have to look it up.

Bridget sets the table with food around 7 and Borden, Abby, and Morse eat.

After breakfast, around 8 or 8:30, Morse and Andrew go into the sitting room to talk, while Abby starts some of her dusting.

Mores leaves the house just before or around 9 a.m. to visit the post office and his niece and nephew, the Emery’s at Weybosset Street. (I knew a guy named Emery who killed his wife. Hmmm?)

Around the same time Andrew goes upstairs and Bridget is instructed to wash the windows by Abby. This is about the same time Lizzie comes down stairs, around 8:40 to 9:00 a.m. and Bridget goes outside to throw up, and Andrew himself leaves the house.

Sometime between 9:00 and 9:30, Bridget prepares to wash windows.

Sometime around 9:30 Borden is seen at his bank. (Union Savings Bank)

Around the same time Morse arrives at Weybosset Street.

Around 10:00, or just before, Andrew is spotted by witnesses at the National Bank. (I think the First National Bank, it was called)

At the same time Bridget washes the windows and talks to Doctor Kelly’s maid along the South side of the property.

This was also about the same time that Abby was killed, somewhere around 9:45 or 10:00 a.m.

Shortly after 10:00 Mrs Churchill sees Bridget washing windows on the North side.

At 10:30, Johnathan Clegg saw Borden heading for home. I think he was going to rent a store owned by Borden. This is where Borden picks up an old lock or something. I think Clegg said the time was 10:29, that he saw it on the City Hall clock.

Around the same time, perhaps a couple of minutes later, Borden is seen heading home by Southard Miller and a couple of other people, who’s names if forget.

He’s also seen by Mr. Shortsleeves and Mr. Mather at a store where they were working. (I always wanted to write a play called Shortsleeves and Mather. Hmmm?)

Around 10:40 he was seen trying to get into the house by Doctor Kelley’s wife. Has trouble with his key and Bridget lets him in the front door.

This was the same time Bridget heard Lizzie laughing upstairs. (spooky, huh? With Abby dead up there)

Sometime between 10:40 and 10:55 Bridget sees Lizzie talking to her father in the dinning room. Around the same time Lizzie sets up for ironing while Bridget is just finishing up washing windows.

This is the time when Lizzie tells Bridget about the material sale at Sargents Store and about the sick note Abby received.

Sometime just before 11:00 a.m. Bridget goes up to her room to rest. She hears the clock sound at the City Hall. About the same time Hyman Lubinsky, the ice cream vendor rides by the house. (he was out of pistachio)

Around this time Andrew Borden is killed, between 10:50 and 11:10. (20 minute time span, approx.)

Around 11:10 Lizzie yells out for Bridget to come down that someone had killed Father.

Bridget comes down and immediately sent to get Bowen.

She returns right away, since Bowen was not home, and is sent to get Alice Russell. Now its between 11:10 and 11:15.

At the same time Lizzie tells Mrs. Churchill to come over that Someone has killed Father.

At 11:15 Hilliard gets a call (Marshal Hilliard) that there’s something going on at the Borden residence. He sends Officer Allen.

About 5 or 10 minutes later Bowen arrives. 11:15 or 11:20

At the same time Morse is leaving the Emery’s house on Weybosset Street.

About 11: 40 or 45 Morse arrives at the Borden house. He talks to Sawyer guarding the side door after visiting the pear tree.

The rest is just a blur. You must understand, this was a tragedy. Please someone, fan me. No you don’t need to unbutton my pants, I’m not faint….

Well, you know the rest of it.

Phew!

I'm going to bed... :sleeping: :sleeping: :peanut10: :upside:

OH, BY THE WAY. HERE'S ONE OF MY DREAMS... :axeman:
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Thank you, MB! I dug out my Parallel Lives to read. This helps a lot. And a male typist, eh? :smile: I hear they are rare. :razz:
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Coffee? Do you make coffee, MB??? :smiliecolors:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*
Even Paranoids Have Enemies

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear."
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Hey Deb:

I'm a tea sipper. Have been ever since the 70s when I was engaged to a British Lass.

Another habit that I picked up when in GB, and still practice, is drinking warm beer. Another is what the British call "Tea" or "Evening Tea" Tea, which refers to the meal not the drink. So, overnight we would have "Tea", which included, of course, tea and a biscuit, pastry, or a light sandwich, etc. Everything stopped when it was time for tea. This Yank loved it there. Linda and I did not work out. I wasn't ready. To bad. In reflection, she was a sweet gal. Alas, the choices we make we must live with. And who knows if it would have been any better or worst.

The timeline I gave above may be off a little. I do have it written down somewhere, but the account above is close enough for casual conversation, that is to say, if memory serves me well, it is all correct.

:study:
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

At our house coffee is an art...one that I haven't yet mastered in 40 years. Meaning my husband drinks it and he makes it.

As for choices, many of them are not so much better or worse as merely different. But once in awhile there's a real game changer mixed in there!!! :smiliecolors:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yep! Men and their coffee....

I have one friend who subscribes to the "art" concept in coffee.

He feels that once you add milk or sugar you have spoiled it. And unless it causes 3 degree burns to you tongue, it is just to cold.

Takes a village, I suppose.

To me its milk and sugar and plenty of it. And I usually test it on my wrist to see if it's to hot, though I don't place it in the bottle, anymore. I don't like the taste of the rubber nipple.

You are right Deb! Isn't it marvelous when we go off topic.
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

MB,

I'm a tea drinker, too. Someone mentioned to me years ago that I must be English because I drink tea all the time. :lol: I used to prefer it with sugar and milk in it, then with just sugar. I'm trying to get away from so much sugar so I try not to add it to my tea, but alas, that is a fail! I have found the only time I don't add sugar and don't mind the strong taste, is when I have too many jellybeans! :grin:

Coffee- eh... I drink it every once in awhile but not often. Yeah, I think the rubber would distort the taste some. :razz:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

I just read the Herald News article on Rich Little's book.

Nowhere does it mention that it is a novel. Though on the cover of the book it describes it as "A Historical Novel".
Last edited by mbhenty on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Ok, here is something else that is mentioned in Little's book.
Last edited by mbhenty on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franz

Post by Franz »

mbhenty wrote:I just read the Herald News article on Rich Little's book.

Nowhere does it mention that it is a novel. Though on the cover of the book it describes it as "A Historical Novel"...
Wow!
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

[quote="mbhenty"]Ok, here is something else that is mentioned in Little's book. You tell me if you believe it.

"As soon as Uncle John entered the guest bedroom, Abby began a tirade the likes of which Morse had never experienced. Mrs. Borden accused Morse of stealing part of her husband's fortune, trying to alienate his daughters and carrying on with Bridget. (having sex with her) Morse could take it no more. —he removed the cleaver from its sheath and struck Abby one blow in the center of her head. The enraged Morse unrolled his butchers's apron and covered his torso from chest to toe.

He then explains to the maid that he had to kill Abby. Bridget opens the front door and lets Morse out.

I have to hand it to Bridget Sullivan. She went to her grave with propriety, dignity and self-worth, having nothing to say about her sentiments or opinion about who committed the crime. She held her tongue. It was no one's business, and spilling your views on the matter would have done nothing to help the dead....it was not anyone's business. Today she would be all over the papers, TV, talk shows, etc.

No, I don't believe that Uncle John did it. Since he didn't travel with anything, not even a toothbrush, where would he have carried/stashed his butcher's apron and meat cleaver? :roll:

I would love to know if Bridget kept diaries and what happened to the major players AFTER the trial. Not much, if anything is discussed about Bridget, the doctors, and a few others. :puppydogeyes:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Mystery:

That is because it was another time. People did not air their dirty laundry. People did not like to be considered connected to such repulsive and appalling crimes. Crime was a shameful thing.

While growing up in fall river I, along with many others my age, were always coached not to talk about such offensive topics as the Borden murder, and when we brought it up, we were told that it was not civil talk.

Also, people had a sense of privacy, unofficial confidentiality. Some things were meant to be discreet and communicative only to very close friends or family...if at all.
Last edited by mbhenty on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Let's speak about Uncle Morse being a butcher.

Much is made about this.... too much.

We don't know how long he worked as a butcher.

