Green Street House SOLD

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

FairhavenGuy

Green Street House SOLD

Post by FairhavenGuy »

I learned today that the Brownell House has been sold. A friend at the Registry of Deeds saw the transaction record pass through his office. I had never even heard that it had been put on the market yet. (So much for my real estate friends watching out for it for me. . .)

All I know at this time is that the buyer was a woman, whose name my friend did not remember. And that it sold really, really inexpensively.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Thanks for the update. I sure hope there are wonderful things in store for the old place.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Thanks, Chris, for the news.

I hope she does right by it.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Thanks for letting us know about this. I hope this lady will take the historic value of this house into consideration.
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

I hope it was Kat or Stefani that bought it and turn it into a B&B so that we all can stay at the Brownells in Fairhaven as part of our Lizzie jaunt. :grin:
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
JoAnne

Post by JoAnne »

Now wouldn't a B&B be nice. I loved Fairhaven and Fairhaven Guy is such a wonderful host. I would love to stay at a B&B and see much more of this beautiful and quaint town.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Here's a bit of an update and I'm not sure what it means. The property transfer listing in the Standard-Times this weekend read: "132 Green Street RT and David Bruce to Juliann Miranda and Alexander D. Bruce" The price was $142,000.

Now here's the thing, the deceased father of David Bruce and his late brother Douglas was Alexander D. Bruce. I don't find another Alexander listed in any of the family obituaries to date. But this present Alexander is most likely a grandson (?) I have no idea who Juliann Miranda is.

So this could simply be an internal shift of the property that's still part of settling the various estates.
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Kat

Post by Kat »

Are there B&B's in Fairhaven you recommend, Christopher?
It sounds like there's an interest for next April.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Right now in Fairhaven there are two very nice B&Bs. They are the Delano Homestead B&B, originally the home of President FDR's grandfather, and the Briar Rose B&B, which is currently for sale, but still taking reservations.

There are links to them and to other accommodations on my web page
FAIRHAVEN OFFICE OF TOURISM

Ellen stayed at the Briar Rose in May, I think
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well that was nice of you to reply so quickly! Thank you- altho I doubt I will be in Fairhaven in April, myself. Again, thanks! :smile: