August 4th festivities?

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Societygirl1892

August 4th festivities?

Post by Societygirl1892 »

Well, I hate to put it that way...but since it's my anniversary, does anyone have any plans for the 4th in Fall River?
~Pammie~
Pammie :-)
augusta

Post by augusta »

You must mean "The Fatal Fourth" ... :shock:
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Well, there will be plenty of action at #92. :wink:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Here is our member Pammie's Story- I saved it from The Herald.
("SocietyGirl")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Societygirl1892

August 4th Festivites?

Post by Societygirl1892 »

Kat,
That was so cool for you to post the article about our wedding!
We loved seeing it!
It was so much fun and such a great experience.
It's so nice for a Borden enthusiast like myself to become part of the history of the house.
Pammie
Pammie :-)
Kat

Post by Kat »

I had one saved with a photo, but I couldn't find it last night.
:smile:
Well, it's pretty cool that you got married at the Borden House, yes, indeed!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

This year, a goodly number of the Mutton Eater flock from the LB Forum will be joining staff regulars at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast annual re- enactment. This will be the largest cast ever, in the 12 year history of the house. Our own Cemetery Jeff, Barbara, JoAnne, Lorraine and Ted, Ravenways, (Colleen), Ben, LeeAnn, Undertaker Winward, and perhaps even Kfactor onboard.

Along with all the Borden family members, (even Emma who will “return from Fairhaven”), Dr. Dolan, Mrs. Churchill. Mrs. Bowen, Detective Seaver, Alice Russell, Mrs. Kelly,"Miss Manning" from the Fall River Herald, and even the family undertaker, Mr. Winward will be appearing on the scene. The script will be more interactive this year, with the house visitors helping police search the cellar for weapons and interacting with the costumed actors. Mr. Borden will already have been found on the sofa, and is covered with a sheet,but the tour guests will have to find the body of Mrs. Borden when someone suddenly realizes she is “missing”. Tour times are approximately on the half hour from 11 to 3:30 on Monday, August 4th.
Yes, I expect there will be many photos next Monday! :grin:
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

I soooooooo envy you guys. I wish I could be there with you all. It sounds like its going to be a blast. It's so fun to have friends that have the same interest as you do and will dress up and act out the infamous day with you. :lol: You guys are the coolest!
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Well come on out Steve- there are plenty of roles to fill. Today the house owner's little girl, who is 11, wanted to be included on the 4th so I have written her a part as little Abbie Whitehead. As the Mutton Eaters keep getting larger, pretty soon we may have enough to do a real time re-enactment with ALL the characters'parts covered. This year I have no Uncle John- and I bet you could grow a beard Steve!
Kat

Post by Kat »

"Many photos next Monday"- where are the pictures? I'm ready for pictures! Hey Barbara, any photos? You have got to get a camera!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Yes, pictures! You ladies look great in those outfits.

It must have been a lot of fun to re-enact the day. Three cheers for all who participated.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

I had so many photos, and the cast will be adding more to it too, that I made a slide.com slideshow. You can see it at the link for Warps and Wefts (sanctaflora). The gals did look lovely!! And the fellers looked pretty dashing too. :lol:
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

LOL Shelley.....I actually had a full scraggly beard when I was in my 20's and I do think I could pass for Uncle John now at my age if I grew a beard. If I ever do get back to my hometown I will definitely hold you to that invite. :grin: The video of the re-inactment was awesome to say the least. You guys all looked so victorian and did a tremendous job at acting the parts as a tour was in progress.....no easy task I would imagine. I still can't believe I am acquainted with such knowledgable and talented people as the Mutton Eaters and everyone else on this forum. Undertaker Windward was so professional I was ready to hire his services :grin: and adding little Abbie was a touch of genius. If you can ever get a total cast re-inactment of the day together and do a minute by minute you will have to get that on film...might even solve the crime. Again...you guys were EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
Barbara

Fall river and Its Environs

Post by Barbara »

Hi Kat, I did take quite a few photos,I sent them to Shelley. I still can't figure out how to post them on the Forum. About the 4TH. We had a wonderful time. Shelley's script was genious,each scene was perfect. But if anyone tells you that 80 degrees plus mutton sleeved blouses and 5-gored skirts aren't hot send them to me. That alone could drive a lady to murder.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Oh Steve- the one character I did not have this year was Uncle John. Now you simply have to move back to FR and do the part! Undertaker Winward was the bees knees indeed. Talk about someone born too late- he is Victoriana personified. I am planning to adopt him immediately! :grin:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I figured if you took the pictures Barbara, then you wouldn't be in them- and I figured that would make you happy!! :smile:
I'm looking forward to them!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

After the last of the nine performances, we all went to Oak Grove to lay flowers on the graves of Abby and Andrew. Pink roses for Abby, red carnations for Andrew- both tied up in green satin with a small Victorian card saying "Not Forgotten". I went back to the gravesites on Tuesday only to find someone had stolen the cards and moved both bouquets to Lizzie's grave which was covered with an American flag flat on the ground held down by stones. Are people CRAZY out there? Needless to say I removed and folded the flag and returned the flowers to the victims.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

Thank you for moving the flowers back to the proper place. What in the world was that all about? What would the significance of the American Flag be, it should never even touch the ground.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hi Kat, I am going to attemp to send you a photo,wish me luck. This is a photo of the cast just before we started the tours. I guess I need more help.why is that not a surprise!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Good luck- I'm rooting for you! :smile: