Ebay offering

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

WOW! That photo brought back memories MB of when 2nd St. actualy went all the way through and was a steady decline hill down to the Academy building. The barracuda jackets also brought back memories.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes SteveS:

I found over the years that the Barracuda Jacket craze was big up here in New England, but in other parts of the country, not so much

I'm sure you remember Sawyer's Campus Shop? Well Sawyers started off on Second Street. In the 60s when I was in high school, Sawyers was the place to get your Barracuda.

Of course, at the beginning all Barracuda's were either white or navy blue. Then they made a longer jacket, just a little longer, perhaps 4 or 5 inches, and they included these two small straps around the waist towards the back.

Then one day WoWWWWWWWW! They came out with a new color. A mustard Yellow. You were just not cool if you didn't have one. Years later other colors were made, including red, black and green.

It was a big craze when you were a kid. Of course you remember that the liners were madras or a plaid design.

I remember it was cool to wear them inside out........or let your girl wear it on the way home while you carried her books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LITTLE STORY:

I dated this girl in New York but it did not work out.

I showed up at her doorstep one day and she was shocked to see me.

She began to explain how it would never work, that we were different people, that we.........

I stopped her there.

My only words were................I want my Barracuda back.

Yep, 400 miles later me and my barracuda were back home in Lizzie Land.

Nothing and nobody comes between me and my Barracuda.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Oh Yes, as the late 60s kicked in, you were just not cool if you did not take your date out on a Saturday night.....your treat, and wear your favorite MADRAS JACKET.

And in the early 70s, you would be hard pressed to catch me in winter without my pea coat. It looked just like a real navy jacket, except for the buttons.

Where did I purchase them?

Why at Sawyers Clothing Shop. (Sawyers Campus Shop)

By then the Barracuda jacket had made them famous and they had moved to South Main Street, just before McWhirrs but just after Andrew Borden's place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, but No. I never wore a Leisure Suit.

THANK GUD I WAS ALWAYS A HIPPIE.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

YES, but No. I didn't look as bad as that guy. I showered.

But I did drive a 62 VW just like the one below.
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

After my last post I was thinking about my pea coat I got from Sawyers Campus Shop. It was the IN place to get all your clothes for back to school. I wouldn't wear it if it didn't come from sawyers. :wink: My cousins and I always had contests to see who would get something first from Sawyers. My cousin Billy Taylor was the oldest and he usualy got everything first and then the rest of us just HAD to get it. LOL. All the best dressed guys in Fall River back in the 60's and 70's got their clothes at Sawyers. They were like McGoverns.........started off small scale but when they got popular they moved to a bigger, better location.
In memory of....Laddie Miller, Royal Nelson and Donald Stewart, Lizzie Borden's dogs. "Sleeping Awhile."
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

I am just glad I am old enough to remember things like inside the Academy Building, 2nd St. the way it originaly was from back in Lizzies day, the Durfee and the other theaters downtown, the old city hall when it stood on solid ground LOL, the old 5 and dime, McWhirrs, shopping at Kerr Mills and Globe Mills. I even have some old photos in a drawer somewhere of Rodman St. and Plymouth Ave from back in the 50's.....you wouldn't recognise it......kind of like the 2nd St. photos from then and now. If Lizzie were alive today....aside from being really really old :lol: she would be just like MB when he was comparing the photos of 2nd St.......hmmmmmm somethings look familiar and the same but oh my have other things changed.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Does anyone know anything about these wooden Lizzie Tokens that have been on Ebay the last while ? I bought one of them. I had never seen them before.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Wow you bring back memories! My $6 pea coat from Goodwill, Orlando, 1970. Me & Mark hitchhiking to Amherst MA 1971, when I lived in Boston.
stuartwsa

Post by stuartwsa »

I have carried vintage pea coats in my store for years. They have always been popular, but for some reason I haven't gotten a single one in this year. I've had about a dozen requests for them, this fall. Some things never go out of style.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

There are two books on Ebay that are supposed to have belonged to Emma Brden. I think these books were up for auction before.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Now Lizzie's Fishing Tackle from the Swansea Farm is on Ebay, with a starting bid of $35.00
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

I have 1 of Lizzie's worms .......starting bid at $100.
Angel

Post by Angel »

SteveS. @ Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:33 am wrote:I have 1 of Lizzie's worms .......starting bid at $100.
:peanut19:
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Angel...I am happy to see someone else on this forum has my same crazy sense of humor. I just couldn't resist after reading that Lizzie's fishing tackle from the farm was for sale....minus any sinkers I would imagine. :twisted:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I tried copying the link but it won't work. The horizontal lines on the bottom of the link won't show up when I submit it.

Anyway, I know the bidding will be Fierce and Brutal, but If I win that fishing tackle, SteveS. we have to plan a fishing trip. With Lizzie's Tackle and Lizzie's Bait we can't lose. :lol:
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Hey Fargo...maybe we can also borrow Lizzie's boat from the "alone" painting.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Fargo, here's the URL for the fishing gear.

http://tinyurl.com/yasm6mo

You can convert a long URL to a much shorter version by using TinyUrl at:

http://tinyurl.com/
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
SteveS.

Post by SteveS. »

Bids on my Lizzie worm r up to $450 and there r still 4 more days to go. :twisted:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I am pretty good at rowing a boat although I haven't done it for some time.

Thanks Harry, I was wondering how you did the tiny URL. I have been writing down the whole thing then typing it up. I guess it can be pasted but I don't know how to do that either yet. I really should do something to improve my computer skills.
Kat

Post by Kat »

You go to a lot of trouble- and thank you for that! :smile:

To copy the link, you can click at the address at the top of the page and highlight it.

Then go up into the controls at the top of your screen where it says "Edit."
There the menu drops down and you click on "Copy."
Then you bring your cursor down and click on the screen you are writing on- then go back up into "Edit" and click "Paste."
That should put the address where you want it on the text area of your message.

Good luck!
Please ask anytime for hints such as these- someone will give you directions, and gladly! :smile:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fall-River-Cabinet- ... 563c1602f7

There, it worked. Thanks Kat. It took a bit of playing around but I got it.

Oh yes this is espposed to be another possible picture of Lizzie.

Big supprise, its not her.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, to all you doll collectors; this one is quite attractive. Signed and dated standing over 2 feet tall. Ebay sale going on right now and over in 3+ days.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Thats a very nice looking doll. I hope the creator makes more of them and puts them up for auction.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, truly collectable Borden items of the antiqurian kind are rare and uncommon.

But, once in a while a neat current collectable comes up on ebay......such as the doll above.

Below is another. A pen/ink marker drawing on 8 x 11 card stock. One of a kind signed by the artist. Just posted yesterday. Six days till end of auction with a starting bid of 41 dollars. (I think the artist would have better chance for a sale if it were matted and framed)

Poor Lizzie. Always seen in a dark light. Always in a bloody dress with a sharp implement in hand.

:study:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, well..........the drawing in the last post is not up to your standards you say?

How about ZOMBIE LIZZIE?

Check out ebay further and you come across this outlandish Lizzie Borden collectable. (size unknown but you can compare the size to the coin in the photo)

A sculpture of sorts, no less.

Again one of a kind :?: artist made. Starting bid 15 bucks.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

There is a haunted Lizzie picture on ebay. The eyes follow you around.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Has anyone else noticed the book on Ebay that supposedly belonged to Rufus B. Hilliard ?
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I wish I been watching that book, I don't know how the sale went.

Now there's a autographed picture of Nance O'Neil on ebay.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes Fargo, I don't think that book sold.

It was on ebay a couple of times. It wasn't in real good shape. And from what I remember, Rufus's name was stamped in with a rubber stamp and not in his hand writing. I wasn't that interested, so I didn't really study the site for details.

It would be a nice addition to a Lizzie Borden collections if it were in nice condition and signed by Hillard, in his handwriting.

mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

double post....... :oops: :oops: :roll:
diana

Post by diana »

That's interesting. I didn't see the listing so I don't know which book we're talking about here -- but could it be similar to the facsimile of Todd Lunday's The Mystery Unveiled which has 'property of R.B. Hilliard 1893' inscribed at the top of page 5?

Do you remember the details from the e-bay listing, Fargo?
Grace

Post by Grace »

I must be a horridly twisted person because I literally lol'd at this listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Miniature-Dollhouse ... 20b45ef7e3

Someone else please tell me you laughed too, so I don't feel so bad?

I want to meet the person who would put this in their doll house! We'd be fast friends...
Harry

Post by Harry »

LOL, you're sick Grace! Welcome to the club. :silly:

That's one nasty hatchet she's wielding.
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

That's real funny. It appears this person sells al sorts of odd dolls. Below is another. How about a movie........Lizzie Borden meets an American werewolf in Canada.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Miniature-Dollhouse ... 500wt_1149
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

An original Edwin Porter is up for bid on ebay. Not a bad copy. It has been rebacked with new end papers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 369wt_1134

A book that has been rebacked usually has new cloth (same color, and in some instances, the same vintage) under the old cloth. The old cloth is laid and glued over the new, so where the cloth is missing or split it becomes reinforced. Unless you know what you are looking for a good rebacked book will go unnoticed.

I have handled this copy and it's a very solid binding. It has a couple of small issues, such as new endpapers and a ripped page (with no loss) but for the price it's probably on the cheaper end of the scale and a decent copy considering the small number that is out there. If this copy had it's original endpapers, no rip and untouched cloth it would be a worth over 10 C-notes.

As of this writing there are no copies for sale out in the book market.
stuartwsa

Post by stuartwsa »

FYI, Hilliard's book is back up on eBay, starting at $24.99, and it has a little over a day to go.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I find this an intersting listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-1900s-LIZZIE-BO ... 3361d8d4d5

The lister is stating "Offered is an early souvenir image of Lizzie Borden's hatchet-smashed father on the couch. This image is after the sensational "crime scene" photo of Andrew Borden you're familiar with. Souvenirs such as this would have been sold in Fall River shops to tourists and curiosity seekers come to town to see the Borden house."

It is my understanding from what I've read that nobody in Fall River would've offered up souvenirs of any type at any time in the years following the incident. I understand there to be controversy to this day over whether or not the town should capitalize on the murders at all.

I wonder if this is a genuine article from back in the day and I wonder who would've offered up such an article for sale and where they were located. Maybe nearby, but not in Fall River itself? Has anyone ever heard of someone in Fall River selling souvenirs? In the early 1900's?
mbhenty

Re: Ebay offering

Post by mbhenty »

:-?

YES, the things people try to pass off as being "Lizzie related."

The photo below is a little girl (boy?) with a pale and "paddle," or shovel. The seller describes it as being an AX. When I was a baby, (and still can be, when I don't get my way) I had a pale and paddle just like it.

Photo has nothing to do with Lizzie Borden. And, that is not an Ax!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1900s-photo ... 874wt_1141
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

The shoes I was wearing when I stayed at the Lizzie B and B are worn out now, but I still have them.

I wonder what I could get for them if I listed them on Ebay? :?: :silly: :alcohol:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, often heard wishes to own a Rebello. Well, here's one at a reasonable fee, buy it now, on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lizzie-Borden-Leona ... 500wt_1156

mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes, if you are not into the seriousness or expense of a Rebello..........how about Vampire Lizzie. On Ebay for around 7 bucks, fangs and all.

Poor Lizzie. Always made out to be the Evil Countess.

So unfair me thinks.

How about exhibiting this around your neck.

What the "Common" will do for small profit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VAMPIRE-LIZZIE-BORD ... 8264987f14
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

HEAR YE, HEAR YE:

REBELLO FOR SALE ON EBAY.

BUY IT NOW, 165.00$

This book has been on before, if you look above. It's back on with 4 days left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lizzie-Borden-Leona ... 500wt_1156
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

YES, people are funny. I'm sure that this Aussie dealer truly believes that the photo below is really Andrew Borden.

Not questioning his integrity, just his wisdom. Not a very smart declaration to make without research.

Hey, who knows. Perhaps his lack of astuteness will make him a hundred bucks.

It is currently for sale on ebay.

100 dollars for the stranger........any takers?

(the real Andrew on the cover of the HATCHET JOURNAL is also posted below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lizzie-Borden-ORIGI ... 720wt_1249
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :alcohol: :thumbdown:

Yes:

Here's another crazy sale brought to you by the makers of ebay.

This guy implies that this is Lizzie Borden's purse.

Here's the link :arrow:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221084080055?ss ... 721wt_1134
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Still another ebay offering.

This one has been listed for a while now.

Very surprised it has not sold. There's not another out there for sale, that I can find.

It's a 300 dollar set any day of the week......or at least it always had been.

Phillips history of Fall River, a 3 volume set published over 3 year period. Arthur S. Phillips was a law intern who served on the Jennings/Robinson team and Lizzie Borden's defense group. Included in the 3 volume set is his account of the crime.

This set is well worth the 150 dollar price. And looks like a nice set, to booth. If I had to have just one volume on fall river history, this set would be right up there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1944-3-Volume-B ... 9954571%26
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Another interesting item on ebay.

Newspaper reporting her death at the age of 79, and further reading claims that she was 43 when she committed the crime.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIZZIE-BORDEN-A ... 0645509%26
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes :!:

Up on Ebay as we speak. A never seen photo of Lizzie :?: Nah :roll: Just someone who, without doing any research, makes claims to having photos of Lizzie Borden........why an entire Album full. Never you mind that stamped on the Album is the name J.Little.

Everyone thinks they see Lizzie Borden.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lizzie-Borden-R ... 3f23bcdc47
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes:

Offered on ebay.

Poltergeist hunted house mirror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYyzh62gCk