But did you know I was a plumber, that I was a carpenter, that I was a mechanic.

Well, these are things and jobs I had in life. If I ever killed someone with a pipe wrench it does not mean I was a plumber.

John Morse was a farmer. Most farmers were butchers. Someone slaughtered the animals on the farm, and unlike today, the farmer would have done it himself. If you raised animals in the 1800s, then, you were a butcher.

John Morse was not a butcher. He worked as a butcher. But this was not his formal title. He dabbled in many professions, one being selling horses. It does not make him a horseman. Again, a typical trade linked with farmers. It was an occupational necessity.

mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Allow me to add that I don't like sounding so negative about a new book.

I know, I know, "you could have sure fooled me."

But writers of non-fiction must be held to a higher standard than the average enthusiast, reader, or member on this forum. Writing a book on a topic and claiming understanding and acute insight into a subject should come with some responsibility.

Last edited by mbhenty on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

mbhenty wrote:... Which brings me to Facebook, the most self centered, vain, self-obsorbed, narcissistic, and self-seeking medium ever invented. ...
These are just some of the reason I am not on Facebook!
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Interesting post, MB. Thank you for posting this information regarding what Uncle John did for a living.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Twins':

Morse was a butcher for 2 years, when he was 20. He worked on the Davis meat business in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. Shortly after that he moved out west. Probably at the age 22, leaving his Butchery profession behind. The Borden murders happened, like, 37 years later.

By the time he was 24 or so, he was farming in Illinois, and eventually ended up in Hastings, where he was a farmer of horses and cattle. Thus butchering would have been something he probably did often. But it does not make him a butcher. Writers like to refer to him as a "butcher" when they try and make the case for his guilt.

But as better brains know, John Morse was a farmer.
Franz

Post by Franz »

twinsrwe wrote:
mbhenty wrote:... Which brings me to Facebook, the most self centered, vain, self-obsorbed, narcissistic, and self-seeking medium ever invented. ...
These are just some of the reason I am not on Facebook!
Ahahah, my dear friends. I think FB can offer us diverse possibilities, and it's always yourself to decide what to post.

(BTW, I have just posted two nude pictures of me on my FB wall, LOL. :grin: )
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

mbhenty wrote:Yes Twins':

Morse was a butcher for 2 years, when he was 20. He worked on the Davis meat business in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. Shortly after that he moved out west. Probably at the age 22, leaving his Butchery profession behind. The Borden murders happened, like, 37 years later.

By the time he was 24 or so, he was farming in Illinois, and eventually ended up in Hastings, where he was a farmer of horses and cattle. Thus butchering would have been something he probably did often. But it does not make him a butcher. Writers like to refer to him as a "butcher" when they try and make the case for his guilt.

But as better brains know, John Morse was a farmer.
Thank you, MB! This is the best information I have seen regarding John Morse's life. :grin:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Franz:

I believe that Farcebook has its benefits.

Though I would never, ever join, that is to say, as a person, I would as a business.

If you have a business it is vital to be on Facebook. It's just a matter of good business sense. To many people on there to be ignored.

But to place photos of your grandchildren, infant sons and daughters, etc. Scary stuff. I would Never...
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Thanks Twins:

Yes, what I find puzzling is that John Morse was not used in the Elizabeth Montgomery's movie or the Ricci flicks.

He is such a mysterious, suspicious, and somewhat unsavory character. He is custom made for fiction. So much could be written around Old John.

If we can agree on anything its that Morse is an enigmatic and queer individual. I took advantage of him in my book. He was a fun character to invent.

His odd behavior before and after the crime lends him to fabrication and typecasting.

No serious discussion about the Borden murders can be made without giving John Vinnicum Morse his dues.

Franz

Post by Franz »

mbhenty wrote:... Yes, what I find puzzling is that John Morse was not used in the Elizabeth Montgomery's movie or the Ricci flicks....
In the both films Lizzie was interpreted as guilty, right?

I have some idea about why the filmmakers decided to eliminate a character so crucial as Morse from the plot.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

mbhenty wrote:Thanks Twins:

Yes, what I find puzzling is that John Morse was not used in the Elizabeth Montgomery's movie or the Ricci flicks.

