Cool map of Newport

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Harry

Cool map of Newport

Post by Harry »

This has a nice interactive map of Newport. The map moves when you hold down on the left of your mouse and move the cursor around. Even cooler is when you access the side inset for attractions or mansions it will find them for you on the map.

http://www.citimaps.com/newport/cybermap.html

It's part of an interesting web site on Newport.

http://xroads.virginia.edu/~MA01/Davis/ ... cuous.html
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
Yooper

Post by Yooper »

Thanks for the links, Harry! The website defines what was required for "pedigree" in society. I have to wonder what someone would have thought after having met all of the requirements as listed, going to all the trouble and expense, and then had a good look at the crowd he was now a part of! Was it worth the trouble? He couldn't very well look down his nose at "them folks", that would describe his parents and grandparents!
To do is to be. ~Socrates
To be is to do. ~Kant
Do be do be do. ~Sinatra
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Oh! They forgot to make the Covell house on Farewell Street one of the attractions. I think we should write and tell them! AT least the street is there.
Kat

Post by Kat »

When last I spoke to her, the owner was not interested in having her property remembered for anything thing at all. I got the impression she wanted to be left alone.
Maybe just word-of-mouth to afficiandos would be good enough, to protect the privacy?
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Yes, she did had no great regard for Lizzie but was nice enough to allow a photo on the porch. Still, it is possible to get some good photos from the front of the Mumford School next door.