The House

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Just in time for the 4th of August- the new/old oak church pew arrives for the barn giftshop. The black sofa (bought for the opening in 1996) is now for sale.
Cast photos are up for Tuesday and a great new slate etching of Lizzie is on display.
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

A friend just sent me this, as quoted on the Jezebel site:

Lizzie Borden Took A Trademark...
The Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast of Fall River, MA, has won the exclusive right to merch bearing the hometown alleged-axe-murderess's name. Yes, that Includes "Everything I Need to Know About Anger Management I Learned From Lizzie Borden" shirts. [Newser]

I gazed longingly at the black sofa when I was at the gift shop, Shelley!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Yes it has been for sale awhile. That is our first sofa Martha McGinn bought and had recovered twice. It really does moan and groan now- SO many fannies have sat on it. The newer black velvet one inside is a tad longer.

Yes the patent news is really hot stuff this week and much chatter in the gift barn from visitors about it. I only wonder why someone did not think of it sooner.
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Thanks for pictures Shelley. The place looks really good!
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Well the pew was a godsend on the 4th as it seats many people. I like the slate etching of Lizzie-probably done with laser tech. The black sofa is in the front window and is still for sale as of last weekend. Of course this week has been so busy it may be gone by now. :grin:

Last Saturday night after the play a few of us Mutton Eaters walked into the house not knowing the ghost hunters had the house wired. It was dark and I thought they had all gone to bed. After about 10 minutes two big guys came bursting through the door wide-eyed. I guess they had microphones and equipment hooked up and we were setting things off. They looked crestfallen when it was only us- not Lizzie and Emma and Bridget and Abby in the kitchen, fresh from beyond the veil and all too real and unghostly. :lol:
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Shelley @ Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:Last Saturday night after the play a few of us Mutton Eaters walked into the house not knowing the ghost hunters had the house wired...
Was this the TAPS crew?

I wasn't sure if they had done the house already or not. We recently got those shows here & I've been looking.

Imagine y'all suddenly appearing in costume on their cameras! Too funny!
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Oh, we had peeled out of those hot costumes and put on old clothes. Mostly I think it was the voices they got. No, this was not TAPS- there are so many of these ghosthunters nowdays I can't remember their names- just a bunch of big guys in black teeshirts with Psychic Paranormal somethingorother on them. Ghostbusters!
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

LOL....Thats what I was picturing Tina-Kate. Shelley and her friends in period costume suddenly appearing in the house. :shock: Shelley has played many parts in the Borden saga but that was probably the 1st time she played GHOST!
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."