Got a New Book

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Got a New Book

Post by augusta »

At a B. Dalton's recently I found a book I hadn't seen before. It's called "100 Most Infamous Criminals" by Jo Durden Smith. Large and hardcover, it cost $9.98. It was originally published by Arcturus Pub. Ltd. in 2003. This edition is published by MetroBooks and printed in China.

Of course I looked up Lizzie and she is in it. The piece is pretty accurate. But they kept spelling 'Abby' like 'Abbey'. They refer to the epilepsy theory as Lizzie having a "funny turn". And there is a full page painting that looks nothing like Lizzie, but it's supposed to be her. I never saw this painting of her before.

Does anyone else have it?
Bob Gutowski

Post by Bob Gutowski »

There are innumerable British collections available at big outlets, and I always check them out, and they're almost always neglibible, unfortunately! :)

An old exeption was a Julian Symons volume, which had a heretofore unseen shot of the back of the house. There was another Brit collection which had a secretly snapped set of pix from when the FR Historical Society was a bit ashamed of their Borden artfiacts and used to show them in the back in a glass case (which is how I saw them in the mid-seventies).
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I think I am going to have to check that book out. Just to see how good it is.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.