Any flea market in Fall River?

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Franz

Any flea market in Fall River?

Post by Franz »

I am a frenetic flea market goer, I checked online but have found only this one in Fall River:

Chaves Market & Gift Shop, 49, Columbia St.

Is it a real flea market?
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"
mbhenty

Re: Any flea market in Fall River?

Post by mbhenty »

Hello Franz:

Hope you have been well.

To answer your question, the reply is No, there are no flea markets in fall river. Chaves Market is a mini-supermarket.

Chaves Market is a Portuguese Market that specializes in Portuguese gifts and foods, meats, wines, and liquors, etc. All things Portuguese. It is situated in the heart of the Portuguese community on Colombia street, about 3 blocks from where Lizzie Borden grew up as a little girl on Ferry Street.

https://www.facebook.com/ChavesMarket/

:study:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, the nearest Flea Market to fall river is in the town of Raynham, Massachusetts, near Taunton, Massachusetts, about 20 to 30 minute drive from fall river. I am not certain whether is is still in operation. I haven't been there in years. They sell some nice antiques but also lots of junk. If I'm not mistaken I think Billy Borden lived in Raynham. (or somewhere near-by)

The Best Flea Market in the state of Massachusetts is the Brimfield Flea Market, in Brimfield, Massachusetts. It is considered by some to be the biggest flea market in the United States. It is held in the summer and attracts dealers from all over the country. Lots, lots, and lots, of antiques and furniture. But it can be a big 'rat race' especially trying to find someplace to park. Even though it is held in the country on a big field, finding a place to park is going to cost you to store your car. Brimfield is a small town, about 4000 people, a very old town, about an hour and a half drive from fall river.

https://brimfieldantiquefleamarket.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Franz

Post by Franz »

Wow, mbhenty, I am fine, thank you. And you? Any sailing in the summer?

Thank you so much for the precious information you gave me concerning the flea markets. Every time I organize a travel, I check out the flea markets of my destination. LOL.

And if I were lucky enough to be able to visit Massachusetts ...mmm... dreaming... :grin:
"Mr. Morse, when you were told for the THIRD time that Abby and Andrew had been killed, why did you pronounce a "WHAT" to Mrs. Churchill? Why?"