Emeril Back Home In Fall River

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

DWilly

Emeril Back Home In Fall River

Post by DWilly »

Tonight, Emeril is going back to Fall River. It is going to be on the Food Channel. That's channel 42, where I am at. It's coming on shortly. 8pm West Coast time.
DWilly

Post by DWilly »

I just wanted to make a few comments on this episode. First off, when I went to Fall River a couple of years ago I really didn't think of it as a place to get good food but after watching this show I know better. Most of the places Emeril showed served Portuguese food. I can't remember the names of the places he showed in Fall River. I think one was called St. John's Hall or something like that. Very plain looking place but the food looked good and very cheap. One place he went to had Chow Mein burgers wrapped in wax paper. I have to say I had never heard of a Chow Mein burger. Again, I can't really recall the name. :sad: I think it was Lee something. It was nice to see another side of Fall River rather than just the Lizzie end of it.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I bet someone around here knows the places you are referring to. Maybe they will help out with the memory and the show.

It's nice to have Fall Riverites as members- I think we have more than we ever had before! So helpful and so handy! :smile:
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

St' John's club and Mee Sums. Chow mein sandwich not burgers and Shelley really needs to try one. :grin:
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
Societygirl1892

Emeril Back in Fall River

Post by Societygirl1892 »

Is this the original show for the Food Network or is this a new one? I saw one a few years ago on Food Network, but I think the St. John's Club was destroyed by a fire about a year or so ago?
Oooohhh...chow mein sandwiches! I have ben dying for one of those!
And oh how I miss China Royal! Closing that place was a travesty!
Pammie
Pammie :-)