PAPA fall river

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

mbhenty

PAPA fall river

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:

With the emphasis on fall river, not religion.

Seán Patrick O'Malley, a once fall river Bishop is being considered for Papa.

Long shot to none, but his name keeps coming up.

A short story about where Sean O' Malley lived. There's a picture below of the home in Fall River where the Bishop lives. You can see the Hooper House in the background, only two properties away from MAPLECORFT. The house was built by Charles M Shove, owner of the Shove Mills. There were two Shoves. One was Charles M. and the other Charles O. Father and son, I suppose.

I was walking my Scottie and Wheaten along Highland Ave. It was very late, perhaps one in the morning. The dogs loved walking along the lush parochial grass. Understand...I would walk along the sidewalk and the dogs would scurry off, on a leash, along the grass edge of the church property.....me, with doggie-do-do bag in hand—ready. Suddenly the sprinklers came on. (yes god has sprinklers. Must have trouble with his rain machine) I had to pull the dogs away so they didn't get too wet.

After I had passed the property the sprinkler system tunred off. They were on for just a minute or two. I looked back at the house and someone was in the window.

I believe someone in that house (the Bishop?) turned the sprinklers on me and the dogs.

Was it the future Pope?

Now, not everyone has a Pope story to tell. :lol:
mbhenty

Re: PAPA fall river

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Wow, that is a cool story! You're right, not everyone has a Pope story. I loved reading yours! :grin:
In remembrance of my beloved son:
"Vaya Con Dios" (Spanish for: "Go with God"), by Anne Murray ( https://tinyurl.com/y8nvqqx9 )
“God has you in heaven, but I have you in my heart.” ~ TobyMac (https://tinyurl.com/rakc5nd )
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:

Thank you twinsrwe. Happy you liked it. Yes!

Now to elaborate further on the Papa thing.

I have Lizzie Borden's connection to the Pope. Or at least my twist on it.

Of course, you heard of the seven degrees of separation?

Okay!

Let's take the Bishop's home on Highland Ave. in Fall River which I spoke about in the post above. We know that the Fall River Bishop was on a long list for POPE.....

Okay, here's LIZZIE'S connection to the POPE

One of Lizzie Borden's best friends was ELLEN SHOVE. Ellen went to Europe with Lizzie and her cousins, if you remember.

Here goes :arrow:

Lizzie's Borden's good fiend Ellen, had a brother Charles, who lived in the Charles M. Shove house, which later became the home of a Bishop who lived in the Shove house and who was considered for POPE.

Cool> What's that? Four degrees of separation? :lol: :lol:

Charles M Shove lived at that Highland Ave. home. His sister Ellen lived next door with her parents and father Charles O. Shove.

So, Ellen lived a little more than a block away from LIZZIE. :shock:

I Wonder if they talked. They had no choice but to run into each other.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:

A little eye candy.

Below is a section of the 1883 fall river map. (click on it to make it big)

If you look up on the left hand upper corner you can see where C.M. Shove is living in 1883. I believe he is the fellow that built the Bishop property which stands at the Highland Ave. location today.

Now if you look over to the right on the map you can see Leonard Underwood property. (just off center right/lower) That would later become the Charles M. Shove house. Not the same building. Charles M. Shove must have built new. Now right above the old L. Underwood property you can see Mrs. C. O. Shove property. I assume that Mr. Shove was probably dead by then. That is where Ellen Shove lived.

Now if you travel to the bottom of the map just to the left you can see French Street. Find the Hooper house. To the left of that is the Kenny House. (Davenport house.) To the left of that is an empty lot. That's where MAPLECROFT is today. Between the Kenny house and the Swift house.

And that's my history lesson for today.

:study:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.