Eye candy in and around the bay...

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

Eye candy in and around the bay...

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes, some photos from the bay.

Below is an interesting shot for you David Anthony fans!

This is a photo of his former summer home on Bay Point Road at Gardner's Neck in Swansea.

The other photo is the view as seen from the house itself......what David gazed at on a cool breezy Swansea afternoon.

This is an uncommon view of the back of the home, taken from the deck of my boat and as seen from the water.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, more photos, some of fall river, vistas and sights from the bay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

more:

the last photo is of the fall river skyline as seen from the middle of battleship cove. You can see the black tower of Lizzie's CC Church in the middle of the shot. I took the liberty of modifying and playing with the image, coming up with the cartoon portrayal.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Two more.

These two photos were taken on a trip up Long Island Sound on my small 22 foot Cape Dory sailboat.

Some day I may sail up and down the east coast for an entire summer taking photos of Lighthouses. Love these dear little structures. Very little in life is as romantic as a view of a lighthouse from sea.

One of the photos, the close up, is the Fisher Island Light south of Noank Ct. Between Fisher Is. and Ram Is. The other is of Watch Hill Light on the South West coast of R.I. at Westerly.
patsy

Post by patsy »

Very nice photos, and it is neat to see the back view of the Anthony house. Thank you for sharing. Love lighthouses and love the pictures!
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, thanks Patsy......

My interest in the Borden saga is generally limited to the crime itself, so side stories such as Nance and Anthony hold little appeal to me. But, none-the-less all of it is very note worthy.

Thus the back of the Anthony house is an image rarely seen by the interested public. Funny to note that the front of the house was painted but the back left naked.

Below are a couple of more images of the Anthony house. If you look closely you can make out the letter "A" embedded with white stones on the front porch. Wonderful property. Probably worth about a million. More than half of that for the location. The views are spectacular.

:study:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

more: :smile:
Tina-Kate

Post by Tina-Kate »

Thanks MB.

Wonderful house, but looking a little worse for wear.

Or maybe it's the salt air that does it?

O to have a LOT of money & fix up these Victorian gems!
“I am innocent. I leave it to my counsel to speak for me.”
—Lizzie A. Borden, June 20, 1893
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Tina-Kate

Driving down Bay Point Road one gets the idea that the old Brayton residence is one of the oldest home on the road. Bay Point Road is the most exclusive street in Swansea with about 20 homes on the bay or overlooking the water.

I can only guess on how much property on Bay Point Road belonged to David Brayton. Today it is still the largest property on that road and encompasses about 5 or 6 acres on the water.

If you look at the map below you can make out the Brayton property today.

In the close up map below you can see the Brayton house just to the upper left. The property runs from just to the left of the house (little garage) all the way to the pool on the right, including the large grove of trees, down to the large bump that jets out into the bay.

Now, studying this map one can see what appears to be a remnant of an old dock or man made nub of land that jets out into the bay a bit. This is on the Brayton property. Did David Anthony have a yacht there? Good chance. A man with a motorcycle living on the water must have had a boat.

Would it not be grand if we could dig up some old photos.....! Any David Brayton fans here who may expound on this?

:study: