Selling the Knowlton Papers

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

msmith625

Selling the Knowlton Papers

Post by msmith625 »

Hi,

I'm a former member of the old Lizzie forum at darkrose and I just thought I'd give the folks here a heads-up that I'm currently selling a few books on EBay:

The Lizzie Borden Sourcebook (Ends June 21)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

The Knowlton Papers (Ends June 24)

If anybody has any questions about either of these items past what I've written in the item descriptions, please feel free to PM me or use the EBay question service.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

When I just checked out The Knowlton Papers, the high bidder was biddercritter2. Now where have I seen that name before?
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)
Nancie

Post by Nancie »

and i wonder who msmith is?
msmith625

Post by msmith625 »

I assure you, I'm not, well...Her.

Those of you who posted at the darkrose board years ago may remember me as Frikkie68?
Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur...
augusta

Post by augusta »

No, sorry, don't remember you. If you are not Faye, stay on board and you can learn and share a lot.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Interesting - Looking at "biddercritter2"'s feedback, check out the two negative posts from "misterfris" on page 8.

Check out the 2 negative feedbacks on "misterfris"'s record.

Most interesting ... ah, I gotta PM this one. Sorry.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Yes, I saw that too. What a winner...
Nona

Post by Nona »

mssmith 625-----------

Just wanted to say thank you if your reading this...and hi! It's me Nona!! The buyer of your sourcebook:) It's wonderful I can't wait to read it!
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Yea Nona ! I need to get that one too.

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Nona

Post by Nona »

I've been gone a bit.but I've been stalking up on buying Lizzie Books. I have a stack to read.I really wish I would have won those knowlton papers but I was outbit.fair and square:) Im also working on getting faster internet so my fingers can type away...on all the Lizzie thoughts I have in my head!!:)

Your up late monique:) I think i might have out bid you on something a while back by the way.I saw your name.Im sorry
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

I am wrestling with insomnia tonight. I can really relate to the STRESS of trying to get the Knowlton Papers. But keep at it Nona...be tenacious. You will get your copy eventually !

Tracy...
Nona

Post by Nona »

Me to Up late.I wanted to catch up I think I'll go read the rest of my book Im currently in the middle of the Victoria Lincon book.....If I remember right that's one of the ones you like correct? Make some nice hot tea.that might help:) Night.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

It's not that I liked the Lincoln book...but I did read it. We discussed it in a few past threads. Lincoln just took too many liberties with what information she had on this case. Since you have started it...finish it. Then you will know why we sometimes refer to her as "Slicktoria Lincoln", or why the phrase "That's a Lincolnism" makes sense.

Tracy...
Nona

Post by Nona »

LOL. I have noticed she startesd out so strong.....he truley believes one thing but then 20 pages later she will either conterdict what she said.or yes.find some way to "twist" something to make it fit..still being a condridiction ( I base the facts on THE REBELLO:). Im not done yet though Im taking notes though and will post a thread later on about it. Hope yo got to sleep:)
Allen

Post by Allen »

theebmonique @ Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:33 am wrote:It's not that I liked the Lincoln book...but I did read it. We discussed it in a few past threads. Lincoln just took too many liberties with what information she had on this case. Since you have started it...finish it. Then you will know why we sometimes refer to her as "Slicktoria Lincoln", or why the phrase "That's a Lincolnism" makes sense.

Tracy...
When it comes to authors taking liberties with the facts, I'm not quite sure why everyone wants to jump on Lincoln's back like that. Yes, she did get a little creative with the facts in some areas. Most authors do try to use the evidence to support their own theories. And it's a good thing I guess that they do it. Otherwise every book written about Lizzie would be the same, or interchangeable for the most part, and we would only need to read one. But other than that she did give the best account of the murders so far as I'm concerned. I think all of the authors who wrote about Lizzie, most of them probably took some liberties with the facts. They take the facts and use them to support their theories of the murders. Look at Arnold Brown. Look at Spiering, I can't even finish his book it's so full of inconsistancies. Look at the Legend of Lizzie Borden and how much b***shit was in that movie that probably never happened, and that they had no evidence to support their claims with. I think Lincoln, even with her liberties, wrote a better book about the murders than most authors, save Porter. If you want a book with no liberties taken, then stick with Rebello and the Sourcebook.
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Melissa,

Maybe I feel about Lincoln the way you say you feel about Spiering. It's OK. I do understand about authors putting their'spin' on things. I don't HAVE to have/read 'facts only' books on Lizzie. It's just that I believe A LOT of the 'details' Lincoln wrote were, as you say, "b***shit". We all have our likes and dislikes, preferences, etc. which it comes to things about this case. If you like what she wrote about the murders, fine. If I don't, that's fine too. Maybe this is a "we have to agree to disagree" thing.

Tracy...
Allen

Post by Allen »

theebmonique @ Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:41 pm wrote:Melissa,

Maybe I feel about Lincoln the way you say you feel about Spiering. It's OK. I do understand about authors putting their'spin' on things. I don't HAVE to have/read 'facts only' books on Lizzie. It's just that I believe A LOT of the 'details' Lincoln wrote were, as you say, "b***shit". We all have our likes and dislikes, preferences, etc. which it comes to things about this case. If you like what she wrote about the murders, fine. If I don't, that's fine too. Maybe this is a "we have to agree to disagree" thing.

Tracy...
I always agree to disagree with anyone who doesn't share my views. What else is there to do, I'm not the only one who is entitled to have an opinion. I don't think mine is any more important than someone else's. So if I don't agree with someone, I automatically will agree to disagree in most cases. I won't say I won't try to argue my point though :lol: .
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

LOL...cool !....Me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy...
Nona

Post by Nona »

wow.I forgot how defensive people can become about Lizzie!:)
Kat

Post by Kat »

http://www.lizzieborden.org/details.asp?ID=27

The Fall River Historical Society supposedly has a new Sourcebook for $22.95.
I would check first tho.
msmith625

Post by msmith625 »

Selling two more books (this may continue as I'm clearing out most of my Lizzie collection):

Lizzie Didn't Do It!

A Private Disgrace: Lizzie Borden by Daylight

Both listings end July 5. Thanks for your time.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Glad to see you back msmith ! (Check your PM's...I just sent you another one.)

Tracy...
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Michelle,

I just missed bidding on your Masterson book ! Grrrrrrr. My clock is apparently running about a minute and a half different than the eBay clock. I had been waiting all morning to bid on it ! I am getting slow in my old age. I will be quicker on the next one though !

Tracy...
Kat

Post by Kat »

I'm not following these auctions, but a new Masterton is supposedly available at FRHS, if you miss the auction one- $19.95:
http://www.lizzieborden.org/borden_list ... ated+Items

Also on that page is "Did She or Didn't She?"
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Thanks Kat ! I have definitely been working on my shopping list for the FRHS...and what list it is !

Tracy...
msmith625

Post by msmith625 »

This week's auctions are as follows:

Girl in the House of Hate (C. and L. Samuels, ends July 14)

Lizzie Borden (Elizabeth Engstrom, ends July 14)

..and Edwin H. Porter's The Fall River Tragedy (ends July 17)

Still a few more to come...it hoits! It hoits!

Student loan debt is worse though...

Michelle :wink: