Nance Photo & Lizzie Card for sale

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Nance Photo & Lizzie Card for sale

Post by augusta »

I was windows-shopping on eBay yesterday and caught a couple interesting things.

Item # 7618469744 is an 8 x 10 photo of Nance O'Neil with another actress from the movie "The House of Women". Bidding starts at $75. Auction ends May 19, 18:23 PDT.

Item # 9519749439 is a Father's Day card someone made. It has a terrible looking Lizzie on the front, but inside it says - well, I won't ruin it for you. I thought it was pretty funny. That's going for $3.89 at "buy it now" pricing. I would think they made more than one.

I wonder why they didn't put a better looking Lizzie on the front? If they did, I think they'd sell good.
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

Yes Augusta, the card looks more like Abby than Lizzie.

The Photo of Nance O'Neil has been on at least 3 times. I think this is the 4th time it has been on and the price has never changed.

Now imagine if that was a photo of Nance and Lizzie cheek-to-cheek? In that case it would be the most valuable photo of Lizzie in existence. Include Nance and Lizzie's signature and well, even I would bid on it. :lol:
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

Just reading the discription of the Photo on ebay of Nance O'Neil.

I must admit that I harbor a little resentment towards those who outright asses Lizzie's sexual preference without any proof. (The ebay add lables Nance as Lizzie's Lesbian Lover.) Though it has been reported and well known that Nance danced that way, there is absolutely no proof that Lizzie had. :-? :?:
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I looked at the Lizzie card-- and might have bought it but Augusta is right-- the image of Lizzie is ugly!

I do not have anyone to send it to-- but wanted it just the same.

Maybe I should design and make my own line of Lizzie greeting cards?
augusta

Post by augusta »

Great idea, Audrey. Go for it!

Mb: Yes, it is irritating that people say they know for sure Lizzie was gay and brand her as such. Myself, I think she was. But of course I don't know for sure. Doesn't matter to me anyway.

So that photo has been on eBay a few times before. Interesting. I suppose it is an original, but I don't think they say that in the item description.

Once I got an 8 x 10 color photo of Andy Griffith and Don Knotts, autographed by both. When it arrived, all it was was a grainy cheap picture someone probably printed off of their printer. I have no idea if the signatures are real, considering the lousy photo.

Another time I got an 8 x 10 gorgeous color photo of Gregory Peck in an early role - maybe 'The Yearling'. The signature had me doubting. It just looked like someone wrote "Pee" on it. :peanut19: Sorry for the language, but that's what it looked like scrawled on there. I paid like $14 for it. I gave it to a good friend who collects movie star memorabilia and told him I had my doubts as to its authenticity. When he saw it, he agreed. But the photo was still great - and you never know. Have you ever seen Al Pacino's signature? I won't buy his - it's real awful. It looks like my dog wrote it with a pen in his mouth.

I wonder why the seller of that Nance photo doesn't lower the price? If he's tried this many times and no one is buying it, uh, that's called a 'hint' :?: