The Eagle+Dinner-Theatre

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

nbcatlover

The Eagle+Dinner-Theatre

Post by nbcatlover »

Hello, Fall Riverites!

Do you have more information?

A friend of mine heard a radio advertisement for dinner-theatre at The Eagle Restaurant in Fall River. She said they are doing a play on LIzzie. Does anyone have more info?

Regards-Cynthia
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

Lizzie Borden Live will be performing two shows at the Eagle in Fall River, June 20 and June 21 (at 3PM). Shelley has blogged about it and I plan to do so when it is closer to the date.

Lizzie Borden in Fall River on Father's Day. oooh la la!
Read Mondo Lizzie!
https://lizzieandrewborden.com/MondoLizzie/

Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Thanks, Stef. I looked at Shelley's blog to find out ticket prices. I have to look at my work schedule-sure hope I can go.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

The owner of the Eagle's bldg has done some renovating inside the former club and restaurant and what remains now should make for a very nice small theatre venue for Lizzie Borden Live. There will also be a trolley tour of Lizzie sites on the Saturday at 5 p.m. and some of our Muttoneaters will be aboard and posing artistically at #92 and then greeting arrivals at the Eagle. Dr. Dolan has a new suit for the occasion and I believe even Alice Russell is planning to attend and Bridget too if she can get the night off.. Doors open at 6:30. For more read the article at this link http://lagoagallery.org/ Just waiting for the 3 p.m. matinee to be confirmed definitely. There will be a light buffet and cash bar before the show. This week there is a large article in The Spirit coming either Wednesday or Thursday and some local radio to come.
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Thanks for the update, Shelley!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

The Fall River Herald has two nice articles about the upcoming performance of Lizzie Borden Live including one about the Mutton Eaters, a group made up of many forum members here http://www.heraldnews.com/news/x2122537 ... or-history
We are planning for some memorable times Saturday night manning the trolley tours, posing artistically at the house, and mingling with guests at the play. Should adults be having so much fun?- certainly!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Great news! Extra seating is being installed at the old Eagle- because the play has SOLD OUT!! The press and radio coverage have been superb- and best news of all- Lizzie will return in August! The Mutton Eaters are preparing for the great event-here is a list of the "characters" listed on the Mutton Eater website who will be attending:

The old Eagle restaurant has been beautifully converted for the occasion and a flock of Mutton Eaters will descend to be on hand to meet and greet playgoers in the lobby and man the trolleys which will circulate among the restaurants and Lizzie sites around town. . Dr. Dolan has a new derby hat for the occasion and Mrs. Borden will be circulating with a tray of hors d’oeuvres and tips for flaky pie crust! Alice Russell, Bridget Sullivan, Emma Borden, Mrs. Bowen, and Mrs. Churchill will all have something to say about everything, and undertaker, Mr. Winward will be glancing over the crowd for prospective future business! Best news of all- Miss Lizzie Borden Live will be returning in August- that all-important month!!

And a very nice article in the Fall River Spirit. http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc ... /906180393
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Am just leaving for what promises to be a fun weekend for Lizzie and Fall River. I am so appreciative for this forum for introducing me to some of this weekend's "cast" of Borden-related characters who will come to life this weekend at the performance. Most of our cast has come together from the interaction on the forum and you will recognize some of our frequent posters in costume when the photos are posted Sunday night. What a great thing- the internet and the forum here, for bringing together people of similar interests and talents. I would never have had the privilege of meeting many of the gang even 10 years ago.

The show is sold out and this weekend is eagerly anticipated by so many in the city. Enthusiasm is contagious! Tonight, the old house on Second Street will be abuzz as we try on our costumes, practice our lines, and try out our coiffures- and I know we will be thinking of all the gang here and wishing there was a way to spirit everyone to Fall River to enjoy the fun. It looks link a repeat in August, for which I am ecstatic. We are all planning on taking MANY photos of the weekend to share as we endeavor to live in 1892 for 48 hours. Happy yesterdays!
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Ted, Lorraine, Ellen, Joann, Kristin, Barbara, Andrew, Shelley (f).a.k.a.
Dr. Dolan, Alice Russell, Mrs. Bowen, Mrs. Churchill, Bridget Sullivan, Emma Borden, Mr. Winward and Abby Borden
What a wonderful evening for Lizzie Borden Live and Fall River. The weather was sublime, the trolley rides were a popular feature buzzing all around town to various dinner spots and watering holes, the Eagle renovation looked amazing for its Grand Re-Opening as an event and arts center, and the house was packed! The play was a smash and will BE RETURNING the second week of August. Jill was superb as ever. Here are a few photo to share with lots more to follow. The Mayor was there in the front row, and the forum Mutton Eaters got to take a bow. What a perfect way to celebrate Lizzie homecoming to the day! You will recognize a few familiar faces.
Dennis, Stef and Michael (Fall River Historical Society).
Mutton Eaters with Stef
Ready to man the trolleys
Leeann and Friend
More photos and anecdotes and slide shows tomorrow- a good time was had by all.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes, nice photos Shelley :!:

WOW, check out those guns on Leeann. I'm impressed. One swing and she could probably knock your block off.

Michael's no pushover either.......:roll:

Great shots.

Ahhh..........no thank-you Leeann. I already have one.

:study:
Harry

Post by Harry »

GREAT photos, Shelley! Looks like you all had a fun time. Loved the costumes.

Drat, I wish I could have been there.

It's nice to see that the play was a smash and supported by the community.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Thanks Harry- I was so proud of everyone-we had so much fun. It was a perfect evening all around. I was sitting back by the kitchen waiting for a tray to pass, munching a cracker noisily when the Mayor walked by and bent over to shake my hand. I was surprised and the cracker crumbled right out of my mouth (I probably also had cilantro in my front teeth). He walked on by and said good-naturedly "Oh! Well, I'll just say hello". I could have died! Later he was speaking with Lee Ann and I decided to try again. He said "Oh yes- I remember you- the cracker lady- I probably would have been doing the same thing back there"- I died again. But he posed for a photo with me and asked me who I was supposed to be that night.

The gang looked great. I took Nadieja (Lorriane)'s husband Ted who plays William "Bill" Dolan to St. Pat's to see his inspiration- we called it Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure! The costumes were wonderful- we worked hard on them, and Barbara's sister Ellen Borden was there as Mrs. Bowen. We picked up a new Mutton Eater at the bash, and it was great to be introduced from the stage for a bow, and to get some photos taken. Guests joined in the fun. I have a slide show up at Warps and Wefts(link below) and I will try to embed it also here. Today we are tired but pleased for Jill, the Eagle and Fall River.

http://www.slide.com/r/tMzCXzKOzj_dFD6R ... w=original
[slideshow id=576460752350733636&w=426&h=320]
Kat

Post by Kat »

That's some great stuff there you guys! Hooray!Image
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

The play will be repeated August 7 and 8 (Fri and Sat) at the Eagle. This is re-enactment week for us at the house on the Tuesday so I am uncertain if the gang can do THAT much Lizzie in one week! :shock: :!:
Can one get too much Lizzie in one week- yeah, I think so.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

A few more nice shots of the new Eagle interiors and a few of the house and trolley and some of the "characters" from the forum in a new slide show here . http://sanctaflora.wordpress.com/ Pix by Nadieja a.k.a. Alice Russell and Lorriane.