Buyer Beware

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

augusta

Buyer Beware

Post by augusta »

Someone on eBay is selling what they list as "Annie Oakley in front of her tent 1893 World's Fair". Then in the description, they say the 'picture was taken around 1885-1886'. There is a 'buy it now' price of $9.99. It is not an original photo (it does say that in the description).

Well, the Chicago 1893 World's Fair was not going on until 1893. I don't think it was even being thought of in 1885/1886.

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, which included Annie Oakley, was not allowed to be part of the Fair. They put up their show outside of the fair on its own.

What a fraudulent listing. EBay needs Kat as their 'fact checker'! :peanut7: Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Annie-Oakley-In-Fro ... dZViewItem
Elizabeth Ann

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Did you notice the shipping? $6.50!! That must be one heavy picture!
I thought I would go out, and see if the air would make me feel any better. "Lizzie Andrew Borden"
snokkums

Post by snokkums »

I wonder how authentic the picture is. But you do have to be careful with alot of the things that get sold on line.
Suicide is painless It brings on many changes and I will take my leave when I please.