fall river, fires

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

fall river, fires

Post by mbhenty »

The old Parker Candy Mill burnt down yesterday. It was a small two story mill building just off Quequechan and Alden Street up the Flint End of the city.

As a child we played around in this mill yard.

The famous Parker Candy mill sign, painted on the side of the building, has been there most of my life. It could be seen from route 195 on the right side of the highway as one returned from New Bedford heading West.

The building is a total loss. It stood just behind the Wampanoag Mill No. 1. The Wampanoag building is huge, and luckily still standing and escaped damage.

Good bye Parker>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SteveS.

Re: fall river, fires

Post by SteveS. »

That is just sad. I remember that sign so well. I remember my dad having business there when I was a kid and being parked right in front of the Parker Candy sign. In my silly childish mind I pictured inside to be where all the candy for Christmas was made by Santa's elves that lived in the Fall River area.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."