Place to take pictures in/around Westport

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Sandra

Place to take pictures in/around Westport

Post by Sandra »

I'm drawing a blank even though I'm from the area.

I am getting married next October and the reception will be in Westport and I am trying to think of places to take our wedding photos. I need outdoor and indoor ideas since we know the weather in Massachusetts is not always cooperative.

I thought about the FR Historical Society because they have a great garden which still might look decent in the beginning on October but they charge. Horseneck Beach will probably be a stretch as far as weather wise.

Any suggestions that are preferably free would be greatly appreciated.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

We're a few minutes away, but lots and lots of people come to Fairhaven center and Fort Phoenix for their wedding photos. On Saturday afternoons almost all year round there are folks on the lawns of the Millicent Library, Town Hall and Unitarian Church taking pictures. Sometimes there even are two different wedding parties rotating positions. The front of Fairhaven High School is popular, too, but mostly, I think, with graduates from there.

My wife and I, true "townies" had wedding photos taken all over the place in Fairhaven.

The funny thing about the Unitarian Church is that people who were actually married in other churches will go there to take their photos!

October can be either wonderfully lovely or pretty gray and raw. (And it's still officially hurricane season. We were married ten years ago in an outdoor ceremony on September 21, the anniversary of the Great New England Hurricane of 1938. We had a beautiful day.)
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Thank you for the suggestions!
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Westport is rather large--where are you getting married? Lots of places in and around Westport. There are the docks at Wesport Point, Horseneck Beach, Westport Rivers Vineyard, nearby Dartmouth has Davol's General Store and the herring run, the trails at the Lloyd Environmental Center and also Allen's Neck Audubon Sanctuary; there's the Rhode Island Red monument in nearby Adamsville and the grist mill, Sakonnet Vineyards, etc. depending on which part of Westport. How about the bride and groom on the steps of Lizzie Borden's house?

There are lots of colorful farms during harvest and the hunt clubs have a lot of activities in the Fall.