Fall River Rising Photo Exhibit

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Shelley

Fall River Rising Photo Exhibit

Post by Shelley »

It was a great evening for the supporters of Fall River Rising with the opening of a new exhibit at 73 Columbia Street in the Lotus Rising building.
The building houses a great gallery on the ground floor of a busy street. There are plans to make it into a gallery- coffee house where local artists can hang their work for sale.
Marc Belanger of Taunton, Gabrielle Charbonneau, Al Lima and I had some works chosen for this exhibit featuring waterscapes, buildings, and quintessentially Fall Riverscapes. Of course I had to slip in plenty of Painted Ladies. :grin:
It was so great meeting some of the owners of these houses and receiving invitations to see them inside (after years of sighing over the fence with a camera).
Local politicians, politician hopefuls, folks off the street and a large continent from the preservation community popped in and out all evening and there was much hopeful conversation about good things happening in the city. Len Rebello and Stef you may recognize in the crowd!
The show runs through August 23rd- come in if you are in town!
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Awesome!
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
JoAnne

Post by JoAnne »

Mama Ewe takes the stage again with another phenomenal talent. :smiliecolors: We should all be so blessed!
Susan

Post by Susan »

Very cool! Wish I could be there to see all the great photos, it looks like a neat exhibet!
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
kfactor

Post by kfactor »

I second that, JoAnne!

If you are in the Fall River area, take the time to stop by this exhibit - the photos are beautiful!