Changes and If You Forget Your Password!

Messages for you to read and process.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Adminlizzieborden
Site Admin

Changes and If You Forget Your Password!

Post by Adminlizzieborden »

As you know, I have updating the forum and tweaking mods. Today some code errors popped up and the board was disabled for a period of time. It is now up and running and hopefully, all will run smoothly.

I updated the forum from phpbb 2.0.6 to 2.0.11, which added some security features and streamlined the language a bit for the servers to read.

I updated the Modification that protects users and their passwords---it prevents hacking a user password and gives me the ability to make the passswords of min length, force complex passwords, and forces the user to change passwords if they try to log in with the wrong info.

OF NOTE: if you do forget your password and wish to click on the "forgot my password" link, you will be directed to enter your username and email address. A new password will be sent to that address. In that email is a link to re-activate your account. Here's the big change: YOU MUST ALLOW POP UP WINDOWS TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. It is at that new log in that you are directed to change your password to something you desire. If you don't see that pop up, you can't log in and will be forever asked to change your password at every log in attempt.

I use Safari as my browser and I can turn the Block Pop Ups feature on and off at will in the Safari tab in the menu.

I tested all the updates and changes and they all work, with that one caveat.

Thanks for your patience!

Stefani :gmorning: