DeMille Bargains

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

DeMille Bargains

Post by augusta »

This morning on Amazon.com you can buy Agnes DeMille's "Dance of Death" from a private bookseller in the 'new & used' section for: $8.19; $10.00; + there are three more that go progressively up in price to $25.

Someone from Georgia is selling a "like new" hardcover "first printing" of Radin's book for $100.00. Don't feed these sharks. They aim right at us Bordenites. If we buy these overpriced books, we are ripping all of us off in the long run.
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

I agree with you, Augusta.

If I had a dollar for every scam I've seen on eBay I'd be rich. What I hate is when I bid the maximum amount that an item is actually worth and some clown comes in at the very last second and bid's more than it's worth. :-?

We have to be careful what price we pay for stuff, including those half-eaten cheese sandwiches.

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Hey STEVE: Made a bookstore visit today to pick up Robert Sabuda's new pop up book.

While there I looked up that book I mentioned on another post, in case you are interested:

Called: THE BLACK DAHLIA FILES.........by Donald H. Wolfe copyright 2005
1bigsteve

Post by 1bigsteve »

Thank you, Michael. I'll check into it.

Have you ever read, "By Persons Unknown, The Strange Death of Christine Demeter?" I remember her as the model dressed in leopard skins holding a spear in an advertisement for a car called the Javelin back in the early '70's. She was murdered in her garage and even though they never figured out who killed her, her husband was jailed for hiring a hit man. It is a strange case. She was hit in the head with a hammer. Nobody saw or heard a thing, not even her daughter who was in the living room watching TV. It remind's me of the Borden case.

-1bigsteve (o:
"All of your tomorrows begin today. Move it!" -Susan Hayward 1973
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

That's interesting Steve:

I shouldn't admit it, but I remember the Javlin commercials. That was at the same time they were selling the AMX and Hornet. These were the cars that were suppose to help save American Motors. The Javlin was a sporty large car.

Interesting about the murder case. I remember seeing her in ads in magazines with the car. Will jot that one down. A hammer? Ouch! Thanks for the info. :smile:
Kat

Post by Kat »

I looked at that Black Dahlia book in the bookstore today and there was a photo of her face after it was stitched back up for ID purposes. I had never seen her face post mortem.
Her mouth was slashed cheek to cheek and chipped a tooth or two.
It was really vicious and reminded me of Jack the Ripper.