He is such a mysterious, suspicious, and somewhat unsavory character. He is custom made for fiction. So much could be written around Old John.

If we can agree on anything its that Morse is an enigmatic and queer individual. I took advantage of him in my book. He was a fun character to invent.

His odd behavior before and after the crime lends him to fabrication and typecasting.

No serious discussion about the Borden murders can be made without giving John Vinnicum Morse his dues.

You're welcome, MB. I agree, leaving John Morse out of the Lizzie Borden case is down right criminal. He was just as important to the story line as Lizzie, Emma and Bridget.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

OK! I will bite, Franz

What is your idea to why John Morse is not used in film making.

And please, keep up out of the barn! :oops: :oops: :roll: :wink:
Franz

Post by Franz »

mbhenty wrote:OK! I will bite, Franz

What is your idea to why John Morse is not used in film making.

And please, keep up out of the barn! :oops: :oops: :roll: :wink:
emmmmmmmm...

Firstly, I think that the filmmakers could not ignore such a person as Morse in the Borden case --- this is for sure; so his being elimited must have been intentional.

Since the two filmmakers both interpreted Lizzie as guilty, I permit me to speculate that the presence of Morse, and the presentation of his behaviours in the film would trouble a lot the plot that the filmmakers wanted to offer to the public, and would damage the credibility of Lizzie's guilt. Therfore, they decided to just cancel uncle John. By doing so they tranquilized themselves: dear audience, the killing could not have been committed by an individual named Morse, because he didn't exist.

Certainly, this is only my speculation. But if it were true, I would not be very much unhappy. :grin:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Excellent assessment Franz.

I can see what you mean.

But as a writer of fiction, I have always thought of Morse as a blank slate. There is so much we know, but so much more that we don't know about him. His behavior lends itself to many scenarios. But writing fiction with Morse in mind, one must make certain to define his character, for I believe he could contain many. He could be a bad guy, a good guy, a victim of sorts, a collaborator, an anti-villian, a anti-hero, or just an Uncle who knew more than he did and was afraid to speak up.

In real life, I believe that Morse was very much aware of family functions—that is, the unhappy existence between father, mother, and daughters. When he returned to the house on the day of the murders I believe he guessed to what had happened and was afraid to go inside—probably asked someone about what was going on. Then later when he was asked if anything looked out of place when he returned he lied. Because he did not want to hint that relations were not going well at the Borden house. He did not want to get involve.

Think the video below..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PibDMGxiyJw

Franz

Post by Franz »

mbhenty wrote:...
Think the video below..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PibDMGxiyJw

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

I hate all social media other than forums like this, and I hate some of them, too.

MB, do we know if Andrew owned more than one coat like he wore the morning of the murders?

I've always wondered about Lizzie choosing to iron at that particular moment. Was she attempting to stoke the stove to burn down the house and hide the murders? Or could she have started to burn the murder garment before Bridget was called? This would explain the rather odd burning of the paint stained dress in front of Miss Russell. Or it could have been a garment worn by the murderer when he came in with Lizzie the night before.

Was there an open (or openable) well on the property?

As for butchering: I'm old enough to have witnessed the butchering of cattle, swine, poultry, squirrel (once) and rabbits (once) plus cleaning fish. I'm not squeamish but rabbits are too cute and squirrels are too smelly when being parboiled. Plus I've seen deer being field dressed many times. I'm 64. Anyone who lived on a farm and is over the age of 80 would have had this same experience.
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Hello Debb:

No, nothing is known about whether Andrew Borden owned another suit or jacket like the one described at the trail.

Much has been made of the Jacket. It has even been written into the actual murder by some, being that: the murderer wore it, or used it as a shield, etc.

That's fun stuff to assume and talk about but very doubtful that there is anything to it. People make to much out of the Jacket. If someone indeed used it as a shield I'm sure the police would have noticed that there was blood inside of the folds once it was folded and placed under Borden's head. The fact is more than likely it was where the jacket was when he was hit by the axe.

As frugal as Andrew is described, (He was Frugal, not cheap or a miser—just watched his pennies.) and given the time line, 1800s, it is probably likely that he only had that one formal business suit. Today people have a multiple change of clothing.

