New Fall River Historical Society Website

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

New Fall River Historical Society Website

Post by Stefani »

Hey, take a gander at the re-do of the Fall River Historical Society Website!

http://lizzieborden.org

Check out the news about the new Lizzie Borden book, Parallel Lives!

Yahoo!

:cool:

If the old site loads, hit refresh.
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Wow, looks great!

Looking forward to the "Parallel Lives" book.
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Thanx for sharing that link Stefani. I also am looking forward to purchasing "parallel lives". Sounds like it will be a great human interest book and will help flesh out Lizzie from just a name in a murder case to an actual human being. I was also born (on Lizzie's Birthday) and raised in Fall River and am also looking forward to the thoughts and feelings of the people living in Fall River during Lizzie's time. I have "victorian vistas" allready but that is more a fact historical account where as this new book sounds more like it will be thoughts, hopes, dreams, frustrations and aspirations of living in Fall River 80 years before I lived there.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
kfactor

Post by kfactor »

EXCELLENT!

The new site is great.
The "Parallel Lives" tidbits are too tantalizing.
This book sounds like a dream come true for Bordenites! Can't wait!
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes: On a positive note...........since I complain so much about other affairs here on the forum. The feature photo on the FRHS site was taken by me.

Ring my bell, ring my bell
yea, yea, yea
They heard it tell
I ring my bell. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bobbypoz

Post by Bobbypoz »

AWESOME!!!!
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~ Albus Dumbledore
patsy

Post by patsy »

I can't wait to read the book. And I'm sure it will be indexed perfectly by Stefani. Thanks for the heads up.
patsy

Post by patsy »

mbhenty @ Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:31 pm wrote::smile:

Yes: On a positive note...........since I complain so much about other affairs here on the forum. The feature photo on the FRHS site was taken by me.

Ring my bell, ring my bell
yea, yea, yea
They heard it tell
I ring my bell. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well why not ring our bell once in awhile. If I looked at the right picture it is very appealing. The stone mansion with wrought iron near the border? Wish I could see it in person.

I wanted to quote this and accidently clicked on ignore, so imagine my shock to see I had ignored someone -- never had I done that in my posting history. I scrambled to figure out how to change that. Hahaaa
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes Patsy: What you say is true.

"why not ring our bell once in a while"

I am very difficult to please. But also, though I may feel positive about someone or something, I have never been one to freely pass out Kudos. Please understand, it's not an attempt to hold back, just that it is not in my nature to compliment. And, to compliment myself is just sinful.

Much of my criticism, disapproval or perceived attacks are really done to stimulate conversation. NEVER TO HURT ANYONE OR OFFEND. I try to be careful about that. That being said, at times the truth hurts and One is never sure. Negative imput usually stimulates other's emotions more than compliments. And I have noticed that the positive/negative quota on this Forum is probably 80 to 20, with the bigger number on the positive side.

Also, just because I am positive about something or like something does not give it worth or value. Just my opinion.

Ringing my own bell is not something I like to do. I always feel that praise, like love, should be offered freely. One should never ask for it or broadcast, "HEY, I'M HERE, I'M HERE, ISN'T IT GREAT.

After all, I'm no Sally Fields.