92 Second Street

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Kat

92 Second Street

Post by Kat »

A natural digital photo of the Borden house after dusk in March, 2004.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark A.

Post by Mark A. »

I wish that they would tear down that Leary Press building attached to the side of Miss Lizzie's humble abode. It just doesn't fit. It's like a marble stuck in the side of a Rubik's cube!
Mark A.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

Mark A. @ Today - 01:32 pm wrote:I wish that they would tear down that Leary Press building attached to the side of Miss Lizzie's humble abode. It just doesn't fit. It's like a marble stuck in the side of a Rubik's cube!
I agree, but I think if that Leary Press addition hadn't been stuck on, giving the place a commercial use, the whole house would be gone today. Look at the rest of the street. . .
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

Kat I love your avatar (new word for me)!
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Nice Picture Kat. I am borrowing a digital camera from the history department at school to take with me when I go to Fall River this week. I hope I can figure out how to use it.

Tracy...
Kat

Post by Kat »

Nancie- I thought you were Stef! That Mona Lisa is her Admin face!-- Thanks- I know you like pansys.

theebmonique, is the camera compatible with your computer to download?

I wanted to make an AD for the B&B. I almost cropped The Leary Press but I thought "Oh well, we can handle the reality..." In my lifetime that's all I've ever physically seen. I can imagine how you, Mark, would see that as upsetting considering all the Fall River landmarks you've seen lost in your family's lifetime. :sad: :sad:
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Kat, I am not sure if the camera is compatible with my PC at home, but I know it is with some laptops we have at school. If nothing else, I can download the pics at school and send them to myself. Then I can save them on a CD...I think. BUT FIRST, I have to figure how how to TAKE the pictures on this camera. I guess it also takes movies. Sometimes I can be techno-challenged.

Tracy...
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Tracy....

Is that you in your avatar?

How delightful you look-- and such a devlish smile.
We better be careful around you!
Kimberly

Re: 92 Second Street

Post by Kimberly »

edit
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Yes Auds...that is me. I am trying to bring big hair back...one can of hairspray at a time !

Tracy...
Kat

INSIDE OAK GROVE

Post by Kat »

Stef took this pic from inside Oak Grove Cemetery. I showed a similar view before but not this one. Please note especially, the buildings inside the gate. I believe one of these was probably "The Ladies Waiting Room" which Harry found in that news item- where the Borden's were autopsied the second time before burial, and where their heads were removed!

please click on picture.
BTW: Oak Grove is now open 24 hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

That sure is an eerie picture, I don't even remember that arch. We drove in on a tour-trolly
on a bright August day and my impression was it
was a lovely cemetery. (as cemeterie's go)
PS Kat: I didn't know Stefani already picked Mona,
I'm going to change it today since I have some time
to fool around on computer
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

WOW...if Oak Grove is open 24/7 now, that means we can visit Lizzie's grave at night now huh ? I hope I can keep this new found bravery until the end of this week...

Tracy...
Kat

Post by Kat »

:lol:
Nancie your Avatar is hilarious! The other one is good too. Anybody can use it. I just had to be extra-careful to check the name.

I was just looking at that picture of The Scream last week on the Arborwood Poster site because I wanted some "fine art" for my screen saver.

Yes, Tracie, I just found that out about Oak Grove. resident's can't figure out why it's not guarded. Maybe they have cameras now? If one gate is not open, I've been assured another is.
I would like to have known that when we were there because I kept thinking we would be locked i!! It added a sense of urgency!
:grin:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Your wish is my command.
:cheers:
The Leary Press s gone and the Barn is back.

Any more wishes? :alcohol:
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oh you did all that, Fargo? :grin:
Thanks!

BTW: Where ya been?
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I have looked in here and there, but I have been busy at home. Family matters shall we say.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
Shelley

Post by Shelley »

You've been missed! The cemetery is being locked now at dusk. One of the neighbors outside the gate will call the police if it is not done. I guess he got tired of kids zooming through late at night and had concerns about "drug-trafficking" which he thought was going on in the back part late at night. Too bad for us- I used to like to stroll through after dark. Yes- it is NOT fun to be locked in- thank goodness for cell phones!