EBAY AUCTION 2007

Buy, Sell, Trade or just discuss Lizzie-related Items Here!

Moderator: Adminlizzieborden

Lee-ann

EBAY AUCTION 2007

Post by Lee-ann »

The Morse room, for the night of August 4th 2007, went up for auction on EBay yesterday.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Cool! It's gotten 9 bids already. Here's the URL for the item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lizzie-Borden-Augus ... dZViewItem
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
shakiboo

Post by shakiboo »

Thanks Harry!
mbhenty

Post by mbhenty »

:smile:

DO you think that Abby will visit the roomers on that night????? :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1
shakiboo

Post by shakiboo »

Wow. winning bid, $940.00
Mark A.

Post by Mark A. »

Wow! $940.00!!!
That must be why I saw the local Fox News channel brocasting from in front of the house yesterday!

I'm sure any stay in the house is memorable but a stay on Aug. 4th is just that little bit extra nice.
Mark A.
darthvader

Post by darthvader »

I stayed in the Morse Room a few days before Halloween, 2004. This was before the re do of the house and the printing shop was still attached to the house.

Nothing spooky happened at all, which was disappointing. But I would like to point out to people that the house is (at least it was) across from the bus station and it is loud at all hours of the night.

:cool:
Kat

Post by Kat »

Hi!
I'm not sure if you are comparing now- with no bus station- to then, 2004?
I stayed one night last year in the Jennings room and the bus station was there and I never heard any traffic noises until about 7 am.
Now the station is gone but a building is going up. They were doing some road work early one morning our first morning this year but the next mornings were all starting at civilized hours- meaning I was already up! :grin:

It doesn't really matter tho. Some guests sleep- some are too excited to! :cool:
darthvader

Post by darthvader »

Yeah, when I stayed in the Morse room, which faces Second street the bus station was right across the street. Folks were pretty loud. My wife was freaked out beyond belief as it was, without somebody arguing with somebody across the street.

Great news to hear the station is no more. :cool:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Hey Darthvader, do you know which night you stayed in the house? I stayed in Bridget's room on 0ct 27th 2004. I was the only one on the third floor that night. I can't remember who stayed in the Morse room that night. Dee did the tour. We watched "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" in the Parlour after.
What is a Picture, but the capture of a moment in time.
Harry

Post by Harry »

In May I slept in the Knowlton room on the third floor. This room faces the street and is directly over the Guest room.

The bus station had been torn down already and there was no construction going on at the time.

It was very quiet and quite nice. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Of course I am a very sound sleeper and would probably sleep through a double hatchet murder! Image
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find
darthvader

Post by darthvader »

Fargo @ Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:10 am wrote:Hey Darthvader, do you know which night you stayed in the house? I stayed in Bridget's room on 0ct 27th 2004. I was the only one on the third floor that night. I can't remember who stayed in the Morse room that night. Dee did the tour. We watched "The Legend of Lizzie Borden" in the Parlour after.
:shock:

That is too strange!! I am almost positive that was the night we were there. We went to Salem for Haloween that week-end so that must have been Wednesday night. Dee did do the tour and I remember "the" ghost video being played after the tour. We did not hang out but went right to bed. What a small community we are.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

There was someone named Keith who parked his compact car right up by the leary door. I parked my silver buick mid - size rental car behind his car.

There was another car behind mine I remember someone having a p t cruiser, I think it was white.

When we first all entered the house someone slipped going up the front staircase and dropped their suitcase that then slid down the stairs.

Dee had done the tour because Lee Ann had lost her voice. Lee Ann had her voice back by the next mourning.

A young girl showed up who I think was dee's daughter. I remember that Dee's mother showed up and stayed the night.

The next mourning I was the last one to get to the dinning room table everyone else was already there. I sat at the end of the table closest to the kitchen. I was facing towards the street.

darthvader

Post by darthvader »

Wow, that is pretty amazing. My wife and I had a rental blue Chevy Impala that we had to park across the street. I was pretty concerned about it getting towed and had to be reassured it was OK. And it was just fine. We went to eat at Al Mac's Diner that night. My wife was pretty freaked out and did not want to watch any videos that might freak her out even more.
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

I don't know if I am right but when you mention a blue Impala something seems familiar. I remember at least one of the guests cars being parked on the road.

Of all the other guests Keith is the only one who's name I remember probably because I have a friend in town here named Keith.

If I hadn't stayed there that night I would have had till wait till November as they were booked up. I just reserved the room that day.

When you came back from dinner did it take awhile before anyone answered the door?

I remember someone knocking at the front door and me and someone else were looking around trying to find Lee Ann or Dee as we didn't know that any of the guests had left the house so we thought it would be better if Lee Ann or Dee answered the door. When the door was finally opened it was two of the guests.

I remember talking to someone in the sitting room who showed me a book he had about Lizzie, it was Spierings book. In which it said that Emma did it.

He also mentioned visiting the replica of the Mayflower.

We were talking about family history about coming to north america I mentioned about my family coming here in the 1600's and he told me that his grandfather came to the U S from Germany after WW I

The tour started at 8 pm and lasted about an hour. While in Lizzie's room my film was rewinding and it kept getting louder and louder and the others were looking my way because of the noise.

After the tour I didn't go to the parlor right away so if the ghost video was played I missed it. When I got there they were watching the older sister and later the legend of Lizzie borden.
darthvader

Post by darthvader »

Yes, indeed, that was me and my wife. We came back from diner locked out. I was reading "Lizzie" on the plane out and pretty much brought the book to re-create some photos. I totally remember.

The Mayflower II as it is called is pretty lame but they have some great lobster rolls in Plymouth.

:razz:
Fargo

Post by Fargo »

Nice to meet again. :smile: I never thought I would ever meet up with anyone from that visit again except for perhaps Dee, Lee Ann or Don on a return trip. But I never knew about the Forum back then. Stefani, Kat and Harry were in town the same time we were. I just missed them that mourning of the 27th when I was in the giftshop. I never knew till later.

We were discussing how Spiering said that there was no picture of Emma. I had seen one somewhere and we thought that maybe Spierings book was written before Emma's picture was known. But Spiering's book does have a lot of fiction in it.

I remember you mentioning visiting Plymouth Rock and I asked you if you saw the replica of the Mayflower because I had heard about it years ago. You said it was pretty hoaky looking. I checked out a picture of it after I got back, you are right.

I remember you telling the rest of us in the parlor that you and your wife were going to bed and that your wife was pretty freaked out, but I didn't understand it until now, because I never knew about the ghost video until after I came home. I never knew anyone watched it there that night untill now.

Lee Ann did show me some still pictures of it that night but I never knew there was a dvd or video. I have never seen it but I recently ordered it.

If I had seen it that night it might have freaked me out too.

The next mourning at breakfast you and your wife were sitting on my right. You asked me how I slept ,I said alright but that I was worried that I wouldn't get to sleep and then I wouldn't be able to tell anyone that I had slept there.

You might remember, I told the story at the table about the time I mistakingly put salt in my tea instead of sugar and went to drink it.

This whole thing sure is neat. :grin:
darthvader

Post by darthvader »

Now, that we have totally high-jacked this thread....yeah, really that is pretty cool. I knew very little of Lizzie until that trip and have been very interested from that night on. Great to "talk" with you once more!!