Lizzie Borden is mine, mine, mine!

Discover or post articles and transcripts about Lizzie Borden.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

Lizzie Borden is mine, mine, mine!

Post by mbhenty »

:alcohol:

Here we go again. You probably remember this story.

https://www.rrstar.com/story/news/2008/ ... 640924007/

Well they are at it again. This time under a new owner. Who thinks he own's the name, "LIZZIE."

Now, the coffee shop is being sued. How petty. :cyclopsani: :clown: :pig: :rabbit: :pirat:

https://fallriverreporter.com/owner-of- ... es-coffee/
mbhenty

Re: Lizzie Borden is mine, mine, mine!

Post by mbhenty »

:shock:

Here is the story. It made channel 10 news station in Providence, R.I., Turnto10.

Channel Ten gets the story wrong right from the start by mixing up Fall River and the city of New Bedford. The coffee shop is in Fall River in the old Kelly house building which had multiple additions added over the many years. (Or maybe just one large one???) And next door to 92 Second Street Murder House.

https://turnto10.com/news/local/lizzie- ... st-16-2023
camgarsky4

Post by camgarsky4 »

The dramatic terms folks use when they are taking the legal route is both funny and silly. How has the Salem operation done "irreparable' harm to the bed & breakfast? I presume the primary draw of the B&B is that it is a B&B and is where the murders happened. Nothing located in Salem, Ma is going to stop someone who wants to visit the murder scene from going to Fall River.

I saw that the Salem museum guy rhetorically asked why the B&B isn't suing the virtual library. Lots of silly comments being made by all these folks.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Silly comments indeed.

I don't see how the coffee shop will threaten the B&B. Unless the B&B is running a coffee shop business. I thought they were a "museum" :?: :silly:

"Hey Frank. Ya want a good cup of Joe? Get one at the museum up the road." Forget Starbucks. Drop in at Lizziebucks. Blood and tears in that cup.

The argument that they too serve coffee at the B&B just doesn't cut it. Not a reason to sue a proper coffee shop. After all they are a museum, as they like to put it. If anything, the coffee shop will enhance business at the B&B. As for suing them for the name.... it's not legal. Sure, you can trademark the moniker, "Lizzie Borden Museum." But I don't think you can trade mark the proper name, "Lizzie Borden," and certainly not the name, "Lizzie."

Now the biggest infraction of this is Mcdonald's. Now there existed a nest of corporate greed. Mcdonld's has been in countless lawsuits over the years over their name or any part of it. Going as far as suing a Mr. Mcdonald in Scotland for calling his restaurant "McDonald's." Below is just one such example.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/nehttps: ... story.html
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:scratch:

Well, looks like they will be at it for a while.

How about this? We will change our name if you take the word "Museum" out of your title and replace it with "coffee". What sort of museum goes around suing coffee shops over a name. Are they a coffee shop or a museum? Two totally different pursuits. One is preserving the past and history—the other selling a cup of Joe. I want to say it is preposterous, but it is really avarice.

The coffee shop should change their name to Eliza Borden's Coffee Shop. This way it retains the name Borden, since a Borden did own the building that contains the coffee shop. The preservation society would be happy to give them a plaque stating so. After all, this was originally the house of Lawdwick and Eliza Borden. Eliza, who lived in the house, drown her two children in a well, then slit her own throat. Poor Lawdwick. He had lost his first wife and two children before marrying Eliza. Then he has more children and she kills off another two and herself. After Eliza dies Lawdwick marries for a third time. Not long after, she drops dead. What a story this coffee shop has to tell.

Actually the murder in that house with the coffee shop was more tragic then the ones in the coffee shop next door. Or is it a museum. Can I call it that? :?:

https://turnto10.com/news/local/lizzie- ... MI6izEgCD4
Kat

Post by Kat »

Now That looks haunted!
(From site you provided)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:cry:

Yes, that was sad Kat.

Large hotel called the Harborside Inn on Water Street on Block Island. Completely destroyed a couple of weeks back in a fire. It's a large hotel that sits about a block away from the National Hotel, which is bigger. They both overlook the water on the east side of the island right across the street from one of the Ferry Terminals and Old Harbor, a small walled in harbor. I've sailed their on my boat many times but always anchored on the west side of the island in Great Salt Pond.

For those not familiar, Block Island is a small pork chop shaped island roughly 10 miles from the coast of Rhode Island. The Inn sits on the east side in the town of New Shoreham. New Shoreham is the smallest town in the smallest state in the Union—much more impressive.

The first picture is the the burnt down hotel, the Harborside Inn. The second is the National.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oh they are gorgeous! And you could see them from yr boat during sails?
That is a terrible shame one was destroyed and about to be torn down.
Thanks for the info on the 🏨 hotels
Last edited by Kat on Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I found a small article on those murdered Borden children next door to #92,(the Kelly house)- in my computer for yr topic.
Ladowick was Andrew’s Uncle, so these kids would have been his first cousins.