Complete Trial in TIFF format?

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

pigeonsandpears

Complete Trial in TIFF format?

Post by pigeonsandpears »

Did anyone buy the complete transcript that was available a while back? I believe it was actual scans of the originals as tiff files. If anyone has them on CD and would like to sell them, please let me know. I will gladly pay whatever price you ask.

Clint
pigeonsandpears

Nobody?? Please contact me @ info@misslizzieborden.com if you can help me.
Haulover

Post by Haulover »

the trial and inquest -- are available here.
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I heard of a disc that had the documents in "tiff" files and also that many of them were chopped off at the bottom and were incomplete. It was expensive and foolish to buy as the documents have been made available at no charge via this website.
pigeonsandpears

Excuse me, but I do not take kindly to being called foolish. Do you have any idea why I am looking for the files? Have you ever heard of something called image restoration?

I realize many of you may be more educated on the case than I and that I am a new member here, but I have never been called foolish in my entire life... until now! And by someone who has no idea why I am asking for these.

Sorry to lash out, but that did not set well with me.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Clint,

Please understand...Audrey is not calling YOU foolish...honest. Maybe there is just a misunderstanding. She is speaking of the free trial transcripts, witness statements, etc., that Stefani (along with Kat & Harry) has so graciously made available...for free...to all of us via lizzieandrewborden.com. Have you had a chance to check them out yet ?

I have also heard of the source for the .TIFF files of which Audrey speaks. From what I understand, it was a very unreliable source from which to always get information from.

Tracy..
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
Edisto

Post by Edisto »

There are probably several people here (myself included) who own hard copies of the original trial transcripts. I can't speak for anyone who may have bought the TIFF files. Unfortunately, my hard copies were purchased from the same "unreliable source" mentioned elsewhere, and some of the pages turned out to be missing, incomplete or difficult to read. Part of them are in "negative" form (white on black). I'm sure they would make a good restoration project, albeit probably a challenging one. It's hard to restore something that's nonexistent! If the TIFF files came from the same originals, they might not be worth the price.

Incidentally, if you've only been called "foolish" once in your life, count yourself very lucky indeed. I've probably been called that hundreds of times, and the really unfortunate thing is that it was likely true most of the time. (I don't think any individual was being called "foolish." I think the intent was to say that it would be a foolish ACT to buy a defective product.)
"To lose one parent...may be regarded as misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."
-Oscar Wilde ("The Importance
of Being Earnest," 1895)
Kat

Post by Kat »

I don't really know much about this, but I do know you can go to the Boston Public Library and see a copy on microfilm. I'm not sure then what you do next, but that is the *original* so if you wish to restore the original, that is where you have to start.
It's easier now to get to it tho- used to be you had to have a letter of permission from the Superior Court judge!
pigeonsandpears

Already been in contact with the BPL, they have been very helpful and the microfilm is on it's way.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oh good.
How much did they charge you?
pigeonsandpears

The reels are $42 each including shipping.
augusta

Post by augusta »

I didn't know you could buy microfilmed things from a library. Lend, yes. Purchase? I'm surprised.
pigeonsandpears

Well, I had a little help from my aunt who is our local librarian. Maybe that helped to speed the process up.
FairhavenGuy

Post by FairhavenGuy »

God bless relatives who work in libraries!

My mom works at our local library and my sister worked there, too, a number of years ago. It really helps when you need something, especially something from another library. Having an inside connection is great.
I've met Kat and Harry and Stef, oh my!
(And Diana, Richard, nbcatlover, Doug Parkhurst and Marilou, Shelley, "Cemetery" Jeff, Nadzieja, kfactor, Barbara, JoAnne, Michael, Katrina and my 255 character limit is up.)