The Proceedings Book

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

The Proceedings Book

Post by augusta »

On Amazon.com tonite, there are three "Proceedings" books well worth looking at. They are used books. One described as "very good" is going for $12.98; one listed as "good" is selling for $12.99; and one in "very good" condition is selling for $14.59.

I would check the seller's shipping & handling cost before placing an order. Once in a while I have found a seller to charge a ridiculous price for shipping.

Don't wait too long if you don't have this book.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thanks Sherry!
Has anybody Read Proceedings,- all of it? :smile:
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

I read it all when I first got it, but that was quite a while ago.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Is Cynthia the only one who has read the whole thing?
I haven't read the whole thing- I think maybe 1/2 the whole thing. :smile:
Do you have a favorite article?
nbcatlover

Post by nbcatlover »

Barbara Ashton on the Hip Bath collection.
Kat

Post by Kat »

That book is worth just that one article!*
Good choice!

(*At its original price, I mean). :smile:
augusta

Post by augusta »

Today there are several "Proceedings" books on Amazon. One is only $14.59. The others are asking $65 - $122. Another tip to add this to your Lizzie book collection at that low price while it is available.
Wordweaver

Post by Wordweaver »

augusta @ Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:56 am wrote:Today there are several "Proceedings" books on Amazon. One is only $14.59. The others are asking $65 - $122. Another tip to add this to your Lizzie book collection at that low price while it is available.
Thanks for the tip. I've ordered the one for $14.59.

My Lizzie bookshelf is expanding; I just found a copy of Sullivan's Goodbye Lizzie Borden and David Rehak's strange Lizzie Borden: Did She Axe for It?
There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California. --Edward Abbey

http://unnaturalhistory.blogspot.com
augusta

Post by augusta »

Good for you, Wordweaver! Agnes DeMille's 'Dance of Death' is another very good one - at least the first half, where she interviews old Fall Riverites and has some unique stories from them in there. The second half is about the ballet, and I must admit I didn't read that part. You can sometimes find DeMille's book for a good price. I'm surprised, because that came out in, I think, 1968. Anyway, congratulations on your "Proceedings" purchase! You got a great deal.
Wordweaver

Post by Wordweaver »

augusta @ Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:54 am wrote:Good for you, Wordweaver! Agnes DeMille's 'Dance of Death' is another very good one - at least the first half, where she interviews old Fall Riverites and has some unique stories from them in there. The second half is about the ballet, and I must admit I didn't read that part. You can sometimes find DeMille's book for a good price. I'm surprised, because that came out in, I think, 1968. Anyway, congratulations on your "Proceedings" purchase! You got a great deal.
I've got DeMille -- I had Powells.com alert me when it came in, and I bought it *immediately*.

My Lizzie shelves are definitely getting full. And I hope to pick up a few more goodies when I'm in Fall River at the beginning of June.
There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California. --Edward Abbey

http://unnaturalhistory.blogspot.com
augusta

Post by augusta »

There used to be a little bookstore in FR called something like "A Taste of Honey" - that's probably wrong. But I never went there the first several times I went to FR. So I went to go on one of my last trips, and it was empty with a 'for sale' sign on it. I had heard some people on the Forum had found some good finds there.

The FRHS has fair prices for their books in their shop. Don't forget to look in the Salvation Army there. You never know what you're gonna find. I've heard of a few 'discoveries' taking place there.

Good luck on finding some neat purchases! And have a great trip!
I hope you come back and share it with us. :grin:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

There is a proceedings book on Ebay for $50 with buy it now. That may or may not be a fair price at this time, I don't know.

That is how much the original price was from Bristol college, new. I don't know if Bristol college has any left in stock, they did a year or do ago when I enquired about them.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
patsy

Post by patsy »

I missed out on that one but they still have one used in acceptable condition on Amazon now. $125.00 plus $3.99 shipping.