August 4th 2009 Re-Enactments

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

kssunflower

Post by kssunflower »

The Maplecroft group photo is great. Matthew Brady would be jealous!
"To wives and sweethearts - may they never meet."
Barbara

Re-emactment

Post by Barbara »

Jeff, I am like you. I don't think I have ever had a picture taken of me that I actually like. There is one exception, this 4Th. there is of me facing the monument, it is a great shot of my back. I had a great time, with great friends. It does go by too darn fast, all the preparations and anticipation, then poof it's over. It would be fun,not actually the right word, to do the day of the actual funeral. Can you see the entourage, the horses, the caskets, the mouners. I wonder if the city would approve something like that. We could all dress in our best black and go to Oak Grove.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Now that's some good photo Jeff! Lorraine's photos have some great candid shots and a particularly wonderful photo of the delivery window on the back porch of Maplecroft.Thanks Lorraine. Tomorrow night Barbara's pix. New slides from Lorraine at our site http://pearessentialproductions.org/
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

That one is actually not too too bad. I was just watching everybody else when Ted stated snapping at me
Barbara

re-enactment

Post by Barbara »

Jeff, You really are a handsome guy, don't knock yourself. :smile:
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Shelley or Lorraine, you have to post those pics of Maplecroft from Lorraine's slide show. I would love to be able to save some of them and they can't be saved from the slide show. There are views I have never seen before. I have always thought that the view of maplecroft from the back showed an ugly chimney and I questioned Lizzie's wisdom for having such a monstrosity built, but when I saw the view from actualy up on the back porch, the chimney is really a beautiful stone privacy wall. AWESOME!, and the view of the dining room from outside at that angle, I have never seen that before....again...AWESOME! All the pics of you guys at Maplecroft are great. Please post some of them here on the forum so they can be saved by who ever wants them.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Steve, it is very easy to save them for personal viewing. Under the slide show are three little boxes- click on View All Images, then click on the one you want and it will enlarge. then RIGHT click on the mouse and SAVE to your own computer. Another easy way if you want a very BIG file photo is to simple click on the photo you want when it goes by on your screen, then it will open by itself, click again for a BIG photo, right click your mouse and SAVE. Easy as pie. Needless to say, all of these photos are for personal use.We had to get permission to shoot these.
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Maybe I am just not computer literate but I did try what you said Shelly and when I right clicked on the emlarged version of a photo it didn't give me any option to save it.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

You have to right click the right side of your mouse and a drop down menu should say among other things "Save Picture As". I am assuming you have a PC. I know NOTHING about Apple stuff. I just sent you a PM with more info.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Barbara's memory album is up at http://pearessentialproductions.org/
Barbara gets some good candid shots after we have had some Beringers and wine coolers and we forget whose hat we have on! Or we are so tired we don't know what day it is! here are three of my favs from Barbara's shots. Little Kathryn stole the show! She is our Lizzie-in-training.

Oh that Dr. Dolan sure gets around!! Here he is romancing Mrs. Churchill next to the Swift House. Naughty man! :shock:
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Shame on you Dr. Dolan.......and right under Lizzie's nose too. :shock:
stargazer

Post by stargazer »

I love the pictures, but my dial up takes forever. I love the one at Maplecroft with the lady looking toward the blue house. The flowers are beautiful, too. I feel like I am delightfully caught up in a time warp.
Neglect is a one way street to nowhere
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

Thanks- actually that's me looking out towards the beautiful blue house on Belmont street. I was thinking of Lizzie feeding her squirrels out there. We have had so much rain this summer that all of the flowers and lawns are lush. Those pink flowers are impatiens- and they like partial shade which they get on the porch. Sadly the engraved B which used to be on the back door to the kitchen was smashed when the glass was broken by vandals but I recall it from when I first saw it in 1992. I try to frame photos without any modern points of contemporary reference so I can escape and pretend for a little while too. :smile:
joe1956

It was a dream come true!

Post by joe1956 »

Now that I am back home and getting ready to return to my 8th-grade classroom for my 28th year (sigh), I must tell every member of the Pear Essential Players how kind, generous, and giving you are. It was a dream come true for me to play Uncle John on August 4th! A more talented group of reenactors does not exist. I tried to do my best, but I was so dazzled by everyone, it was sometimes difficult to stay in character. I am honored to have been a part of this amazing group. Thank you for making it such fun. I just want to send out a big hug to everyone. Please know that you made this Ohio Lizzie enthusiast's year! How many days is it until August 4, 2010? :)
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

It will be here before you know it! And I cannot ever recall a better Uncle John. Thanks, Joe- you done Morse proud. We will miss you this weekend when the Mutton Eaters cinch up our corsets and set off for the Eagle to see Jill do her stuff. Mr. Winward has a new black mourning suit- without the corset, of course. :smile:
Nadzieja

Post by Nadzieja »

You added so much to they group I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say it was truly a pleasure to have met you, and that we enjoyed your company as well. You gave 110% to everything, not just your costume but your acting. One time when you asked "Lizzie are you alright", you had such concern in your face I wanted to hug you & say I'm ok, how about you? Then when I looked at Mrs. Churchill, and Mrs. Bowen with her trusty tea & toast in hand all I could think of was if Lizzie had true friends like these her life would have been enriched.
Thank you for making such a long trip, and will enjoy seeing you the next time you come out this way.
Just remember, if your having a bad day---WWLD, What Would Lizzie DO?
Barbara

reenactment

Post by Barbara »

Hi Joe, We were the lucky ones. We now have a GREAT Uncle John and a new friend, you. One of the problems that the PEP players have is the infrequency of our get togethers. I am fortunate to live so close and I enjoy every opportunity I have to go to the house. It would have been so much fun to have you here this Friday and Saturday. We will be thinking of you.