I highly recommend this!

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

I highly recommend this!

Post by Stefani »

In doing research for the talk in Fall River in August, I discovered that the Unsolved Mysteries series (Robert Stack show) has recently released a bunch of DVDs and one of them is a FOUR DISK set of the ghost stories from the show.

It is only 24 bucks at amazon and I ordered it and it arrived in only a few days. I have to tell you it is super fantastic!!

I bought it for the Lizzie Borden House episode, which is 10 min. long and features Martha McGinn discussing her experiences of the hauntings in the house. Other stories from workers are there as well and they even bring in a ghost hunter and some scary stuff happens. It was extremely well done! I loved the camera angles and effects! It is a must have for your collection!

Anyway, these disks are so worth the money. There are 34 segments on the four disks, including: the Mary Celeste, Myrtles Plantation, Gettysburg, Deadwood, Lake Wales, the Queen Mary, and Marfa, Tx. They are really scary and really fun to watch, especially at night with the lights out!

Click here for more details and to order!
http://www.lizzieandrewborden.com/Borde ... Ghosts.htm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Allen

Post by Allen »

I am marking that down on my list of things to by. Thanks Stefani!
"He who cannot put his thoughts on ice should not enter into the head of dispute." - Friedrich Nietzsche
augusta

Post by augusta »

:shock: Good God! What a cover! Thanks for the tip, Stef.

That reminds me of the show that was on recently called "Ghost Hunters' - where 'experts' in psychic phenomena would visit a purportedly haunted house and try to find real proof of the haunting. I wonder why they never did Lizzie's house. I don't think the show is on anymore.
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

Yeah stef I have that, collection and it is very good. If you have watched it the part when Martha at age 16 took her laundry to the basement and saw the spirit. I paused that spot every time and Everyone who has watched it said the spirit is Lizzie.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I ordered it...

Thanks for the heads up Stef!
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

Liz Crouthers @ Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:51 pm wrote:Yeah stef I have that, collection and it is very good. If you have watched it the part when Martha at age 16 took her laundry to the basement and saw the spirit. I paused that spot every time and Everyone who has watched it said the spirit is Lizzie.
I love love love the way they turned Lizzie's room into a 60s teenage girl's room! Posters and mood lighting and all. Just perfect. And the rest of the segment is equally well produced.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Does that show a real spirit Liz or a re-enactment?
Stefani

Post by Stefani »

Kat @ Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:32 pm wrote:Does that show a real spirit Liz or a re-enactment?
All the episodes are re-enactments. Unfortunately. I don't think I have seen very many ghost shows that have actual footage of ghosts in them. They do play back the tape (I assume the actual one) of the voice that was heard in the cellar by the ghost hunter when she was there. She asks the question, "Is anyone there?" and the tape records a response. They play it back and a noise is heard, but you can't tell what the voice is saying, or if it is a real voice. It is sort of impressive.

On a side note, I have been trying like heck to get hold of Jane Doherty to get a copy of her seance tape but her site seems abandoned---no updates for years and the shopping cart has expired. I got all the way to the end when I put in the order to find that out. If anyone has a copy I would love to see it!
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

As stefani said it is a re-enactment.

And stef I thought by turning the volume way up and playing it slowly it sounds like a scratchy but defanite Yes to me.

I checked Jane's site and it is abandoned.

strange
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

Am I the only one that has the video?
Kat

Post by Kat »

I asked because I wondered why you paused it and everyone thought it was Lizzie? If I had to guess at someone being there I would think Abby as a woman in the cellar.
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

Well the woman fits Lizzie's profile...
about 5 ft and 4 or 5 inches tall, reddish, curly hair tied up neatly like the pictures,round face, wide or thick waist, grey/light blue eyes, Victorian dress, looks like Lizzie. :sunny: Did you watch the tape? :?:
:salut:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Since it was an actress, does that mean you are really saying that Martha McGinn must have described Lizzie as the haunt and so that's who was recreated?
That's not necessarily so as usually these video-makers do just about what they want when they produce a final project.
Liz Crouthers

Post by Liz Crouthers »

I guess so, maybe the video makers wanted to use Lizzie, that is usually who we want to see.
bsr88

Post by bsr88 »

Liz Crouthers @ Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:35 pm wrote:Well the woman fits Lizzie's profile...
about 5 ft and 4 or 5 inches tall, reddish, curly hair tied up neatly like the pictures,round face, wide or thick waist, grey/light blue eyes, Victorian dress, looks like Lizzie. :sunny: Did you watch the tape? :?:
:salut:
That spirit re-enactment actress is Eleanor... believe me.

whoever wanted jane's video, it do NOT recomend it. I can tell you personally she is a hoax - my guests tell me as well. It's amusing and entertaining to watch, but probably the only truth to it is the part with George talking about Maplecroft.
Le classe de français cinq a l'ecole Chariho rappèlent la voyage aux Québec. Le 24 avril - 29 2006