Wikipedia "contribution"

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Constantine

Wikipedia "contribution"

Post by Constantine »

As some of you may have noticed, I (yes, it was me) just killed a "contribution" to the Wikipedia article on Lizzie. The perpetrator stated that the house is an "exact replica"(!) of itself and that local folklore says that no one who spends the night in the murder room makes it through the night. (Having done exactly that, I think I can say I was qualified for the[baloney]ectomy I performed (though I used the proper word).)
A man ... wants to give his wife ... the interest in a little homestead where her sister lives. How wicked to have found fault with it. How petty to have found fault with it. (Hosea Knowlton in his closing argument.)
Kat

Post by Kat »

Contributions of fact to Wiki on Lizzie are encouraged here. Good luck that your changes survive the night.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Yes, didn't Stefani have an issue with Wikipedia in the past? She kept on correcting the information there about Lizzie and it kept being erased and the misinformation put back up again?

Good luck, Constantine, I hope it stays put.
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Yes exactly. The down side of Wikipedia is that if somebody does not like you, ( or is jealous of achievements, simply wishes to be mischievious, cocky and nasty), can remove correct info that YOU or another person with valuable and correct info puts up. It is a vicious and nasty little game that people with nothing better to do than be vicious and nasty perpetuate ad nauseum.

Frankly, those who resort to such games do little to enhance their own image. In the end, I find, given enough time- any really rotten thing anyone does tends to come back to haunt one fine day or bite them "where the sun don't shine" eventually. :smile: I have even had the great pleasure of living long enough to see some who deserve it get their Just Desserts. You can only fool some of the people some of the time.
Constantine

Post by Constantine »

I'm aware of what you say. That's why I watch any article I contribute to (and some I don't). So far, so good, for the most part.
A man ... wants to give his wife ... the interest in a little homestead where her sister lives. How wicked to have found fault with it. How petty to have found fault with it. (Hosea Knowlton in his closing argument.)