Another Cemetary for Cemetary Jeff

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Jeff

Another Cemetary for Cemetary Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I strike again in Arlington Cemetary!! I just got back from DC a couple weeks ago and got to explore Arlington for a little bit.
Found the graves of Jou Louis, Commander Dick Scobee, Michael Smith,
and of courseJFK and Jackie O. 350,000 people are buried there
with 25 burials a day. Thats my kind of cemetary. Of course, after
I got back I hadto make another run to Mt Auburn the other day!!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Oh I am envious Jeff! This is a beautiful time of year to visit cemeteries. Maybe we can get to a few soon- I know in October many towns offer special tours as Halloween gets people interested in ambling along the cemetery path.
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

Jeff, It sounds as if you had a wonderful trip, I'm so glad you were able to do this and at such a great time of year.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

It was a great time! Too breif, though. I didn't get to do the other cemetary that Mary Surratt is in. The bus passed the street it is on, but
it's in a very tough neighbor and decided not to do it on my free time there
augusta

Post by augusta »

Someone sent me a "forward" of a photo of the graves at Arlington at Christmas-time. They each had an evergreen wreath with, I think, a red bow. It was striking - that huge sea of wreaths on graves.

I was there as a child. I remember my mother crying at Patrick Kennedy's grave - the baby Jackie Kennedy had in the summer of '63 that died.