falls river question

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

affie4u

falls river question

Post by affie4u »

Hi. I have a question about falls river. Does amtrack go to falls river or greyhound bus? and if amtrack or greyhound does not go to falls river
How would you get from boston to falls river without a car? Is there a train from boston the hooks into fall river?

thank you for the replys.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I have always taken a car from Fall River to about Quincy or Braintree...then catch the "T" from there.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
affie4u

Post by affie4u »

I don't live in MA . I was thinking of taking amtrack to boston and then
from there going to falls river. If that is possible? Is it?
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I am sure one of the locals here could give the best info about planning a trip to Fall River. I am thinking there must be a bus that goes in that direction.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

There is no train service to Fall River, and in fact bringing rail service back has been an ongoing issue for about a decade now.

Greyhound I believe services Fall River, but I can't confirm that from their website.

Bonanza Bus does service Fall River and you can use their website to figure out the particulars. They are now owned by 'Peter Pan'.

http://www.peterpanbus.com/home/

I have no idea what difference it would make for your total trip, but you could also come to Fall River by way of Providence, RI. It's actually closer than Boston, about 20 miles away.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks RJR for an attempt to answer!
Yay Providence! Skip Boston!
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Amtrak has service into Providence,RI which is only about a 20 minute drive west of Fall River. Once in Providence the bus terminal is right there near the train station and it has direct service to Fall River.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
affie4u

Post by affie4u »

Thank you. Now, I have a idea on how to start planning a trip there. maybe the summer I can do it.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

If you come Affie, I will pick you up either in Westerly RI, Kingston RI or Providence Amtrack station (these are all stops near where I work) - then it is only a short drive to Fall River. Flying, TF Green into Providence is even faster. If you could manage an early afternoon flight on a Friday, I could pick you up on my way into work at the house. Bonanza goes right into Fall River from Boston's Logan airport and I believe it is only about 12 dollars one way. But by all means- DO COME! We can coordinate something.
affie4u

Post by affie4u »

Wow, Thank you Shelley. You gave me A lot to think about!