Fall River Maps

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Fargo

Fall River Maps

Post by Fargo »

I have been purchasing laminated fold up road maps on line, they are called; Easy to Fold and Easy Finder.

These maps are much easier to use than the old kind of map. They are very handy when you are driving. I used some of them when I went on vacation last Fall. You just fold it to the section you want and there you are. No paper bunching up.

I am thinking that these maps are slow to catch on because I can only find them for some places, many places do not seem to have them yet. Does anyone know if Fall River has them ?
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

I think I know the sort of map your talking about Fargo. I have not seen them. I'm sure there are none of the fall river area. There may be some of other places in Massachusetts. (?) But, I have not seen them.

There's this mega-magazine store up the road in Swansea that I frequent.(You know, the one where Lizzie picked up her copy of "Victorian Fisherwoman Magazine.) They have a very large selection of maps and atlases from all over the country. Last time I looked there was 3 years ago when planning to visit Nova Scotia.

Next time I visit the magazine store I will look. But I'm sure that the last map published on fall river was in 1885.......(?)

:study:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Thanks Mbhenty.

I don't know if they had that type of map for Nova Scotia when you looked 3 years ago but they have it now, I just got one last week.

With the paper map, if you look at it in the car while waiting for the street light to change, by the time you find your place on the map the light has already changed and you have to go.

I got my paper map of Fall River and the surrounding area from a gas station right after I arrived in town. I was so excited to be there that I walked off without paying for it. The attendant called after me. When I walked up to him to see what he wanted he said "those things cost money"

I started laughing very hard and I explained it to him that in my excitment that I forgot about paying for it. Then I paid him.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Well, my latest road maps arrived in the mail. I now have individual laminated road maps of; Maine, Massachussets, and New England.

I have combination laminated road maps of Connecticut, Rhode Island and New Hampshire, Vermont.

I couldn't find a laminated map of Saskatchewan in Canada, I had to get one from the U.S.