Looks like a feud is in the works: FR vs. Salem

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

Looks like a feud is in the works: FR vs. Salem

Post by Stefani »

Well, the Fall River Herald has an article that just went online that is really critical of the new museum in Salem. Even the mayor weighed in!

I have my own thoughts on the matter, and you will see my quote toward the end. It appears that I am in the minority.

http://www.heraldnews.com/entertainment ... m-in-Salem

(oops! I forgot the link so I had to edit this little post) :oops:
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the interesting article, Stef.

I don't think there is any danger in that Lizzie can be "taken" away from Fall River. The two are almost synonymous.

The B&B at 92 Second Street is the holy grail of the Borden case and will remain so. The exhibit in Salem, as far as I can see, can only encourage visitors and stay-overs at the house. I have no idea how many people now make the trip down from Salem but I can only see that number increasing as the case is given more exposure. To some extent they have the same audience. I can't imagine Fall Riverites going to Salem to learn about Lizzie. I can see Salem visitors getting a taste of the case and making the trip down to Fall River to see the real thing.

I would certainly not like to see the case trivialized. As long as it is factual, educational and well done then I can't see much harm.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

I saw the article in the Herald on line...and at the pole in the end I voted to burn him at the stake...LOL!
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

I might know a bit more about this venture.

I'll checked to see if Pickel is the friend of a Fairhaven fellow I know. If he is, then the real story is that he shopped the idea around Fall River and was basically given no support by anybody there. He was more or less told to take a hike.

He has successfully run one of the Salem attractions for years and hope to create a similar attraction in Fall River based on Lizzie.

Tomorrow or Friday, I'll see the Fairhaven fellow and ask if Pickel it the guy he has told me about.

(Edited to change Picket to Pickel)
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I think it will ultimately help business at 92 Second street. Tourists
up in Salem who visit that shop will become curious about the case
and will probablymake the trip to Fall River to see the house where
it all happened
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

Today's Fall River Herald was JAM-PACKED with Lizzie material. I blogged all about it and provided links on MondoLizzie if you want to see. Yes, this is front page news in the "We'll Try" city!
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:-?
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:idea: