Michael Martins t-shirt!

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Michael Martins t-shirt!

Post by augusta »

Ain't she a beaut? If I can get more, who would like one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
augusta

Post by augusta »

If you cannot see the picture, try again. Sometimes it shows up; sometimes it doesn't. :?:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Is that Ricky Martin? :smile:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Or David Copperfield? :?:
augusta

Post by augusta »

It's David Copperfield, Kat. But if it were Michael Martins, I'd have bought it.

I went to see David Copperfied over the weekend at the Fox in Detroit. He is older now, but still looks about 30. He isn't as terribly thin as he used to be. So he is lookin' goooood.

He was very funny - I didn't realize how humorous his (probable) script was. I wasn't overly impressed with his show. He didn't have any of his huge props with him, I guess because he was on the road. I did enjoy at one point an old car appearing.

Part of the show were video clips. On one it said he has a museum where he put all his Houdini memorabilia in it. But it did not say where the museum was. :scratch:

I was looking for a more serious man - like how he looks in his usual photos. I expected him to bring at least one good Houdini prop and use it. There was no suspense - like Houdini used to use, making the audience think he was dying and then he'd appear just as people were starting to have chest pains.

It was good to see him once. Maybe in LasVegas he really wows 'em. "I just thought it was okay." (My impression of Randy "American Idol" Jackson.)
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Not sure how many David Copperfield fans out there, but out of the top 10 good looking men I would like to resemble, he comes in number 3. :eek: (I come out number 10 :-? )

Not sure if you know this, but Copperfield wrote/edit a book of fiction. I bid on one a couple of months ago, but it went for more than I wanted to pay. My interest was not David, but Ray Bradbury who was one of the authors who signed the book.

It's a collection of short stories by such authors as Ray Bradbury, Dean Kontz, Joyce Carol Oates and others, called: TALES OF THE IMPOSSIBLE

The stories are all centered around magic. David has written at least one, that I know of. Sounds Interesting, and I sould at least get myself a reading copy. :smile:
doug65oh

Post by doug65oh »

Hmmm... It looks more like Emeril to me! :lol:
augusta

Post by augusta »

Mbhenty - Thanks for mentioning that book. I was unaware of it.

Ray Bradbury would be a great autograph to get. He's pretty old and, God forbid, should he pass away it would probably be worth a lot more than you pay for it.

Years ago, I had thought D. Copperfield looked very much like Michael Martins, but Michael looked more handsome because he wasn't 'too thin' like Copperfield. I think they should put a likeness on the t-shirt of D.C. as he looks currently.

I thought he might do a Houdini joke or two, since Houdini died in Detroit.
The hospital is still there, but I don't know what room # it was.

Michael M. is in my top ten 'most handsome men's list. The first time I officially met him to do research at the FRHS, I almost died. He introduced himself, and I knew it was my turn to say something, but I couldn't get a grasp on what. The silence was getting too long, so I blurted out, "You got your hair cut!" (He had, from the last time I had seen him on tv.) He probably wondered, 'Now what kind of a nut do I have here?' Lucy Meets a Celebrity, I'm tellin' you.

Doug - Emeril, huh? Maybe instead of "Bridget's Kitchen" we should have "Emeril's great-grandpa's Kitchen"...
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

YES AUGUSTA: (I had an aunt Augusta in the old country)

Funny Michael Martin story augusta. :lol:

Mr Martins lives about 3 blocks from me. He's a gentlemen. I remember him when he was just a boy, serving his internship under the previous curator of FRHS, Mrs. Brigham.

Being all man, I can still declare, he is one handsome fellow.
:oops:

Funny what you think about Copperfield's weight. That is one of the things I found attractive about him. Perhaps because of my trip to Portugal, I had always wanted to be brave enough to wear speedo's on the beach. :lol: :lol: :oops:

Yes, Ray Bradbury signed editions of his books are very desirable.
I have a small Bradbury collection of about 100 of his books, most signed.

His signature is not as scarce as you would think. Ray loves to do book signings. He has signed, almost, more than any other author alive today. Bradbury is well into his eighties now, but still pumping them out. A more recent Bradbury book may bring anywhere from 10 to 25 dollars above cover price for a signed edition. A first edition of fahrenheit 451, signed, can sell for upwards of seven to eight hundred dollars. (as an average) :smile:
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Ahhh....EMERIL.......ME.......BAM !!!

Tracy...
I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down.
augusta

Post by augusta »

Y-you live th-three blocks from M-m-Michael Martins? Oh, Lord, hold me up here ah am about to faynt. So will you be selling your house any time soon?

Interesting info on Ray Bradbury's autographed books. Your collection is to be envied. May I ask how you managed to acquire so many? (If you stole them or something, it's okay if you don't answer... :peanut12: )

Trace - you have a thing for Emeril? It's all right to post your answer to me. I won't tell anybody. :grin:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Yes AUGUSTA,

Been collecting Ray Bradbury, along with many other authors, for over 20 years. Lots of them were purchased on ebay, book shows, abe site.

A signed Ray Bradbury is very easy to find. As a matter of fact, if I were thinking of starting a serious Bradbury collection, I would search for only signed copies. He signed a lotttttttttttttt. Even though, still in high demand. (?)

A while back I had connections to this fellow who lived down the street from Ray Bradbury (cool) and kept books in his car; when he drove by and seen Ray in his yard he would stop and Ray would sign for him. He said Ray was always gracious and love to sign. From him I purchased Ray's first book, "Dark Carnival" (signed) and "The Martian Chronicles." (no Audrey was not in that one)

Don't have any Michael Martin signed though? :sad:

The 1893 Edwin Porter (rebound) copy was back on ebay and bidding ended yesterday.

One bidder. He bid 3 times, trying to reach that Reserve. Once again the book did not sell. Knowing the way the market goes, I would put it away and try again in the far future. The right collector will come along. :smile:
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Pssssssst Augusta....whew...me...Emeril....did I mention BAM ??? That man can do things in a kitchen that are just outright (delightfully) sinful !!!

Tracy...
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Just to touch base with everyone about the FRHS.

Went into the Historical Society to browse the giftshop and found the shop completely empty.

It appears that the shop will be closed until the second week of June while they spiffy-up and do some painting. So if you are planning a trip and plan to visit the FRHS, call first and inquire.

:smile:
diana

Post by diana »

Thanks very much for that information, Michael. Tips from the locals are golden!
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Kat @ Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:40 am wrote:Is that Ricky Martin? :smile:
Thanks Kat! Now I have a picture in my mind of you cruising down the Florida coastline in your Neon with 'Living La Vida Loca' playing full blast!

:peanut19:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I have the very same vision! :batman:
augusta

Post by augusta »

Ooh, David Copperfield in his younger years was too thin I think.

He was in the movie "Terror Train". I bought the DVD recently and enjoyed seeing it again. There he was - skin and bones.

I have had a celebrity crush on Michael Martins for a lonnnng time. I'm married and basically content. But when I see him, my heart takes off like the story Poe wrote.

It was really nice to know that he is a really nice person, and he's fun! Yes, he is very much a gentleman but he can cut up at times too. I'm not trying to say I know him 'real real well', but what I do know of him I like.

I got his autograph on a few letters I got from him. I don't look at it like his autograph, tho. Just a friend writing a friend.

In the tv documentaries, he is always so poised and says just the right thing. I used to think he was a Harvahd graduate.

Wow - that was a good story, Mb about your friend living by Ray Bradbury. I am out in the sticks - which I enjoy - but until I was about 30 the only celebrity I had seen was this kids' show host "Mr. Dressup". I'm not sure that counted ...

Tracy LeGasse ... Yup - it works!
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Michael Martins is an entirely enchanting man. His demeanor seems to be one of a true gentleman. Not only a gentleman.. But a darling gentle man.

Not only that but he is HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!
augusta

Post by augusta »

I totally agree with you, Audrey! His eyes alone are so gorgeous. I was talking to him last summer, and I kept my eyes glued to his. I melted. ... Uh oh ... I cheated on my husband! I had 'eye sex' with Michael Martins! :shock:
Susan

Post by Susan »

*sigh* Michael Martins is just so cute! Why are there no online pics of him? Do you have any that you are willing to share, Sherry? I swear, I won't tell your husband. :lol:
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

If there was an online photo of him-- Susan would be the one to find it!

I have a great idea... How about dinner with him at the Abby Grill..... But we wouldn't want to overwhelm him with our collective charm...

So-- I will be the one to 'sacrifice' and have dinner with him....
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

I have always thought a book, about Lizzie Borden, written by Michael Martins would be soooo AWESOME. It would definitely be a "must have" best seller. Wonder if he has ever considered writing one...
Last edited by twinsrwe on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

Well, there is the Knowlton Papers, but that is a compilation.

Tracy...
augusta

Post by augusta »

I do have a picture of him I took last summer. He was in this little room in the basement, talking on the phone. Stef or Kat said, "Michael is over there with shorts on, Sherry!" Oh, boy. I had my camera with me. I thought he looked great in a suit. And I thought he looked great in jeans. He was so CUTE in those shorts!

I saw him and said, "Hold me up, Kat. Ah think ah'm gonna faynt!"

Not only was he on the phone, but there were two women in the office with him. I have no idea what they thought. They could have been important people - they never looked at me. (They were probably disgusted.)

I thought, oh, I shouldn't take a picture of him. He doesn't like things like that. And I wasn't gonna, but Marilou Parkhurst, Doug's wife, urged me on and I think someone said when would I ever get a chance like this again. So I took one. And, forgetting the people he was with, yelled out to our group that I was gonna put it on my bedroom ceiling.

Came home, got the picture developed, it came out okay. I LOVE it. But I think he would not appreciate me showing it around. Some time when I see him I'll show him the photo first and ask him if he cared if I privately emailed it to a few Forum friends.

We never got to do our Michael Martins Fan Club. We were posting about it and we stopped talking about it.

Who ever is interested, PM me. I gotta be president. I think I've earned it, probably having drooled over him the most years. I think Susan was Vice-President? Let me know, Susan. I remember who Tracey suggested as treasurer, and it was perfect.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Who the hell is this Michael Martin you girls all seem ready to leave your husbands for?
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

He is the Adonis who is curator of the Fall River Historical Society.
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

theebmonique @ Tue May 23, 2006 9:31 pm wrote:Well, there is the Knowlton Papers, but that is a compilation.

Tracy...
True, there is the Knowlton Papers - if anyone can afford to buy a copy of it! A bit pricey for me.

I would like to see Michael Martins write a book on the Borden case which would include stating the facts of these two murders, his knowledge of Victorian life in 1892, and his thoughts on what happened that fateful day. This is just wishful thinking on my part.
theebmonique

Post by theebmonique »

twinsrwe @ Wed May 24, 2006 9:13 am wrote:
theebmonique @ Tue May 23, 2006 9:31 pm wrote:Well, there is the Knowlton Papers, but that is a compilation.

Tracy...
True, there is the Knowlton Papers - if anyone can afford to buy a copy of it! A bit pricey for me.

I would like to see Michael Martins write a book on the Borden case which would include stating the facts of these two murders, his knowledge of victorian life in 1892, and his thoughts on what happened that fateful day. This is just wishful thinking on my part.

Believe it or not, I have seen it go for right around $50...I want to say less, but I can't remember for sure. It seems to be averaging around $100. My pricing guesses are just from memory. Hang in there in looking for the KP's. If you keep at it, you will get one.

Tracy...
twinsrwe

Post by twinsrwe »

Thanks, Tracy... This is an affordable price. I have only seen the Knowlton Paper's go for 400.00+.
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

I've TOUCHED him!

There, I've said it. Yes, I've met him several times. This thread is so 16 Magazine!
Susan

Post by Susan »

:lol: I thought it was more like Tiger Beat magazine. :lol:
“Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever.”-Margaret Cho comedienne