Thursday Tours in Fairhaven, June through September

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

FairhavenGuy

Thursday Tours in Fairhaven, June through September

Post by FairhavenGuy »

I'll be guiding these Thursday tours all summer, weather permitting. If you're in the area, please stop by.

Henry Huttleston Rogers Tour
Thursdays, June 4 through September 24
Starts at Visitors Center, 43 Center St., Fairhaven
10:00 a.m.

This tour outlines the life of Fairhaven’s benefactor, Standard Oil Company millionaire Henry Huttleston Rogers (1840-1909) and his generosity to his home town. The tour includes visits inside two of the Rogers buildings—the Town Hall and the Millicent Library—as well as exterior viewing of Rogers’ boyhood home, the Unitarian Memorial Church, Our Lady’s Haven, Rogers School and the Masonic Building. Sponsored by the Office of Tourism. Free. For more information: 508-979-4085.

Fort Phoenix Minuteman Tour
Thursdays, June 4 through September 24
Starts at Hurricane Barrier, Fort St., Fairhaven
2:00 p.m.

Listen to an authentically dressed colonial militiaman tell stories of the history of Fort Phoenix from the Revolutionary War through the Civil War. Then watch him unpack his haversack and blanket roll to explain the equipment and supplies that a militia volunteer had to carry with him when on alert. This tour is interesting to children as well as adults. Tour includes flintlock musket firing demonstration. Tour lasts about 75 minutes. Sponsored by the Office of Tourism. Free. For more information: 508-979-4085.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
JoAnne

Post by JoAnne »

Chris, I hope Barbara, Kristin and I can come visit Fairhave again over the summer. It is really a beautiful little Town . The last visit was a rather chilly and windy day if you remember. I bet it is spectacular in the summer. If anyone has not gone to Fairhaven and taken the tour with Chris ....you must and are in for a treat!