My own Borden connection

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

SteveS.

My own Borden connection

Post by SteveS. »

I was looking at the Tattered Fabric web site.....yes.shame on me :oops: and I bout near fell off my chair when I saw this picture of my cousin's house on Pearse Rd. in Swansea with this caption "According to George Quigley, the house below, which sits across the street from the Swansea Country Club, was purchased or leased by Andrew when he was married to Sarah.". This house is owned by my cousin..who used to be a professional wrestler :grin: If this is true I find it amazing that my family lives in and owns a house that was owned by Andrew Borden.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
Kat

Post by Kat »

If you have the address, maybe you can double-check in Rebello's "Land Transactions" in the back of his book, page 549+. Maybe it is in there? There are Swansea deals. That would be cool!
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

I wish I had a copy of Rebello. :sad: If anyone has a copy and wants to check it out I can private message them the address and the owners name. I was also thinking of contacting the Swansea town Hall and see if I can get info on the property transfer going back until at least 1840.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

I didn't want to post the address on a public forum but ...oooooops...there it is.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Tis ok MB........I just felt the private owner should be the one to give permission for the address to be posted in a public forum. No harm done. I am curious how you know of the house? Did you do some work on it for Roland? Or do you just play golf at Touisset? :grin: Do you know of any Borden hustory connection with the house?
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »