LIZZIE BORDEN THEACTRICAL RADIO BROADCAST!

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

same

LIZZIE BORDEN THEACTRICAL RADIO BROADCAST!

Post by same »

Have you ever heard the well acted audio version that clears Ms. Borden of the illfaited killings? I first heard it 24 years ago on WOR out of New York. Fascinating to say the least. There is a copy at auction on Ebay currently that will change your view of her guilt forever. Check out ebay reference # 3977686970. This will be the talk of Lizzie web sites in the near future!
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

This posting is the seller of the ebay article...

This is the 2nd posting on the forum directing us to the auction

viewtopic.php?t=1051
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Now there are THREE postings about this eBay item ! Over zealous or overkill ??? (pardon the pun).

In LAB there are 2 postings; 1 in the "has anyone thought about emma hiring the killers?" thread, and 1 in the "LIZZIE BORDEN RADIO BROADCAST" thread. AND...there is THIS thread...with the same name of the aforementioned thread.

Same...we get your messageS. If someone here should want to bid on your item, it seems they have have been given more than ample opportunity. Good Luck.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Well, this is the place for it.
At least they got the right section here, in The Second Street Second Hand Shop.

We have 4 radio plays on C-D. It's probably one of those.
One has Agnes Moorehead.

The thing about radio plays now-a-days is that they seem so simple and dated. The dialogue is campy and the melodrama is usually over the top.

They either knock me out sleepy or are hilarious.

I don't know which broadcast this seller is offering.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I have the Agnes Moorehead one, it's great !...(Thanks Harry !). Same...can you please give us any more details about the CD you are offering ?

Tracy...
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Anyone else notice that the seller keeps his/her feedback private?

Now that inspires confidence...

Much like his spamming us on the forum to solicit bids....
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Yes, Auds...it does make one wonder. It seems like the whole thing is maybe just a practical joke ?

Tracy...
stuartwsa

Post by stuartwsa »

Sounds all rather phantastic to me.
beckygoddess

Post by beckygoddess »

Has anyone noticed the seller has only one negative feedback after over FOURTEEN HUNDRED feebacks? That's pretty good. The "private" preference inhibits a potential buyer's ability to see what other items have been sold or purchased by this seller. I would like to be able to know if this person is "into" the Borden case as might be evidenced by Borden or Fall River related items - either bought or sold. Also the seller has been an ebay member for the past 6 years. A certain level of proficiency in writing item descriptions ought to present itself better than is shown after 6 years experience.

Also the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast is selling those white bricks on ebay - bricks from the recent demolition of The Leary Press. I wonder how many they saved for ebay sales because from the demolition photos at their website it looks like hundreds and hundreds of those white bricks.

Visiting the web site is worth is just to see the newly added pictures in the photo gallery. It is quite amazing to see the complete back side of the house fully exposed after all the decades of being "hidden". And I also noticed a little white house under construction in back of where the barn used to be. A modern cottage that can be booked? A way to add more rooms?
"We wanted her so and her life was just thrown away." - LAB letter to Amanda dated 8/8/1908
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hello!

I heard that the little extra building is part of a remodel job to that house behind on Third Street.
beckygoddess

Post by beckygoddess »

Really? But it looks like it's on the 92 Second Street property. Where did you that, if I may ask? Perhaps it is a "granny" house associated with the larger house, but I still think it's on the 92 Second Street property and I've heard they were going to build a separate gift shop within the re-constructed barn. But where did you hear what you did? :)
"We wanted her so and her life was just thrown away." - LAB letter to Amanda dated 8/8/1908
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I wonder if they will sell the same treasures and trinkets as they did before the remodeling ? T-shirts...hats...cups...glass pears...books. What else do they/will they have...anybody know ? I am headed there this summer...wanna make sure I have my Lizzie shopping list and $$ in hand !

Tracy...
Kat

Post by Kat »

Anyone can call them up and ask!
They are very nice, and receptive to phone calls, plus 4 at the house are members here!
508- 675- 7333
Kat

Post by Kat »

Tracy, Stef got (at the time) their last baseball hat with "Lizzie" written on it. It was beautiful and cool! :cool:
She deserved it too because she has a convertible!
Harry bought us hatchet keychains which are wonderful!
We wondered if they would clear security on the airline but at Logan everyone seemed to know what they were!
Little Lizzie Hatchets... :smile:
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I do need to add the hat to my Lizzie collection. I have t-shirts, cups, even the keychain...although having an extra one on hand is not a bad idea. I wish they made Lizzie playing cards !

Tracy...
Edisto

Post by Edisto »

Normally, I'm suspicious of anyone who keeps his/her feedback secret; however, there are a couple of real snakes in the Lizzie Borden "community" (one especially). I've known this person, who used to sell on eBay and maybe still does, to bid on items just to sabotage the auction and to buy from other sellers in order to leave negative feedback. It's pathetic that eBay can't or at least doesn't do something about such people until they've caused real damage. Anyway, that's one reason some sellers of Lizzie Borden items might be a bit gun shy. Once I was bidding on an item to be used in decorating a child's room and having nothing to do with the Borden case. I noticed that the opposing bidder was someone who was connected to this "snake." He bid the item up, so I quit bidding and went elsewhere. I was able to buy the item at a good price there, and my opposer never paid for the one he "won."
"To lose one parent...may be regarded as misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."
-Oscar Wilde ("The Importance
of Being Earnest," 1895)
beckygoddess

Post by beckygoddess »

I really haven't seen anything exceptionally interesting about Lizzie Borden or the case in general on eBay ever. So many "Goth" dolls and repeated listings of the same old recurring merchandise. Much more interesting is to find Fall River related items from the Victorian period or earlier. I love antique stores, museums, galleries, antique malls, flea markets, etc. and Fall River - and it's surrounding communities are a virtual treasure trove of things to find. We always plan on large purchases when we visit there. The "No. 16" Antique Mall (in an old mill factory building) in New Bedord is a must see, for those of you planning a visit. It's right off the highway, I think the last turnoff before Fairhaven.
augusta

Post by augusta »

The bobble-head dolls are very good. And newly created merchandise on eBay is neat. I have a mousepad, a bumper sticker, magnets, and much more. Really fun stuff.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I have purchased many fine things from Stefani, and from the CafePress site. Serious things and fun things. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !

http://www.lizzieandrewborden.com/BordenBooks/index.htm
http://www.cafepress.com/lizzieborden

Tracy...
pigeonsandpears

Post by pigeonsandpears »

I bought the CD from the seller who started this topic. I got it yesterday. It is from the CBS Radio Mystery Theatre from 1981. It is hosted by E.G. Marshall and is about a Fall River reporter who is the great grandson of one of the judges on the Borden trial who is out to prove Lizzie was innocent. The reporter and his girlfriend are out on a hike or something and they find a hatchet. The reporter gets it in his head that this is the murder weapon and has it sent to the FRPD to be tested. I won't go into too much detail, but he does prove Lizzie innocent of the murders. The reporter mentions the murders being 90 years old.

It is 45 minutes long and is interesting, a little over the top, but interesting.

BTW, After I did some research on the show I found out this program is still protected by copyright. I doubt the seller if the copyright holder because the commercial breaks are cut out rather crudely and the quality of the recording is not exactly top notch, but it is still nice to hear it.