2005 Hatchets for sale in hard copy format!

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Stefani

2005 Hatchets for sale in hard copy format!

Post by Stefani »

In response to your requests, I have finally completed the process of converting all the past 2005 (year two) issues of The Hatchet to print and they are now on sale through LuLu.com.

The issues that were converted include #1, #2, and #3 and are available in both color and b&w. Don't be confused so see that Issues 4, 5, and 6 are only in B&W---that was the way they were designed. The covers of all issues are in full glorious color.

http://www.lulu.com/PearTreePress

Enjoy!
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Hey Stefani:
Just checked out the old/new Hatchet issues, looks great. Will make a purchase later in the week after I make a bank visit. Thanks. For me, it is nice to have a tangible hard copy in hand; one I can whip out anyplace, anywhere and get my fill. I like the issue cover with the clapboard siding............looks, cooul. :grin:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

:grin: My colour issues of the Hatchet arrived yesterday. After you buy a copy you can vote on it to rate it. Colour is the way to go, I highly recomend it. It's well worth the money. Events of long ago that were photographed in black and white, took place in colour. Real life is in colour.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

I just love cover art and collect some books just for their covers, thus the benefit of judging a book by it's cover.

Just wanted to post my favorite "HATCHET" covers in order of my taste.

My favorite, hands down, is Vol. 2 No. 3
Love the old shingles, the new paint, old paint, new cedar shingles offset, the cracked shingles, holes, nails, and peeling paint. You don't need to see the house and you just know that it is drenched in history. Classic Cover.

Next is Vol 2 No. 1
Very Providential. Love the way the snow settles at the base of the grave marker. Some see grave stones, I see what they represent.

My third favorite is Vol. 2 No. 4. Simple, but with Lizzie's face that close up, One does not need any color. Has more of a "book" cover scheme to it. Simple but one of my favorites. If you ever do a "Gothic" issue all we need do it add a tear of blood....... Love Gothic.

Next comes Vol. 2 No 5
Andy is rolling with envy in his grave. Fun cover. All that is missing is Lizzie holding a Coke.

Next comes Vol 2 No. 6
Very peaceful. The snow really makes it. Not because of the snow itsef but the foot prints around the stones. You know someone is buried there, and the foot prints remind you that they have not been forgotten. Yes, the flowers are a nice touch adding the color the cover needed. Very different cover without them.

Next comes Vol 3 No. 1
92 looks like an old ship, moored in the snow

Of all the copies I have, last but not least is Vol 2 No. 2
On this issue I love the back more than the front.
With the Title along the bottom, the back cover would have made a very worthy front cover.

Thus, is the Hatchet as I rate it's covers in the order of my personal taste. This was fun. :grin: :grin: :grin:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »