Streets and Sidewalks

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Wow- I feel as if I could walk right in the front door- This is really top notch! The carriage and people and flowers and trees really add wonderful real life touches. Love love love it!
bobarth

Post by bobarth »

last one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mohandas Gandhi
william

Post by william »

Just keeps getting better and better, Bobbie.
Are you going to use it on your HO train layout?
Kat

Post by Kat »

bobarth @ Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:38 pm wrote:The last of the pictures for awhile.
I hope you don't mind- I've made this a size I can view better.
It's so cool!!! Thank you so much for sharing your project with us!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I think I love the screen door the best! And Uncle John all dressed up in the backyard! :grin: Yay!
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Great work !!

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Those extra touches are priceless, Bobbie!
Harry

Post by Harry »

It really is a good job, Bobbie. Very well done. Congratulations!

Is that Lizzie on the side steps? She has red hair and a blue dress. Now that's cool.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
diana

Post by diana »

That is an amazing work of art!!!!
bobarth

Post by bobarth »

Hey Thanks!!!!

Couldnt have done it without all the good help I got so Thank YOU!!!!

Shelley- Walk right in and sit right down....... Just keep off the grass, freshly planted. :lol: I love the way you pick up on all the little details.

Bill - I just could not break those finials off the fence, so am leaving them for now. I have moved it up to the train room, have not made the commitment to put it on a shelf though. Seems like there is always one or two little things I went to do before I put it up. I did leave room for the barn and the well if I ever want to go back and add them. Personally I would like to use it for a centerpiece for the dining room table. I miss it now that it is not in the middle of the table.

Kat - That little screen door is one of my favorites too, I had to design and build that little sucker, took 5 hours to construct. I timed that one just to get an idea of how much time I was spending on various parts. After I realized how much time I had spent, I quit timing myself. Please resize any and all pictures you want to. I have a lot more pictures of the house at photobucket too in real size if you want to see those also. Username is bobarth

Harry - Yes that is Lizzie at the side door. She absolutely had to have a blue dress and red hair. That reminds me, I bought little hatchets for everyone, I need to get those painted and put them on the little characters. Hmmm, also note that Dr. Bowen is missing. Hope Elmo did not eat him.
The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mohandas Gandhi
Susan

Post by Susan »

Thats so cool seeing it finished like that with the street and yard! Thanks for sharing it with us, Bobbi. You really do excellent work! Would love to see other pics of your train set. Your pic brought to mind a question about the carriages and traffic flow on Second Street, perhaps someone might know; did carriages follow the same driving patterns as we do today? Driver further from the curb, like in a car, or was it more of a free for all?
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
Allen

Post by Allen »

Wow!!! It's a masterpiece. :smile: The attention to detail is awesome. Very nice job. It really does feel like you might be able to just walk through the front door and have a seat on the sitting room sofa.
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

A close-up of the south east cellar window with the bars. You might be able to use matchsticks, Bobbie.