FRHS

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Grace

FRHS

Post by Grace »

I've heard that it can be difficult to pin down a visit to the Fall River Historical Society. When we were planning our trip to FR last month I had placed a couple phone calls there to get some info and got the machine whenever I called. Left messages and never received a call back. Has anyone got any insights on when the best time is to call there or to go there?

I would've tried to go that Saturday that we visited the B & B if it were not for the torrential rain and the flooding.

I know it sounds like I am complaining here, but I really am interested if someone knows anything about visiting there!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

It is hard Grace because they have not got the budget to stay open year round. Beginning the Saturday before Thanksgiving through December 30, the museum and shop are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Society is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas, and will close at 12:00 noon on Christmas Eve.
MUSEUM HOURS

April through Early November: Tuesday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tours: Beginning on the hour from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., excepting 12:00 noon

ADDITIONAL WEEKEND HOURS

June through September: Saturday and Sunday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tours: Beginning on the hour from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

THE MUSEUM SHOP

Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (June through September)
Kat

Post by Kat »

Have you tried the gift shop itself?
They usually answer:

508- 679- 1071

As for the winter, the Society is closed Jan/Feb/March
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Here's the website with hours. When you call the main number there are choices for selecting options, the giftshop is one option you can reach through this phone "tree". (508) 679-1071 http://www.lizzieborden.org/hours.htm
Richard

Post by Richard »

I wanted to arrange an appointment with the staff to look up material and get photos licensed for possible film. I wrote two e-mails to Dennis and never received an answer. I hesitated to take the next step in calling since I wasn't sure how to interpret his silence.

Anyone have any advice on how I can politely approach them and request material?
A book shall be an axe for the frozen sea within us -- Franz Kafka