Another article on the B&B

This is the place to discuss the city and the locality of the murders and the surrounding area --- both present and past.

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Harry

Another article on the B&B

Post by Harry »

This one in the Calgary Sun. Nice photo of Eleanor Thibault.

http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/nive ... 8.html&a=1
Allen

Post by Allen »

Wow Harry, you are good at finding those articles on the B&B. I enjoy reading every one of them :grin:. Have you any more news of the new owners and the renovations? I can hardly wait to see the house once they have completed their restorations.
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Harry

Post by Harry »

Allen @ Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:00 pm wrote:Have you any more news of the new owners and the renovations? I can hardly wait to see the house once they have completed their restorations.
Thanks Melissa, I like exploring for new items.

I'll leave the news on the house renovations to the owners themselves. I'm sure Lee-Ann will keep us up to date on the progress.
Lee-ann

Post by Lee-ann »

Thanks for finding that article Harry. I was wondering when it was going to come out....As far as renovations go, we're still waiting on the contractor (and the weather) to get started on Leary.......We just put a new carpet in the Andrew & Abby suite...no more psychodelec rug!.....Those who have seen it KNOW what I mean.
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

Hey Lee-ann! Don't know if you remember me or not, but this is Ben, a group of my friends and myself stayed over August 13th. (It was my second time). Thanks for the christmas card - we got a kick out of it, and it was nice of you and the staff to send it. Hope everybody had a nice Christmas. I was just wondering, do you think the house is haunted? Have you experiences anything or has Donald? We talked about Lizzie's case, but never about the whole haunted thing. I think the house has siprits in it, but not evil. After physical experiences and pictures returned to me, I think the house is haunted. There is one picture I am planning on sending you guys in Bridgette's room. Lots of orbs were found and confirmed by TRIPRG.

I can't wait to come back and see the changes you've made to the inn! We like to go every Fri the 13th (a date everyone remembers) but my prom is on that day (go figure) but we'll work something out before that. I know what you mean by the rug in the guestroom... LOL

On an interesting note, I think we were staying in the inn that night when BOA and his friend were there. We stayed in the LIzzie and Emma suite, and they were in the guestroom. We hung out with them most of the night, and I remember him saying he slept very well, but his girl was dissapointed they didn't see anything. They were supposed to go to Salem the next day, but I don't think they did. Unless there are two BOA's, I think that was them the above article was reffering to. Cool, huh?

Well, enough rambling for now. Have a great new Year's everybody! And Lee-ann, I'm very curious about you opinion if the inn's haunted or not. Bye!

Ben R
Le classe de français cinq a l'ecole Chariho rappèlent la voyage aux Québec. Le 24 avril - 29 2006
augusta

Post by augusta »

That was good, Harry! Thank you.

A hand on her shoulder ... :shock: I don't understand. Ms. Thibault thought he was telling her to be careful. Of being around that couch? Well, at least it was a friendly touch. Oh, God. I could not stand it if that happened to me. She has my respect for not screaming right there and then. I would think she would make an excellent tour guide (isn't she related to - is it "Ed" Thibault, who is a huge Lizzie collector?).