That wicked Blue board!

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Mark A.

That wicked Blue board!

Post by Mark A. »

"Ding dong the blue board is gone, that wicked blue board is gone".

While driving thru the Highlands on Thursday, I noticed that ugly blue board that was covering the "Maplecroft" carving at the top stair of the French st. property was taken off. (see pics) Why was it covered and now removed? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe because the property is for sale and that "Maplecroft" carving would surely be an asset to the possible sale. Either way, i'm just glad it's gone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark A.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

YAHOOO !!!...oh wait...now maybe this means I need to make another trip to Fall River...just to see the Maplecroft sign...again ? Hmmm...I could make it my Christmas present to me...early. Hmmm...

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

Mark, you are the BEST!! So cool to have a great friend in Fall River to keep us all up to date. Heck, more like to the minute!

Great news yes. But it could also mean that he has serious buyers too. Now that 92 Second Street has sold, maybe the interest worldwide caused him to have some serious inquiries.

Do you think a Starbucks will go in there? They could change the name to Maplebucks!
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Mark A.

Post by Mark A. »

No Problem Stef, it's my pleasure to take a pic or two when i can. I was just in Oak grove doing a little research and I took a pic of lizzie's grave that to me has what looks like a hatchet in the shadows of the trees! May wife says i'm nuts but I can see it. i'll post it in a day or so with another funny lizzie graves related story.
Mark A.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Now He ought to sell that board on E-bay! :smile:
Thanks Mark! (and Mr. Dube)
Harry

Post by Harry »

He should think of trimming the ivy. It looks like kudzu weed is taking over the house.
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Yay! Thanks for letting us know Mark. Of course, anyone who gets The Hatchet knows T'was Lizzie's ghost that dunnit....hehehehe!
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
Kat

Post by Kat »

That is a great cartoon by Tina-Kate in The Hatchet!
And foreshadowing!
Susan

Post by Susan »

Thanks, Mark. Good news to get to start the week with. I guess time will tell whether its gone for good or not. :smile:
lydiapinkham

Post by lydiapinkham »

Thank you for the pix, Mark. And thank you TK: I have no doubt that your wonderful cartoon had something to do with it. Maybe someone sent Dube a copy, and the man got nervous. :lol:

--Lyddie

It does look a little like kudzu. So sad to see the beautiful house decay.
Maplecroft2112

Post by Maplecroft2112 »

Mark, I love you! No really, I mean it!
That board should be burnt-Lizzie must have rolled over in her grave the day that board was put up!
If Mr. Dube has a serious buyer, I hope it will be someone who takes better care of the house than he has.
That house is beautiful and one of the last times I was in Fall River I was heart-broken to see that board covering the stone carving on the top stair.
And I rejoice with you, "Ding, Dong the blue board is DEAD"!
I was married at the Lizzie Borden bed and breakfast on opening day, August 4th, 1996. Would love to correspond with other Lizzie buffs! E-mail me! :-)