Speculation can run rampant when discussing why Lizzie was ironing at that specific moment. My take on it is this?

I believe Lizzie knew who committed the murders and might have even planned it. She picked that moment to iron so she could keep an eye on Bridget and/or so she could be a sentinel for whomever was to commit the murders. She could have let them in. Thus ironing was a front, and trying to talk Bridget out of the house to go for a material/cloth penny sale, was further proof that, while keeping an eye on Bridget, she would have rather had the maid away and out of the house when it came time to have "Father" killed.

That's my guess. Good as any.

debbiediablo

Post by debbiediablo »

Here's my seriously less educated guess than yours, MB:

I have never set much store in the coat being worn as a shield and then placed under Andrew's head to disguise the blood splatter. If this were the intent, then placing it directly under his battered skull would be far more effective than several layers down. I do see it as a possible act of undoing once Lizzie saw the devastation that had been wrought upon "Father". I don't buy the theory that she had the intestinal fortitude to bash in her father's face with a hatchet but then couldn't bear the up-close-and-personal act of placing the coat directly under his head.

Your guess regarding the ironing, MB, is as good as any. IMO the oddisms in those two days are the keys to the case. I'm inclined to think that Lizzie planned to poison something with the prussic acid - possibly the milk or maybe lunch- and that were it not for Uncle John coming home for lunch and Bridget's unwillingness to go to a fabric sale that she would have burned down the house to disguise the crime. I can certainly see the ironing as a means to keep track of Bridget; in fact, I've always wondered whether she just happened to mention to "Mrs. Borden" that the windows were getting filthy.

There's been a lot of debate about whether someone hid in the house between the times that Abby and Andrew were killed, and pretty much agreement that no one could hide during that time. And especially maintain the kind of rage (or enjoyment??) that both of the crimes, particularly Abby's, engendered. However, the murderer could have hidden in Emma's room without danger of anyone finding him/her or being viewed through a window that was being washed, but only if Lizzie was complicit in the murders.

Lizzie may have let the killer in on that morning but he could also have come in with her the night before. I don't think Abby, Andrew and John would've noticed the difference between one person ascending the stairs versus two persons going up simultaneously. It's not like they were on alert for a potential murderer.

I tend to discount Morse's involvement. If anything, his reappearance at noon may have muddled the plot. What do you think, MB and everyone else?

So, who do you all think benefited from the crimes beyond Lizzie and Emma? Do you think Sawyer had anything to do with it? How and when do you think the killer got out of the house?

:smiliecolors:
DebbieDiablo

*´¨)
¸.· ´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·'*

mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Right you are, Debb: Very pragmatic evaluation (s).

Morse's appearance at noon may have muddled the plot. He was probably an innocent who knew too much. It is almost certain that if Lizzie was planning something that he overheard. Or at the very least suspected something.

I remember many times working in a strangers house, one time in particular. We worked there for three days. By the time we were done I knew all the family particulars. The son was suppose to take the laundry downstairs. It was his job. The husband was flirting with his wife's sister. The lawsuit with the guy next door wasn't going well. They had to put the dog down....he was to old. etc. etc. etc... I can only imagine what Morse must of heard.

Sawyer was just some "joe". He had no personal connection with the Bordens. And other than Lizzie and Emma profiting, can't really imagine who else would benefit from such drastic measures as murder. That being said....pay me enough and I may just do it for you. (For love, money or revenge. The big three)
tinkse7en

Post by tinkse7en »

Bridgit's place in the household, in wake of the murders, was precarious. Her position, in those days, was nearly the equivalent of a black slave being found near dead Massa's body. Instant hung!
Irish were considered less than human, in those days.

Witness Emma & Lizzie not even bothering to call Bridget her own name, but by the previous' maid's namr: "Maggie".
MysteryReader

Post by MysteryReader »

Wasn't Maggie a nickname given to Irish servant girls? I think I need to go back and re-read some of the previous posts.
Steve88778

Post by Steve88778 »

I don't know if Morse did it exactly but he sure had a pretty weird alibi for his whereabouts when he went to Weybosset Street. Remembering the number of the conductor's cap - having that information ready to whip out seems just a tad overdoing it.