Monster Quest Tonight!

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

Monster Quest Tonight!

Post by Kat »

I just saw a coming attraction for Monster Quest tonight. It was a haunted house story in Lee-Ann's voice!
That darn rocker was part of it.
(She removes that rocker for me when I stay in Bridget's room- thanks Lee-Ann!)
Check your local listings!Image
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Yes, we had posts about this in a few places here on the forum since last February. It is on the History Channel at 9 p.m. tonight and is the film we shot last winter. LeeAnn is Lizzie, Ed Thibaut is a great Mr. Borden and I get to be my heroine, Abby. The techs took great pains with the shooting and I do hope some of their excellent camera work makes the final cut. The shoot took ALL DAY and into the late afternoon. We devised some new, clever ways with curtain rods to shoot Abby's attack, which I also hope made the final cut. I expect the paranormal will be the main thrust of the show.
viewtopic.php?t=3428&start=0

Ed in his last appearance as Mr. Borden
Day tour guide Samantha Carey as Bridget
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Thanks for the heads up.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Well, it tuned out just about as I expected. LeeAnn looked great wielding that hatchet as did Ed. I did not see poor "Bridget" at all. The house looked great on camera- and so did Max. When I think of all the masterful work the camera men did and the many hours we all spent doing take after take, it is too bad some great footage hit the cutting room floor, while much camera time focused on some rather pointless things. That Mr. Underwood with his Gettysburg shadows in the trees, and the gas station bug on the lens left me wanting less! (I have seen the bug on the camera lens thing several times with the same effect). And so much was devoted to them. I actually thought this episode was just about the house- not all of the other stuff thrown in for good measure to fill out the hour.

I was REALLY surprised nobody thought to set up a camera in the sitting room in front of the black sofa- infinitely more productive than the "chimney room". I also think, that any self-respecting ghost might say more than "soooo" or "sure". Knowing Michael as well as I did- he was a great talker!

Then of course, the historical errors, John Morse as Abby's brother, Mrs. Ladwick Borden killing her children in the basement, etc. It is maddening because we have experts who offer to listen to the show before air date to catch errors -and some ask for NO money to do it!

On the plus side, I am glad it will generate interest in the property and visitors. Publicity is always appreciated. On the down side, I was hoping for more -they had a good budget to work with, and I think switching back and forth to different ghost venues was disconcerting. I rather think the camera moved up in the Knowlton room because of vibration and it not being secured. Every time the big buses go by, the front of the house trembles a bit in spots- even car traffic will do it. The door to the Morse room will also pop open. 99.5% of the oddities can be explained logically and scientifically. The other percent- well, who knows? There are one or two things I cannot explain. :wink:

I hope one fine day, a really topnotch program will be done on the case, with attention to the history and trial and real people by people who really love history and setting out the facts acurately and in an entertaining way.
Kat

Post by Kat »

It was nice to see the house again and to get my friends to watch, so they can see where I go every year! :smile:

That was Harry's room. It's a good thing he says he's a heavy sleeper! I never wanted to stay in that room.

Since the chest is set approximately above where the chimney is in the cellar where the HH was found, I thought that glowing bottom was pretty interesting. I had to double-check the floorplan I have from Bill Pavao to verify that spot. I had drawn it on there a while ago in red, and that corresponded to about where the white chimney is in the cellar.

Our member Jay- "dasbdeboot"- says he has quite a bit of EVP- too bad he wasn't involved with these researchers.

I liked the show and I liked the PA battleground footage.
I wasn't 1000% keen on the way they switched back and forth between sites outside the House.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

It has only been recently that old trunk has been a "toy chest"- and became one since the Ladwick Borden "kids" come to haunt upstairs. A guest brought the ghostchildren these toys. I am not sure that little trunk was there when Billy P lived in that room. I never heard it called the Chimney Room until last night. I plan to have a good look at the trunk tomorrow and see if the bottom may be made of something other than what the top is made of. That may account for the different reading top and bottom.
Yes, many guests have much better EVP and photos and video than anything we saw last night. I think the program was finished off in a hurry to fill airtime. Originally they told us summer to October for an air date. Gettysburg could have easily been a show all its own. If the topic was ghosts- there are many other more haunted venues in this country than that gas station which would have made better footage. All in all, the switching from place to place came off as disjointed and the segueways for the narrator awkward. The house could easily have filled the entire hour, and would have been more interesting for viewers. But we all sure had fun doing it!
Kat

Post by Kat »

They filmed in Winter didn't they? And just beyond the cellar white chimney is the furnace- so maybe there is some heat transfer but since it is 3 floors down, I don't know how that could be.
It's interesting.
Anyway, when I first was given a tour the house was empty of people and Bill Pavao took me around (as well as Stefani who had stayed there in 1997). So no I don't think that chest was there either. It's more recent.
The show left out the suicide of the Mrs. Ladowick Borden as well.
The only thing I ever heard that I could not really explain, happened during a 4 night visit, and seemed to come from that Knowlton room (The newly designated *Chimney Room).
I posted about it hereabouts somewhere and included a drawing of it as a posted attachment.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

The filming was in February, I am not sure if that chimney is an active flu for the furnace in the cellar. I am not sure what the thing with the trunk was all about. "Ghosts" are supposed to leave cold spots-and I would bet no self-respecting ghost would want to hide out in that trunk. Maybe the wool carpet in that room is holding the rising heat from the ceiling below it on the second floor. It doesn't take much for that infa red camera to pick up the slightest temperature change.

Yes, I was surprised, while they were at it, Mrs. Borden's suicide was not added to the mix with the murdered children-makes an even more sensational sound byte!
Kat

Post by Kat »

I was thinking the same thing about cold spots.
Maybe I misunderstood the new camera in some way.

As I went to bed early this morning, I realized I had been totally wrong about those floorplans. For some reason, I had orientated myself to the Jennings room, not the Knowlton room. I guess it would have helped if they had called it what you call it at the House! :smile:

Anyway, I am up and looking at the floorplans again, and it's more amazing to note that that room is over the parlour, but also over the guest room. And since the chest is situated back further under the slanted ceiling of the roof line, it's sort of over the spot where Abby lay, one floor below. What do you think?
(Now that I've unconfused myself?)
Angel

Post by Angel »

I have to agree- that blue bug thing was pathetic. It certainly didn't deserve all the attention and air time.
Harry

Post by Harry »

If you missed the Monster Quest show it's on again tomorrow (6/15) at 7pm on the History channel.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Ohhhh, thanks, Harry! :grin:

I was going to catch it last Wednesday, but had something else come up and I missed it. It sounds so interesting! I'm glad it is going to be shown again - I won't miss it this time. :wink:
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Cool. I'll tune in.

-1bigsteve
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973